IGNORED

If the current squad was now playing in the Premier league where do think we would be?

hoxton casual

18 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I'm going to say 14th (where Huddersfield currently are)

It’s very hard to say because we would undoubtedly sign players if we were promoted. How many and of what quality would have a big impact. 

With this squad, I think we’d get some good, memorable results here and there, but ultimately not be quite good enough to survive, playing that level week after week. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The thing is... Undoubtedly we would struggle and could well go down. However, there is a lot of dross in PL Bottom half.

Okay, maybe not quite dross but sides who are not terribly good. 9th-20th, not huge quality IMO. So survival not a total lost cause.

Yep. I look at the PL and can probably make a genuine case for any of the clubs from Watford downwards to be relegated. And a fair few of those are probably little better than anybody who could realistically come up from our league.

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Depth of our squad would be an issue but with our current first choice 11 we could beat most teams outside the top 6. Over a season we would beat the drop I reckon

That really is nonsense.

A League where Burnley- until recent years a yoyo side/struggling side were 7th until sometime after Christmas does not- and this is no slight on Burnley at all who I think have been great- suggest a League with great depth and quality below the top 6.

Sorry, but it doesn't...nor too does a League where the top 6 have lost just 7 games to the sides v 7th-20th since the start of season. Nearly 2.4 pts per game for said top 6 vs the rest too...that alone gives me hope we could give survival a good go. Don't believe all you see on Sky, read in some parts of our more enthusiastic press about the PL being the superduperbestest.

So beating 4 Prem teams in the cup this season is no benchmark as to how we would fare? We only put our strongest available teams out versus the 2 Manchester clubs as most of those in the previous matches were not first team regulars - Watford, Stoke & Palace 

Bottom half of the Prem are no better than top 6 of Championship, as Pep Guardiola said we would be a decent addition to the Prem who is probably better qualified than you and your dismissive comment 

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

So beating 4 Prem teams in the cup this season is no benchmark as to how we would fare? We only put our strongest available teams out versus the 2 Manchester clubs as most of those in the previous matches were not first team regulars - Watford, Stoke & Palace 

Bottom half of the Prem are no better than top 6 of Championship, as Pep Guardiola said we would be a decent addition to the Prem who is probably better qualified than you and your dismissive comment 

Cup means nothing as you will always get shocks. You are getting a bit carried away. 

Archived