IGNORED

Baker 3 game ban CONFIRMED (Merged)

cidered abroad

6 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

So the guy who rolled around like he been machine-gunned, holding his knee when any impact wasn’t any where near, gets away scott free? 

Shocking double standards by the FA given what happened to Wrighty at Fulham.

Given that NB received a red card when, arguably, if Josh Scowen (the player he tackled, but with whom, as far as I could tell, he did not actually make contact) had simply fallen down rather than appearing to have been shot, he might only have received a yellow card, there might be some case for charging JS with simulation, as was the case with BW at Fulham.

Perhaps this is the reason there appears to be no news on the official site about a possible appeal. 

Has the red card possibly been rescinded? :fingerscrossed:.

He’ll miss Bolton, Sunderland and Leeds. Can see us winning those without Baker so it’s not too damaging! I’d move Smith back to right back and put Wright central with Flint. I don’t think Mags can be trusted, this is a vital part of the season.

Could put Brownhill and Pack in the middle, with Kent and Pato out wide. 

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He’ll miss Bolton, Sunderland and Leeds. Can see us winning those without Baker so it’s not too damaging! I’d move Smith back to right back and put Wright central with Flint. I don’t think Mags can be trusted, this is a vital part of the season.

Could put Brownhill and Pack in the middle, with Kent and Pato out wide. 

Good luck with that accumulator - I can't remember the last time we won at Leeds, never mind without one of our best players! The place is a graveyard for us. 

8 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Smith can not play right back again,end of.

He can, and he can do a very good job there. However, he’s our best midfielder and is such a loss when not there, we’d effectively then be without Baker AND Smith. 

Korey has to stay in the middle. Probably prefer Brownhill at RB and keep Mags out of harms way..!

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Surely we have to appeal? Every pundit I’ve seen has said it’s a yellow? Even Holloway said it was a yellow. Risk the extra game ban imo, I think common sense would prevail and it’d be rescinded. 

I think the fact that Holloway (or any opposition manager) agrees that a Red was harsh, should really stand up for us IF we do appeal it. 

I Don’t think anyone apart from the Ref is sure it warranted a straight Red. 

I suppose, at the end of the day, it all depends on how the Ref describes it in his match report. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the fact that Holloway (or any opposition manager) agrees that a Red was harsh, should really stand up for us IF we do appeal it. 

I Don’t think anyone apart from the Ref is sure it warranted a straight Red. 

I suppose, at the end of the day, it all depends on how the Ref describes it in his match report. 

Because Holloway said yellow, I think it's worth an appeal. I said elsewhere, it shouldn't be considered frivolous when so many managers and pundits said it was harsh, and with the aid of second looks on TV. For this reason it's worth trying, that said I don't think it will be rescinded . 

Brownhill played well at right back in a home game last season, I can't remember who we were against though. But against Barnsley he wasn't good enough and was at fault for their goal. 

Smith has generally been solid there, he'd be my choice over Brownhill. 

I wonder if Joe Bryan could do a job there, he's pretty good with his right foot. Would mean we could keep Smith in midfield & put Magnússon/Kelly in at left back. 

44 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Surely we have to appeal? Every pundit I’ve seen has said it’s a yellow? Even Holloway said it was a yellow. Risk the extra game ban imo, I think common sense would prevail and it’d be rescinded. 

Risk the extra game - at home to Fulham?? I don’t think so - we need our best team available that night.

The vast majority agree it should have been a yellow but many suggest that within the laws it could be deemed as a red.

It will only get overturned on appeal if there was a clear mistake. As there wasn’t a clear mistake then I can’t see it being overturned.  

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For Bolton and Sunderland, I think we would manage with a midfielder at right-back. However I would be concerned if that were the case at Leeds.

I'm not expecting this to happen but I would like us to get another right-back in by tomorrow. 

Maggers in for  Baker, straight swap .

No need to mess the other players about.

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely ******* ridiculous that one of our best players is out for 3 or even 4 games (potentially) for this and Bennet will miss one game for Cardiff for this.

nintchdbpict0003812721422.jpg?strip=all&

When is common sense going to come into refereeing?

The stupid thing is that he is not even getting a one game ban for that.......he is getting the ban for a subsequent yellow card.

Effectively, he got off scot-free for that little "tackle"

Archived