IGNORED

Brand Beckham

Bubble

On 30/01/2018 at 12:16, Barry Sheene said:

Just look at the clubs he has played for Man Utd, Real Madrid, Ac Milan,  PSG and over a hundred appearances for England. If he wasn't World class he was as close as you could get to being it.

Correct-achieved more than most English players

2 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

He was world class. He carried England for 10 years let’s see Man U / Real Madrid/ LA galaxy / AC Milan and PSG he must be very Limited :laugh:

I mean swap Madrid for Barca and you've listed Ibrahimovic's clubs and we saw how limited he was at the gate :P

(not actually saying Beckham wasn't world class)

On 30 January 2018 at 06:03, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I define world class as a player who would get in the Earth squad for the Solar System Cup. Beckham at his peak would definitely have been in the squad. A good player to be able to bring on and steady the ship in a tight quarter final against Mars.

Wouldn't get into Man U's greatest eleven let alone England's.

7 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

He was world class. He carried England for 10 years let’s see Man U / Real Madrid/ LA galaxy / AC Milan and PSG he must be very Limited :laugh:

Carried England for ten years? That's a big shout. Certainly throughout the mid to late Noughties, he was part of the 'golden generation' who achieved nothing.

I always thought he was a good player, but there's no denying that his pop-star image and media profile helped his career, in the same way that Rooney's PR machine helped his. 

And it's still going on now. The way the Beckhams are treated like royalty is a bit tiresome.

Beckham getting an MLS franchise is just like the other Class of '92 players and there investments in Hotel/Cafe Football, Salford City and recently a new University.

It's all a part investment, part being bored and wanting to do something.

Archived