IGNORED

Colin Murray

Redstreet

22 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

Just listened to Colin Murray on 606 . Consistently praises us up as he does on Goals on 5 . To quote “ Bristol City: “ rock and roll football” .  Amongst highlighted championship best players , Joe Bryan spotlighted . 

Good to hear 

Listened to the show myself,  he definitely seems to have a soft spot for us, and so he should.

Personally like Murray, but he is someone I prefer on radio for some reason. He has highlighted City quite a few times & I’m fairly sure he wrote an article on us against Man City, saying we had a chance if we weren’t taken seriously. Has also commented that we play the best football outside the Prem. So I was a little bemused by the stick he came in for last night. Even during his TalkSport stint he would always talk about the lower leagues. COYR 

His radio show on TS was the best thing in mornings. Totally respect why he left the place when Murdoch got his grubby mits on the station but wish he’d get a gig elsewhere 

Some have taken offence to tiny things he's said, when I think he was actually praising us. I used to like his show on Radio 1 , I enjoyed his talk sport show and I prefer the Channel 5 show with him on it. Seems a genuine football fan , not just paying lip service to the lower Leagues like so many pundits do.

35 minutes ago, weepywall said:

He has always got a good word for us yet some were slagging him off last night for saying we are punching above our weight.

I think we have a few on here who like to feel offended :whistle:

14 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Personally like Murray, but he is someone I prefer on radio for some reason. He has highlighted City quite a few times & I’m fairly sure he wrote an article on us against Man City, saying we had a chance if we weren’t taken seriously. Has also commented that we play the best football outside the Prem. So I was a little bemused by the stick he came in for last night. Even during his TalkSport stint he would always talk about the lower leagues. COYR 

I think he tweeted something like a City have "bollox" the way they have taken on Man City.

I like him on tv and radio.

43 minutes ago, weepywall said:

He has always got a good word for us yet some were slagging him off last night for saying we are punching above our weight.

I commented about him and what he said but wasn’t slagging him off. I just didn’t agree with some of what he said about us but don’t disagree that he always finds a kind word about our style of play and in particular quoting us as the most attractive footballing side outside the Prem

27 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

His radio show on TS was the best thing in mornings. Totally respect why he left the place when Murdoch got his grubby mits on the station but wish he’d get a gig elsewhere 

A new series of his podcast 'At Home with ' is out now, give the first series a listen if you haven't already. I can recommend the Ian Wright episode especially. 

I always liked the Colin with big eye brows, even before he acquired a soft spot for us. 

The championship on 5 has improved immeasurably since he has taken the reins too. 

It is actually just about worth watching now, rather than recording, then skipping through to see the city goals whilst hoping not to catch any of the cringy presenter- talk. 

Maybe we have punched above our weight but the football we play has been outstanding because we have not spent like Middlesbrough or Villa as well as many other teams. We have built our profile immensely this season and we’re not Little Bristol City anymore the cup run has got a few heads turning any other year could we of been down to 10 men and win 2-0 comfortably against a decent championship side. What ever happens by end of May we have come on leaps and bounds and put Bristol City on the footballing map.

I watched it a week or two ago where it was some woman and Dave Edwards (who has no character whatsoever) presenting and it was dreadful. The woman was reading off an iPad the entire time and Edwards was just reeling off footballing cliches whilst maintaining a cheesy fake smile for the entirety of the show.

Much much better this week with Colin back on, and I though Clinton Morrison was good value too.

Archived