IGNORED

De Girolamo - GONE!

Lympsham Red

9 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

His dad is Italian. Great name for someone born in Chesterfield though.

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Italian U21 and a hero at Chesterfield first time around ......(sort of)  and loads of unfulfilled potential that has finally been unfulfilled.

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Played at youth level for Italy and was quite highly rated for a while whilst at Sheffield Utd.

Good knowledge, folks.  Due to lack of time, I have little awareness of our youth / development players, but I had a feeling he was going to be a quality player for City.  Was there a lot of acclaim when he arrived with us?  Always a damn shame when one of our development players fails to make it.  Still, testament to how high we have kicked on as a club. 

There must be a large pool of younger players on our books who will not be good enough for the level we are now climbing to; I wonder if it is possible to push these players to new heights, to match the ongoing rise of the club.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Good knowledge, folks.  Due to lack of time, I have little awareness of our youth / development players, but I had a feeling he was going to be a quality player for City.  Was there a lot of acclaim when he arrived with us? 

Not really, I just got the impression we saw he was out of contract and probably worth taking a look at on a cheap deal. 

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Always a damn shame when one of our development players fails to make it.  Still, testament to how high we have kicked on as a club. 

Yeah not every young player will work out for us, one of the toughest parts of football management telling these young guys they’re no longer required I imagine.

I met him and his girlfriend shortly after they arrived- lovely couple. Also saw one U/23 match at Filton where he was by far the best player on the pitch. I was convinced it would not be long before he made the first team. Since then he seems to have faded into oblivion. Good Luck for the future. 

Archived