IGNORED

any one wanna make a comment about the bus's on match day

Never to the dark side

boss of first bus on radio bristol from 09:00am tuesday 30 january 2018.

If I had a magic wand

I would like to see double deckers on the number 24 bus route on match days.

I know it would a struggle to get the double deckers under the railway bridge

just after the robins pubs heading for Ashton vale

Can every one please refrain from posting a double decker chocolate bar wrapper.

I think we'd all like that, and it could be done by having extra buses doing Old Market to Luck well Rd following the 24 route. The trouble is what do you do with the buses for the rest of the week. There certainly isn't much spare capacity, with buses sat around on a Tuesday and Saturday when you take in to account some are off the road for breakdowns, waiting parts, periodic safety checks, servicing and Mot preps. And then you have to think about who drives them, as drivers will need something to do for the rest of their week as no private business is going to pay for people to be sat around doing nothing for 4 out of their 5 days at work. The only way I think this would happen was if somebody paid a bus company to operate it, in much the same way that the Park and Ride buses work.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

boss of first bus on radio bristol from 09:00am tuesday 30 january 2018.

If I had a magic wand

I would like to see double deckers on the number 24 bus route on match days.

I know it would a struggle to get the double deckers under the railway bridge

just after the robins pubs heading for Ashton vale

Can every one please refrain from posting a double decker chocolate bar wrapper.

yes best bus service the 24 but could do with the double deckers

Warmley to centre 40 minutes and then 10 minutes from the centre to the ground. I’d rather drive but no hassle at all on the bus! No need to worry about parking and can have a a few drinks :) £4 return is not too bad to part with and there’s so much info on when the buses are arriving at your nearest bus stops so no need to wait on the bus stop 5 minutes in advance of timetable time. Once the metro bus is running from hengrove and temple meads it will help a lot of people out and hopefully fans will use it. 

The blind car preference as exhibited by @Bar BS3 is one reason why the parking issue arose.

By which I mean the parking zone obligation.  One of the points which helped cause this was people blindly using cars to get to AG...the default option.

OTOH, the public transport options are quite woeful in places...

The parking zone trigger IMO off back of 2 cup games as part of the 3 games was a bit of a pisstake though.

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

But what makes me a manual manipulator?! I drive and decide to catch the bus to ease traffic on the road on matchdays. 

It's a joke from a 10 year old sit-com, about moronic pre-adults. In the episode the person saying this gets humiliated and throttled. I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

1 minute ago, Full nelson said:

But what makes me a manual manipulator?! I drive and decide to catch the bus to ease traffic on the road on matchdays. 

I think it’s a joke..! On the odd occasion that I might need to get a bus, it’s not been filled with people tossing themselves off..! 

Well, only the one time, but I was removed and have learned my lesson...! 

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Last two home games I have waited nearly an hour for a 24 after the game. The first little bus is usually full so we just wait. Two double deckers on Ashton Road opposite Al's Tikka Grill going all stops to Old Market would really help

The 24 is a real issue! Obviously I don’t know your circumstances but I would walk to blackmoors lane and get a bus into the centre and get off at the hippodrome (10 minutes) then walk up corn street and past castle park to old market or jump on any bus which goes to old market from the centre. If you have a day pass?! Then you have unlimited journeys :)  Hope this help yourself or someone else reading this. 

Archived