IGNORED

Will Park and Ride open when Metrobus is running?

myol'man

With all the recent parking problems around Ashton Gate on matchdays, the possible introduction of RPZ and the reluctance of Bristol City Council to open the Long Ashton park and ride to football traffic, to me the obvious question (and answer) would be,  once the Metrobus is up and running will it be open all day Saturday and later into the evenings for anyone to use and get off at the first stop i.e. Ashton Gate?

Simples!

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

With all the recent parking problems around Ashton Gate on matchdays, the possible introduction of RPZ and the reluctance of Bristol City Council to open the Long Ashton park and ride to football traffic, to me the obvious question (and answer) would be,  once the Metrobus is up and running will it be open all day Saturday and later into the evenings for anyone to use and get off at the first stop i.e. Ashton Gate?

Simples!

Am assuming there's some sort of contractual issue there as well.

Also, wouldn't it fall under North Somerset Council being Long Ashton?

So will the metrobus stop at Long Ashton P&R then. Coming up  the M5 it would be an option for me but currently I understand the P&R bus route doesn't go past AG, even if it was open?

In the recent Post article it suggested the Council weren't keen on us using it for matches as it led to fans walking down the dual carriageway. What a shambles if true.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So will the metrobus stop at Long Ashton P&R then. Coming up  the M5 it would be an option for me but currently I understand the P&R bus route doesn't go past AG, even if it was open?

In the recent Post article it suggested the Council weren't keen on us using it for matches as it led to fans walking down the dual carriageway. What a shambles if true.

Yes. The metrobus will stop at the LA park and ride. It then goes "the other side" of David Lloyd and comes out near Ashton Gate.

MetroBus-Coming-Soon-Map.jpg

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Simples!

There is nothing to stop you parking in the P&R now and getting off at the first bus stop which is on the Winterstoke Rd roundabout/

There will be a metrobus stop behind the new flats on the other side of Greville Smyth park. It's a short walk across the park from there, and that will be very useful for people coming from Whitchurch  or the Centre.. But given that it's only a 10 minute walk from the Park and Ride, why would you get the bus, unless your mobility is restricted?

17 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

There is nothing to stop you parking in the P&R now and getting off at the first bus stop which is on the Winterstoke Rd roundabout/

Problem is for evening games, they lock the gates before the game ends.

• Open from 6am Monday to Saturday – Closed Sundays and Public Holidays
  • Closed and locked overnight at 9.30pm (Monday to Friday) 9pm (Saturday)

5 minutes ago, Dave L said:

There will be a metrobus stop behind the new flats on the other side of Greville Smyth park. It's a short walk across the park from there, and that will be very useful for people coming from Whitchurch  or the Centre.. But given that it's only a 10 minute walk from the Park and Ride, why would you get the bus, unless your mobility is restricted?

You're not allowed to park in there and walk out.  At moment if you get on the park and ride bus you end up in Howells.  Metro bus option would work if they allow football parking 

8 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

Yes. The metrobus will stop at the LA park and ride. It then goes "the other side" of David Lloyd and comes out near Ashton Gate.

MetroBus-Coming-Soon-Map.jpg

Can you tell me where you got that map please. 

It doesn’t show the the promised South Bristol Linl route from Hengrove to LA P&R

9 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

If you come up the M5 then the best option for you is the Portway P&R isn’t it? 

This operates the AG1 match day service and to be honest is pretty bloody good. 

11 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

If you come up the M5 then the best option for you is the Portway P&R isn’t it? 

This operates the AG1 match day service and to be honest is pretty bloody good. 

I used this for the Man City game for the first time and it was excellent.  Loads of spaces left as well.  

2 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

Does anyone know when this will actually start and how big / long / capacity are the buses, is it like tram length system I experienced going to Hillsborough from the centre? 

The one passing the ground is standard single deckers. The bridge by the create centre is too low for double decker. 

12 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

If I don’t get the train, which I haven’t lately, I use the Portway P & R. I got back home in Teignmouth at 6.50 on Saturday, train gets me home at 7.25. 

Good service. 

Archived