IGNORED

Player of the season (so far)

BetterRedthanBlue

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I think it would probably have to go to Bobby Reid. Completely reinvented himself this season.

Plenty of other candidates though and that says a lot about the season we are having.

What about young player whilst we're at it?

Young Player for me (although our whole squad is quite young!) would be Brownhill.

Hard to separate so many in the starting XI. Frankie and Bobby Reid deserve immense credit for how much they have improved.

Bailey Wright has been reliable, consistent and willingly played out of position all season to cover injuries.

Flint and Baker have been superb. 

Joe Bryan and Josh Brownhill look premier league class.

Korey Smith is just an engine at the heart of midfield.

Paterson has been exceptional at times as was Callum O'Dowda pre-injury.

A couple of high-profile mistakes aside, Marlon Pack has been superb.

Famara gives us a completely different option up-front.

I honestly think, if things continue, the end of season award should go to the entire team.

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Joe Bryan.

7 minutes ago, Beckster said:

Such a tough call. I'd have to say Joe Bryan though. Outstanding goals, breath taking tackling and his constant commitment and dedication to the club. 

I agree. It is about consistency over the 35 odd games played in all competitions and Bryan is my player, followed by Flint who is immense for us.

However if I was going on current form I like the look of Korey Smith. That little drag back on Saturday was the sign of a player at the top of his game and confident.

With all that said, what a team we have!

How can you choose? Some of the lads have been phonemonal. I think due to Flint’s situation in the first month of the season I would harshly have to rule him out.

But it could be anybody out of Smith, Reid, Pack and Bryan. I think even Bailey Wright has done brilliantly at Right Back under the circumstances and deserves a special mention! Paterson... It’s anybody’s this year.

Bryan, not only for exceptional and consistent performances on the pitch but also taking into consideration off the pitch activities such as paying for that guy's rehab and also donating to the vandalised pitches fund.  Sort of a "Man of the Year" award a la the NFL.

Other than that as below.

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Best: Bryan

Most Improved: Reid

Best Young: Brownhill

Champagne: Smith vs Man U

The player that has surpassed all expectations this year has to be Bobby Read. His early pre season goalscoring would surely not carry on into the league games or so I and doubtless others thought but carry on it did and it still is. I have very rarely witnessed such a transformation in so short a time from a player for us. We all knew what Joe,Aden and a few others were capable of but BR has been my standout.

30 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

The player that has surpassed all expectations this year has to be Bobby Read. His early pre season goalscoring would surely not carry on into the league games or so I and doubtless others thought but carry on it did and it still is. I have very rarely witnessed such a transformation in so short a time from a player for us. We all knew what Joe,Aden and a few others were capable of but BR has been my standout.

Who?

Have to go with

1) Young player .....Brownhill

2) Most improved ...Bobby Reid

3) Best player.... Joe Bryan

4) Champagne moment Flint''s goal line clearance against Man Utd

5) Best game ....Derby at home

6) Worst  game......Burton at home

7) Worst Ref ....Keith Stroud

8 Best pie ...Clarks outside by the rising sun

Archived