IGNORED

Baker 3 game ban CONFIRMED (Merged)

cidered abroad

Only positive (clutching at straws) is IF there are any niggling/lingering injury issues for Baker, the enforced extra rest/recovery period won't do him any harm at all.

If we can ride out his absence without too much damage to result's, then Bakers return should see him 100% fit, fully healed . and raring to go, at his absolute best for the remains of the season.  It's an enforced luxury of rest that players rarely get before returning to battle after injuries.. 

From my perspective, we let it go.  Baker gets a couple of weeks to recover from his recent "niggles".  We have two games that we should be able to win without him.  Leeds is a pain, but we might be able to pull a win or draw out of the bag there as well.  Then he's ready for Fulham, which is looking increasingly important a fixture.

Edit - I could have waited and just said "What @WhistleHappy says".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Steele - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Wright - - Flint - -  Magnússon- - - - - -

Brownhill - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bryan

- - - - - - - - - - Pack - - - - Smith - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - --  Paterson - - - - - - - - - - - - - Reid - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diedhiou - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Maggers in for  Baker, straight swap .

No need to mess the other players about.

Sorry, I love Mags to bits but he can’t trusted back there. Especially at the heart of the defence. We can’t afford anymore slip ups!

1 minute ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Steele - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Wright - - Flint - -  Magnússon- - - - - -

Brownhill - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bryan

- - - - - - - - - - Pack - - - - Smith - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - --  Paterson - - - - - - - - - - - - - Reid - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diedhiou - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rather have Paterson in behind Reid and Diedhiou tbh

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Hope this is a joke.

Quite. Soon as Mags and Flint were playing CB against Derby, we looked vulnerable at route one and Derby should have had a penalty.

Wright is our captain, it’s a no brainer that he fills in there.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Quite. Soon as Mags and Flint were playing CB against Derby, we looked vulnerable at route one and Derby should have had a penalty.

Wright is our captain, it’s a no brainer that he fills in there.

Yep. Madine and Wilbs will certainly fancy their chances if he is playing CB.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

He can, and he can do a very good job there. However, he’s our best midfielder and is such a loss when not there, we’d effectively then be without Baker AND Smith. 

Korey has to stay in the middle. Probably prefer Brownhill at RB and keep Mags out of harms way..!

We all know he can do a good job there it' his loss in central midfield that' the problem.

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

So the guy who rolled around like he been machine-gunned, holding his knee when any impact wasn’t any where near, gets away scott free? 

Shocking double standards by the FA given what happened to Wrighty at Fulham.

Ever been kicked on the ankle and the force / impact opened up your knee joint?

Not saying that happened to Scowen, but might have!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just been announced that we appealed, lost and therefore 3 game ban

Indeed :( 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/baker-banned-after-fa-reject-appeal/ 

At least they didn't add insult to injury and stick an extra game on for "a frivilous appeal" that suggests they felt there was some doubt in the decision before they reviewed it.

1 minute ago, Lympsham Red said:

Do we bring in a loanee centre-back or right-back on deadline day, since circumstances have now changed? Or do the club stick by their guns?

Play Bailey at CB through the ban and Brownhill at RB against Bolton and Sunderland (Kent on the wing) and then 532 against Leeds with Brownhill at RWB.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Play Bailey at CB through the ban and Brownhill at RB against Bolton and Sunderland (Kent on the wing) and then 532 against Leeds with Brownhill at RWB.

I totally understand this and know that it'll probably be the choice made, but I just don't feel too confident with this situation. Brownhill and Smith are both very, very important to our midfield, and losing them to a position they are unnatural in concerns me. I know there's a lot of Magnússon hate on this forum, but I like the guy; he's determined, hungry, and wants to improve after every mistake - we saw that after his post after Man City. Surely he deserves a shot at playing CB as a replacement for Baker. It's his natural position, he has a point to prove, and he's young and full of potential. Not to mention his lethal long throws. I reckon Maggers deserves a chance. After all, aren't we meant to be all for developing young talent?

I know that Maggers has made mistakes in the past that have made some doubt his ability to play CB in a solid back four. But my gut tells me that playing Maggers in his natural CB position is a much better option than playing a CM/RM at RB. Give the lad a chance.

Archived