IGNORED

Roll call for Bolton,who's going?

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

I made the Goldstone twice, we went onto their end in a 1-0 victory in 1980, been  to their new one and the Withdean, they also played at Gillingham which I’ve been to although that was when we played the Gills, the club ran a special train that day in a 3-1 victory with Bobby Hutchinson scoring twice, been to any team at 3 different  grounds?

Yes - Bristol Roverzzzzz....

16 hours ago, Posset red said:

Do you mind me asking how much per night the room was ? 

It was £82 for the room and B&B.

As others have said, during the game, shutters come down. If you're a home fan, you can access a seat in the ground that is included in the price but want to take my place in the away end and give the boys my full support.

6 hours ago, Forever.Red said:

Unfortunately the ticket wasn't included, not really sure how they can stop you from watching the game for free, bit rude if they try and close the blinds with me sat on the bed with a few ciders.  I don't think there are many rooms facing the pitch so it could be a hit or miss if I get one but when I booked I really was thinking of hassle free parking and not too far to walk to the away end.  I'm now hoping I get a pitch side room to see how they control the issue of free viewing as that would be an amazing deal, room, free match and breakfast for £87

I rang and asked. The rate quoted for 2 was £170.00 i asked about the view and that includes 2 tickets to watch in your room/ balcony. If you get normal room they xlose the blinds or do something which means you cant see the pitch. 

On 29/01/2018 at 17:56, The Horse With No Name said:

Serious question , but how do they ensure you are not drinking alcohol  while watching the game. I know in executive boxes the blinds have to be drawn when the game is going on.

It’s only illegal to drink alcohol whilst watching a football match if you are in the ground. If the Dolman Stand was demolished you could stand on one of the balconies of flats behind the ground, watch the match, and have a drink. Similarly, it would have been legal for Shedman to drink alcohol whilst watching the match, during the ground redevelopment, as he wasn’t in the ground . If the hotel at Bolton is not part of the ground, just adjacent to it, the same principle would apply 

On 30/01/2018 at 07:35, RedM said:

I don’t know how many I’ve done, but I was wondering this too. Eg do I count Newport for example who have relocated, and Derby as 2 as I’ve been to both old and current grounds. What are the rules with this stuff? My awayday buddy has an Apple phone and can get an app to tick grounds off, doesn’t seem the same app is available for Android though which isn’t good.

There is an excellent App I use called groundhopper. You can log all the grounds you visit. You can actually check in while you are there and see others who have too. I have 197 grounds logged. That includes grounds down to the Western league Div1. It is android friendly.

9 hours ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

There is an excellent App I use called groundhopper. You can log all the grounds you visit. You can actually check in while you are there and see others who have too. I have 197 grounds logged. That includes grounds down to the Western league Div1. It is android friendly.

Thank you, both you and @1960maaanalerted me to this. I’m on 70, way more than I thought.

Even more gutted I’m not going to ‘new’ Bolton ( did the old with the B&Q almost touching the pitch) as I’ve only got 5 more Championship ones to do. Surprisingly I’ve done 11/20 Premiership ones without ever seeing City play there, it just shows how many teams we played in the Championship or lower have gone on to be promoted. 

14 hours ago, Scottish Robin said:

My first away game. Any good pubs to head for to meet other fans pre match?

Last time we played Bolton year before last the away pub was The Beehive which is at the far end of the dual carriageway that runs past the stadium, on the other side of the roundabout - 10-15 minutes walk to the away end (far side of the ground). Usual family pub / carvery type gig from what I can recall, but very cheap and friendly staff.

Bear in mind the stadium is not in Bolton but between two villages, so not much choice - I knew a few last time went elsewhere then got a train straight to the ground via Horwich Parkway. As glamorous as the stadium hotel looks, I'm staying in Wigan (fast, direct long-distance trains...) so will drink there, possibly Beehive last minute. 

On 30/01/2018 at 20:07, pongo88 said:

It’s only illegal to drink alcohol whilst watching a football match if you are in the ground. If the Dolman Stand was demolished you could stand on one of the balconies of flats behind the ground, watch the match, and have a drink. Similarly, it would have been legal for Shedman to drink alcohol whilst watching the match, during the ground redevelopment, as he wasn’t in the ground . If the hotel at Bolton is not part of the ground, just adjacent to it, the same principle would apply 

It was wrong that he got to see games for free. City should have installed shutters on his shed and brought them down during game time 

11 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

It was wrong that he got to see games for free. City should have installed shutters on his shed and brought them down during game time 

Should've made him get off the shed for persistent standing too. Hopefully the OB will be round his house soon at 4 in the morning to lock him up. Scum.

Archived