IGNORED

Analysis/stats

RaspberryRed

Analysis/stats

I was having a discussion with someone on Saturday with regards to the work rate of our side. Mainly regarding how much ground that Joe, Bobby & Josh for example cover during The 90 minutes.

On Saturday this was especially  highlighted by Bobby chasing down QPR players just outside of our area either forcing a mistake or dispossessing them

I’ve heard it mentioned or seen it written where our coaches mentioning that Bobby runs a half marathon during a game

I know it’s highly unlikely but is there anywhere that these sort of statistics are available to view or is it all totally in house?

Thanks

It will not be true that Bobby Reid covers 13 miles in a game.  The most you will see in the Premier League is 8.5 miles and he will not be doing 50% on top of that.  I would hazard a guess that he might be as high as 9 miles.  10 at an absolute push but doubt it is even that high.

I will try to look for something but not sure it gets reported lower than the Premier League.  

Your half marathon stat probably comes from someone reading that Reid runs 13 kilometres and seeing 13 miles.

Try simply running 13 miles in 90 minutes to see how unlikely it is that a footballer covers that distance in a match.

As to finding the stats, its unlikely anyone is tracking that sort of thing for the Championship.  Even the official Premier League stats don't show distance covered - and they track "Last man tackles" ffs.  Anything you see flash up in a televised game will be and Opta or IBM produced stat for the TV guys rather than something "official".

Last season Christian Eriksen had the highest average distance covered per match in the Premier League -  11.97km. (approx 7.4 miles). Of course this doesn’t measure how he covered the distance, running fast or slow, but it’s unlikely Reid would average any higher 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Last season Christian Eriksen had the highest average distance covered per match in the Premier League -  11.97km. (approx 7.4 miles). Of course this doesn’t measure how he covered the distance, running fast or slow, but it’s unlikely Reid would average any higher 

Interesting, I'd have probably guessed Kante would be top.  Who's publishing the stats for the prem?

Archived