IGNORED

Interesting comments by Freeman

Alan Dicks

He has six months left in his contract, we offer him a contract (probably around the same if not a little more money) which he says no because he believes others are on more money and we sell to make money otherwise he leaves on a free. 

He's a good mid to lower championship player, as previously stated I think our current wide players would all keep him out of the match day squad. 

“The club didn’t offer me anything”

”I was waiting for an offer, but didn’t get one”

”it was out of my hands. I’d like to have stayed”

”oh actually they did offer me one, but I wanted more money, despite not being good enough at this level”!!

Sounds as if we didn't offer much of an increase on his league 1 contract where he'd have been hoping to get a championship level increase from us. Can't say I blame him for turning it down, got to move back home and on a bigger salary, how often do people on here say they wouldn't blame someone for signing for more money because its a short career for him. As others have said he probably wouldn't be starting here so fair play for finding himself a place where he's playing regularly at this level. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Isn't he the leading assist provider in Championship this season? Right up there anyway.

Not knocking the sale of him, shame it didn't work for us with him at this level really.

Agreed. I’m disappointed by the badmouthing of players who do well for us then leave. I liked him and his version of the story may well be correct. We have no evidence and if it is, it just means LJ decided to let him go. In which case he would be blameless.

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Agreed. I’m disappointed by the badmouthing of players who do well for us then leave. I liked him and his version of the story may well be correct. We have no evidence and if it is, it just means LJ decided to let him go. In which case he would be blameless.

Hmmm doesn’t really tally with Luke’s version of things..! 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/freeman-offered-new-deal/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/johnson-admits-he-needs-quick-decision-from-freeman/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/freeman-wants-to-move-on-johnson/

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

For all of Lee’s good points this is the same man who pretty much claimed Aden Flint wanted to leave while offering him around for £4 million in the summer. Given Freeman has nothing to gain from his quotes, and the Flint saga, I’d trust him over LJ/club spin.

Also :laugh: at Freeman, who has more assists than anyone else in the division this season, being not good enough for a decent Championship club.

On purely a personal level, feel for Freeman a little. He was integral to the league 1 season and every bit as good as pack, flint, Bryan, smith. Wasn’t quite up to speed in the championship but then neither were some of the others. 

He was also very much part of that group who seem very close. So must be tough to see them all enjoying such current success. 

No room for sentiment in football though. 

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

For all of Lee’s good points this is the same man who pretty much claimed Aden Flint wanted to leave while offering him around for £4 million in the summer. Given Freeman has nothing to gain from his quotes, and the Flint saga, I’d trust him over LJ/club spin.

Also :laugh: at Freeman, who has more assists than anyone else in the division this season, being not good enough for a decent Championship club.

Except the club weren't offering Flint around for £4million.

Freeman also contradicts himself "they didn't offer me a contract" shortly followed by "they offered me a contract".

5 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

So Flint didn’t have his head turned in the summer then? I’m fairly sure he’s almost admitted as much hasn’t he?

If we wanted him to stay then I’m sure what he was offered was in the right ballpark relative to the rest of the squad. 

Reads as if he wanted to be the - or one of the - top earning players and wasn’t happy when he did get a contract offer that that wasn’t the case. 

Article summarised in a nutshell “I left for more money”

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If we wanted him to stay then I’m sure what he was offered was in the right ballpark relative to the rest of the squad. 

Reads as if he wanted to be the - or one of the - top earning players and wasn’t happy when he did get a contract offer that that wasn’t the case. 

Article summarised in a nutshell “I left for more money”

Probably feels a bit left out, what with all our media coverage of late.

Archived