IGNORED

Promised land

BcfcDuncs

If we get to the premier league.  What is the one thing you are looking forward and one thing thats putting you off ? 

For me it will be the buzz around the place , playing United and man city gave us a taste of that. 

And one thing putting me off is not be able to get a ticket most weeks . I'm Not a season ticket holder due to my shift plan and didn't see it worth it at start of season . Doubt i would try for a season ticket next year unless I can get someone to go halves with.

2 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

If we get to the premier league.  What is the one thing you are looking forward and one thing thats putting you off ? 

For me it will be the buzz around the place , playing United and man city gave us a taste of that. 

And one thing putting me off is not be able to get a ticket most weeks . I'm Not a season ticket holder due to my shift plan and didn't see it worth it at start of season . Doubt i would try for a season ticket next year unless I can get someone to go halves with.

Matches being any day of the week. Living away from Bristol would make it more difficult to get to home games, but having said that, I could go to some away days nearer home!

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The likelihood of games being literally on any day of the week. 

Part of me would rather not get promoted TBH. 

I actually agree with you, whether we go up or not this season it's been fantastic, For me the Championship is a great league and the fact we are playing such good football is even better. 

Pros:

Away matches capped at £ 30 (rather then the stupid £37 for Leeds)

Plenty of games on sky home and away.

A much higher quality of football week in week out.

more stadiums to tick off the list :) 

Sell outs every game!

MATCH OF THE DAY :):):):):) 

Cons:

Having fixtures changed for sky (although we get that now anyway)

Higher cost of season tickets and match day tickets.

All the plastics (who are BIG city fans) coming to the games

I would not look forward to us being a struggling team, unable to complete financially with the big players.  I enjoy seeing us winning/.  I don't enjoy seeing us losing.

Cost of season tickets will be astronomical.

Too many games not on a Saturday afternoon.

If I'm honest, it's hard to see that many benefits, except to see all the top players and to be 'up there'.  Frankly, I think I could get used to being a 'nearly' club with a decent cup run every now and then.  Sorry if this is all getting a bit existential, but the goal for me is to be promoted, though I'm not sure that I'm going to like it when we get there.  A tricky one to balance out.

Things I'd look forward to

• New grounds
  • Playing against a few of the biggest teams in the world.

Things I wouldn't enjoy

• Trying to get a ticket for away games
  • Atmospheres you tend to get in the premier league are a lot more watered down, probably because there is a lot of tourists (bigger clubs)
  • Games constantly being moved for TV times. 
  • The probable relegation battles year upon year, trying to scrape 40 points to stay up. 

I'd much rather we won a cup tbh. I'm still gutted we lost last Tuesday. 

I'd be looking forward to the increased profile and being in a position to make exciting signings and for the club to pitch themselves against some of the biggest teams in the country.  

I'd not be looking forward to the fact that, barring a miracle, we'd be one of a number of teams hoping for upper mid-table at best and fearing relegation at worst. Essentially every season would be the fear of relegation or the boredom of mid-table mediocrity, or maybe elements of both. 

I'd also be looking forward to some really exciting away games but frustrated by it being much harder to get a ticket for them....

Honestly, we'd be so up against it, the atmosphere would be phenomenal most games I think. I've made a lot on here about how AG gets going when we're up against it, siege mentality etc. I'd love to see the City in the PL, even if just for a few seasons.

1 hour ago, BcfcDuncs said:

I'm pretty much the same as you in regards to shifts/season ticket.

If we went up i would be excited for the club and my fellow fans and the city as a whole and would look forward to the big guns coming down the gate. 

Putting the city and west country further on the map, Tapping further into the catchment area for fans to support their local premier league club :clapping:

Don't think i would particularly dislike anything in particular, perhaps it harder to get tickets maybe.

4 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Looking forward to: More TV games, Match Of The Day, testing ourselves against the very best.

Not looking forward to: Becoming a club whose main aim each season is to not get relegated and maybe have a cup run.

I know it's wishful thinking and probably a bit arrogant considering we're not even up yet, but why couldn't we become a Southampton?

Archived