IGNORED

If we had to lose one key player on Wed who would you choose?

tinman85

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think we could cope without Cauley Woodrow..! 

A really key player  !

I would say Frankie Fielding as I 

believe Steele is a better keeper .

A difficult question to answer though as I love Frankie as much for his attitude as for his keeping .

Equally I could have said Flinty as Baker was bought in to replace him in the summer but I love Aden for his character as much as his footballing abilities.

Damn you Tinman85 . 

:ranting:

Flint.

We've seen how important Fammy has been for us in the last couple of games, just gives us that extra dimension to our play and stops us being so one dimensional and predictable. Bobby's hot streak earlier in the season came whilst playing alongside Fammy and with the partnership they have I certainly wouldn't want to lose Bobby either.

Joe Bryan is probably our biggest asset and most talented player and it would be devastating if we lost him now.

People don't generally consider Pack as a key player for us but I do. We don't have anyone else in the squad that can play his role and I do think we'd fall apart a bit if he moved on.

Back to Flint, I think we were resigned to losing him in the summer and Baker was brought in as his replacement, with the view of a Baker-Wright 1st choice partnership for the season. Yes Flint has been immense for us and I'd be sad to see him go but I believe with the squad we have we'd be able to finish the season at a similar level to where we are now, whereas I think losing any other of our key players could be a real blow to our chances.

It would have to be Flint as said above.. he is a vital player of course and he has been outstanding this season.

But if we were to lose any of our key players I'd choose Flint. 

For a start we'd be cashing in very good money for a players who is 28 he's not getting any younger. 

And as mentioned by another poster.. we'd all be happy with Wright & Baker as a central defensive partnership.

Although it would be gutting to see Aden go, and he's someone what of a cult hero at AG. 

Some would worry how we'd have to make up the goals he scores, which we would but this season there's goals right across the team. 

I think if Bryan or Reid left there would be a much bigger void to fill. 

38 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Difficult one but if someone asked you to make a decision on one who would it be? Personally for me it would be Reid now that we have signed Diony. Losing Flint and Bryan in those positions could really damage us. Don't want to lose any of them. 

pack or smith for me, its the one position we are strong in at the moment 

Bobby Reid.

I can see the argument for Flint but it seems to me that his spirit and attitude are worth as much as his abilities and they'd be tricky to replace. That's not to say that Bobby doesn't have a great attitude, but Flint looks (from the outside) like the sort who can lift the whole team and that's pretty rare. Like Jamie McCombe last time we were any good he's the kind of player who compensates for a mistake by going up the other end and scoring, and not all defenders can do that.

Reid's a great player, I'd be reluctant to lose him and I don't doubt that it would have a negative effect on our season if he went, but I think he's the easiest to replace now that we have Diony, Walsh and Kent - either a straight striker swap with Diony, or if we still want a tricky attacking midfield sort of striker then there's the option of pushing Paterson forward and putting Walsh or Kent in.

It's Joe Bryan for me, even though he's in my opinion the best of those three. We have a few options for LM and at LB HM has been improving. I think we'd 'cope' much better than if we lost Reid or Flint. If we sign a RB answer quickly changes to Flint.

5 hours ago, Gratbot said:

Flint.

We've seen how important Fammy has been for us in the last couple of games, just gives us that extra dimension to our play and stops us being so one dimensional and predictable. Bobby's hot streak earlier in the season came whilst playing alongside Fammy and with the partnership they have I certainly wouldn't want to lose Bobby either.

Joe Bryan is probably our biggest asset and most talented player and it would be devastating if we lost him now.

People don't generally consider Pack as a key player for us but I do. We don't have anyone else in the squad that can play his role and I do think we'd fall apart a bit if he moved on.

Back to Flint, I think we were resigned to losing him in the summer and Baker was brought in as his replacement, with the view of a Baker-Wright 1st choice partnership for the season. Yes Flint has been immense for us and I'd be sad to see him go but I believe with the squad we have we'd be able to finish the season at a similar level to where we are now, whereas I think losing any other of our key players could be a real blow to our chances.

I agree in theory but with Baker out for 3 games plus any injury to him (already carrying a knock) leaves us looking short at the back without people slotting to positions that nulify their strengths. It's a tough one

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

A really key player  !

I would say Frankie Fielding as I 

believe Steele is a better keeper .

A difficult question to answer though as I love Frankie as much for his attitude as for his keeping .

Equally I could have said Flinty as Baker was bought in to replace him in the summer but I love Aden for his character as much as his footballing abilities.

Damn you Tinman85 . 

:ranting:

Steele certainly does look the part, so perhaps Frankie might need a move if he is kept out on merit. 

I agree about Aden, but if we get a 8-10 mill bid might be tempting, at his age his stock will never be better.

Tin Hat On .. 

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Would hate to lose any of them, but if we got £10m for Flint, we have adequate cover. Joe or Bobby would be hard to replace.

I really want this squad intact to challenge in the prem next year.

I don't think we have cover for Flint in any way shape or form. He is our backbone. Nobody comes close. Lose him and Championship next season... I guarantee it. I would simply not sell him at any price.

Archived