1) Young player .....Brownhill

2) Most improved ...Bobby Reid

3) Best player.... Joe Bryan

4) Champagne moment Flint''s goal line clearance against Man Utd

5) Best game ....Derby at home

6) Worst  game......Burton at home

7) Worst Ref ....Keith Stroud

8 Best pie ...Clarks outside by the rising sun

But the one against Man Blue was even better ;)

I feel Bailey deserves special recognition, may not be player of the season however his time at right back has been crucial to our success. Had he not performed so well there we would have been looking at Vyner or Smith/Brownhill playing RB and not sure they'd have done so well or a change in our system. 

POTS - Smith

YPOTS - Bryan

Most Improved - Reid

Champagne Moment - Smith vs Man Utd

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d go in this order :

Pack, Baker, Flint, Smith, Bobby, Frankie, Bryan, Bailey, Patterson, Brownhill

For me it’s Baker and Reid, we are a completley different side without Baker  and Flints nowhere near as effective, He’s vastly underrated in my opinion.

Bobby Reid has been simply magnificent this season often on his own up front.  

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

I feel Bailey deserves special recognition, may not be player of the season however his time at right back has been crucial to our success. Had he not performed so well there we would have been looking at Vyner or Smith/Brownhill playing RB and not sure they'd have done so well or a change in our system. 

POTS - Smith

YPOTS - Bryan

Most Improved - Reid

Champagne Moment - Smith vs Man Utd

Not sure we've ever given YPOTS to someone as old as 24.

It’s all about a strong and effective spine. Frankie, Baker, Flint, Pack, Smith, Reid are the ones who’ve allowed the wider players to have good impact. 

Thus for me, the top 6 places all go to those down the spine. 

This is hard. Every week the talk among pundits is how difficult it is to name a man of the match because we’re a team. But if i have to choose right now i’ll Go for Bobby Reid. He is like a long distance runner with a turbo. So many times he has had to play up front on his own but he never seems to tire. Not only has he contributed goals but he is our first line of defence. The number of times he has nicked the ball tackling back or forced defenders into mistakes has been a significant contribution to our success this season. 

Best young player has to be Josh Brownhill. 

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

PFA YPOTY is judged on those 23 or younger at the start of the season, I presume we use the same rules?

Rules and what we tend to do is different. I didn't know this though, interesting thanks!

E.g. Tammy in 2016-7, Bryan in 2014-5.

It’s a difficult task to single out one player when there have been so many. 

Baker and Flint have been great. Wright has done a tremendous job out of position. Smith has been tireless. Pack has improved beyond belief. And Bobby has been absolutely magnificent, I’ve never known an engine like it. 

But the winner for me is Joe Bryan. He’s our most valuable asset and his tackling has been unbelievable at times. He’s scored some tremendous goals, his technique is great and he’s as strong as an  ox. 

Keep hold of all of the above after Wednesday and we can dare to dream. What a season it’s been. 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

For me it’s Baker and Reid, we are a completley different side without Baker  and Flints nowhere near as effective, He’s vastly underrated in my opinion.

Bobby Reid has been simply magnificent this season often on his own up front.  

Agree with this. The signing of Baker has been crucial; his upcoming suspension is a concern. And Reid’s energy and pressing have been key. 

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Paterson has been exceptional at times as was Callum O'Dowda pre-injury.

Goodness, we've been so good I'd actually forgotten all about O'Dowda! He was looking like potentially our best player before getting injured. What a lift it would be to get him back in the team for the run in.

Just got a bit carried away on the "time to put your feet up Bobby’ thread....and my vote is Bobby Reid.  You could easily argue 3 or 4 others, but he has been the spark.

Two goals on the opening day kickstarted the belief from the sceptical fans.

14 goals, often leading the line on his own.

The workrate to trigger the press, so crucial to our system.

Would love to see him get 20 goals, what an achievement that would be.

Archived