IGNORED

Freddie Hinds

Dullmoan Tone

What a rollercoaster of a season - a roy of the rovers goal at Watford that kick started our cup run, to a loan spell where he hardly featured and now sent off reportedly for a stamp in an U23's game.

I really hope it comes good for him as there is clearly some real potential. Must be frustrating to have been so close to the first team only to drop down the pecking order so quickly.

Was he really 'so close' to the first team? We loaned him out to league 2, whereas if he'd actually had any real chance of featuring in the first team between September to January I expect we'd have kept him around after his league cup performances.

Something out of nothing this.

All players get frustrated, especially inexperienced young ones. A stamp is a reaction to getting wound up/angry with the opposition or your own play. Don't think it's indicative of anything really.

Hope he can kick on, he was very very good against Plymouth and Watford. The fact he got a chance then is testament to the effort he must've been putting in in training to convince LJ to give him a go in the side.

7 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

What a rollercoaster of a season - a roy of the rovers goal at Watford that kick started our cup run, to a loan spell where he hardly featured and now sent off reportedly for a stamp in an U23's game.

I really hope it comes good for him as there is clearly some real potential. Must be frustrating to have been so close to the first team only to drop down the pecking order so quickly.

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

L

I saw the Watford game and his entire play was excellent, not just his goal. His quality showed before that too in the Plymouth cup game.

Some kids get too big for their boots so let's hope for his sake the Johnson family can sort him out

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with the size of his boots. Good strikers are sought after and worth a lot of money. If he’s as good as you think, he’ll be tearing it up soon. 

8 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Colin will be sending scouts across the bridge to watch him now.

Think he was 19 the day before, still very young and learning. Maybe he is realising what he has to give up to be a footballer, no partying etc, birthday or not. Yes the rewards are great for the sacrifice but he’s not seeing them yet is he. 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Think he was 19 the day before, still very young and learning. Maybe he is realising what he has to give up to be a footballer, no partying etc, birthday or not. Yes the rewards are great for the sacrifice but he’s not seeing them yet is he. 

How much do you think he's on £1500 , £2000 a week ? 

Not too shabby for a teenager is it ?

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No indeed. I was going to add in comparison to his peers he certainly wouldn’t be doing bad

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No where near that amount. £2,000 a week is £100,000 a year!

He'd be on £700-800 a week tops.

Still a cracking wage mind. 

20 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I was told by a Cheltenham Town season ticket holder that he has an attitude problem, maybe too big for his boots at such a young age.

Rooney had an attitude problem at Hinds age. I imagine it's fairly commonplace with lads of that age particularly if you have a decent wedge every month from being a professional footballer.

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Our U23 team generally seems to be struggling to deliver on their promise. We seem to have recruited quite a few for the development squad. They've apparently only won 2 out of 18 and are bottom of the league.

I know results aren't everything at that level but it doesn't sound too good.

Are we still playing our 17/18/19 year olds against opposing team’s much older players, but still in the under 23 category? I know we were a couple of years ago and that’s why the results look lopsided. 

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Our U23 team generally seems to be struggling to deliver on their promise. We seem to have recruited quite a few for the development squad. They've apparently only won 2 out of 18 and are bottom of the league.

I know results aren't everything at that level but it doesn't sound too good.

We could almost certainly do better but it wouldn't be better for Taylor Moore, Shawn McCoulsky, Joe Morrell and others to stick around playing U23 football when instead they're getting solid experience of a meaningful battle for 3 points surrounded by players trying to pay their mortgage.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Are we still playing our 17/18/19 year olds against opposing team’s much older players, but still in the under 23 category? I know we were a couple of years ago and that’s why the results look lopsided. 

I'd imagine it must be something akin to this as pretty much a whole u23 team is out on loan,so guessing results aren't seen as being  important. 

Archived