IGNORED

Fan's face ban following Man U pitch invasion

Vincent Vega

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Statement to appease the authorities, surely? Can't imagine even Dave "Little Hitler" Storr would be up for this.

Why not?  Would you really be against banning those who instead of celebrating the win, made a bee line for the Manchester fans and started goading them?  They're not going after those that were genuinely celebrating a remarkable win and have only asked those not to repeat it.  If any banning comes from this I defy anyone to argue against it!

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Why not?  Would you really be against banning those who instead of celebrating the win, made a bee line for the Manchester fans and started goading them?  They're not going after those that were genuinely celebrating a remarkable win and have only asked those not to repeat it.  If any banning comes from this I defy anyone to argue against it!

Bans shouldn't be handed out because we think it's morally wrong to run to the away support and give it the big un. IMO. How do you justify that to the police as well? We're banning these for breaking the law and giving a big group of people the finger, we're not banning these for breaking the law and running around over excitedly.

So is the distinction that these people ran up to the Man U fans and shouted profanity at them? I don't think that should be a ban any more than I think I should be banned for standing in the centre circle in disbelief. 

All about opinions I guess, we shall see.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bans shouldn't be handed out because we think it's morally wrong to run to the away support and give it the big un. IMO. How do you justify that to the police as well? We're banning these for breaking the law and giving a big group of people the finger, we're not banning these for breaking the law and running around over excitedly.

So is the distinction that these people ran up to the Man U fans and shouted profanity at them? I don't think that should be a ban any more than I think I should be banned for standing in the centre circle in disbelief. 

All about opinions I guess, we shall see.

Buy that is inciting trouble.  So yes....I do.  They risked public disorder, and as some Manc fans reacted, they got exactly what they incited.  Fully deserved in my opinion. 

If you were in the centre circle doing nothing then no...you're right...you should be fine and rightfully so.  The nature of the win made a pitch invasion inevitable and understandable.  It didn't, however, excuse people acting like arseholes!

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Buy that is inciting trouble.  So yes....I do.  They risked public disorder, and as some Manc fans reacted, they got exactly what they incited.  Fully deserved in my opinion. 

If you were in the centre circle doing nothing then no...you're right...you should be fine and rightfully so.  The nature of the win made a pitch invasion inevitable and understandable.  It didn't, however, excuse people acting like arseholes!

But isn't everything any of us do at football inciting trouble then? We all scream and shout and call people bastards. I'm getting way in over my head here because I don't actually know the laws, but surely me using any sort of profanity, or flicking the v's at any player is also inciting trouble? I don't know, bit of common sense hopefully though, worse things happen at sea. 

The pitch invasion was generally good natured and totally to be expected in the circs. So bans not justified IMO...

...However, facing reality for a second, the flares earlier in season mean that the club surely came under hefty scrutiny from the EFL, the FA- and of course the secretive SAG. 

In short, banning would be wrong but I'm unconvinced the club have much choice. You saw how many stewards and police at the front v Man City, it's clear to me the club under some pressure.

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Ah, you must think Leroy Sane deserves an 8 game ban for "inciting" our fans the other week then.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Carabao Islands.

(No idea if they exist, but then it's a bit of a mystery as what a Carabao actually is).

A place I used to work at, a Filipino told me it was some kind of water buffalo in his country. Made me a tad weary about drinking the stuff.

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

No idea.

I know Pearl's a singer.

There was a spoof single of this called Earl's A Winger,

The second line was ....

He plays football on Saturdays for Tranmere Rovers. 

Can't remember the rest. Anyone else remember the lines?

6 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Ah, you must think Leroy Sane deserves an 8 game ban for "inciting" our fans the other week then.

Completely different situations for one he isn’t breaking the law by being on the field of ay and two he didn’t run the length of the pitch to goad a whole stand 

56 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You can't really compare somebody who was supposed to be on the pitch and responding to goading/abuse with a few total bells.

A key line

“The stewards reacted to the messages from the control room and all was dealt with as appropriate; EFL observers were comfortable on how it was dealt with.

In other words, we did everything right but...

The fact there were EFL observers there- tells a story of us being under some scrutiny because of flares etc.

From where I was stood in the Dolman I could see everything and it was a few young kids obviously over excited! To ban them would be ridiculous! 

I'm not condoning running straight to the away fans but give them a slap on the wrist/warning and be done with it.

Archived