IGNORED

Roll call for Bolton,who's going?

Never to the dark side

Safe journey to all those who are going to the game on Friday. Seriously impressive commitment given the following:

• It's a seriously crappy winter, Long way, Friday evening traffic,
  • Won't get home until early hours, you could watch it in your lounge/ local pub.
  • Money spent on travel and tickets. Lost pay or holiday for taking the afternoon off work.
  • Complete tedium of a long coach journey. High probability of at least 2 meals being purchased from John Menzies at a motorway service station
  • Your phone is likely to run out of battery before you reach Stafford on the way up to the game.

Having said that, I bloody love going to away games, seriously good crack. Wish I was going.

I know that I don't speak for others, but I'm sure they would like to say a big thank you to all those who are making the journey up and giving our boys a shout :clap:Thank you 

Sadly, another game that I’d have gone too, had it been it’s original Saturday date. 

Not been to Bolton before, so one I’d definitely have liked to have ticked off the list. 

Fair play to those making the journey! 

COYR! 

2 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I'm heading up - made easier by the fact I had to be in Edinburgh on Saturday morning anyway.

Even booked into the hotel with a pitchside view.... but will still take my place in the away end despite having a view from my bed!

122494563.jpg

We're off to Bolton (only missed one away game this season) and got the same hotel as you, hoping it's not going to be like Sheffield Utd, stayed in the hotel adjoining the ground and was full of Utd's supporters before and after and found it very hard to celebrate beating them in the last minute!

4 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

What a shame that these TV away games are hammering our away support. I made Derby, but can't get to Bolton. Fair play to the lads that get there Friday.

Yes totally agree.

I'm sure we'd have had a good 1000-1500 at Derby the other week, and something pretty similar for Bolton.

5 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I'm heading up - made easier by the fact I had to be in Edinburgh on Saturday morning anyway.

Even booked into the hotel with a pitchside view.... but will still take my place in the away end despite having a view from my bed!

122494563.jpg

Serious question , but how do they ensure you are not drinking alcohol  while watching the game. I know in executive boxes the blinds have to be drawn when the game is going on.

1 hour ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yes totally agree.

I'm sure we'd have had a good 1000-1500 at Derby the other week, and something pretty similar for Bolton.

Yes I agree, I would have done Derby Leeds and Bolton but all TV now, part disappointed but saving £200 on train fares plus I quite like watching on TV was the winner.. Fair play to those that go though... 

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Serious question , but how do they ensure you are not drinking alcohol  while watching the game. I know in executive boxes the blinds have to be drawn when the game is going on.

I was also intrigued by this and can't find anything on the website or in their terms and conditions. 

15 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'm purely using the room to sleep in, the thought of watching the game in a room just doesn't feel right but I imagine many do with these corporate boxes etc.  I'm thinking hotel bar, then away end, then hotel bar but the thought of now watching the game in that room, home fans in front of me and we score, say now more. I've got two room booked but i believe some of the rooms don't face the pitch

13 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

I was also intrigued by this and can't find anything on the website or in their terms and conditions. 

6 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

122494563.jpg

Oh wow, I’d love that. I really didn’t know this was possible, gutted we didn’t do this now. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sadly, another game that I’d have gone too, had it been it’s original Saturday date. 

Not been to Bolton before, so one I’d definitely have liked to have ticked off the list. 

Fair play to those making the journey! 

COYR! 

Me too, I’m guessing a lot are in the same position. 

Archived