IGNORED

Ben Stevenson and Wolves

CiderJar

4 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Wolves have bought one of Coventry City's better players and immediately loaned him to one of their promotion rivals for the rest of the season. How is this allowed? How did Coventry allow it to happen? Seems odd to me.

Monies talk

First time I’ve been minded to use the “confused” reaction thingy-majig. It’s a high honour, @CiderJar.

Odd indeed. One of those where you’d expect them to be loaned back to the selling club, but Wolves seem to have shown how little they rate Coventry... Don’t know much about the team, but I’ve been there a couple of times, and I’d say “fair enough”.

4 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

First time I’ve been minded to use the “confused” reaction thingy-majig. It’s a high honour, @CiderJar.

Odd indeed. One of those where you’d expect them to be loaned back to the selling club, but Wolves seem to have shown how little they rate Coventry... Don’t know much about the team, but I’ve been there a couple of times, and I’d say “fair enough”.

I not sure it's that confusing. I would like to think if we had sold one of our better players to a prem club we would have had a condition they couldn't be loaned back to another champ club this season. and if they were it was us.

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

I not sure it's that confusing. I would like to think if we had sold one of our better players to a prem club we would have had a condition they couldn't be loaned back to another champ club this season. and if they were it was us.

Quite - hence my confusion as to why Coventry didn’t push for such a clause.

Looking at it closer, he only seems to have played 5 games (2 starts) in the league for Coventry anyway, so I guess they wouldn’t be that interested. Very different to us selling Bryan, for instance. Makes a bit more sense now.

I’ll downgrade from “confused” to “mildly surprised on a temporary basis, due to ignorance of situation”. Not sure what the emoji is for that though...

2 hours ago, Redstreet said:

So Bobby Reid worth x 3 times that at least . 

6m for Madine . Ridiculous 

Cash strapped Bolton must think it's still Christmas. No brainer for them but what a turkey Colin is for paying that much for 27 year old striker who hasn't played at the highest level yet. His scoring record is far from impressive too.

5 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

I think Madine is a good buy for Warnock with the style he plays. £6 million is a lot but the market is crazy and we will see if it was worth it and the end of the season. 

Indeed. Let’s see how Diony fairs in comparison

Not sure if this has become the thread to mention our promotion rivals signings, but I see Kasey Palmer who helped Huddersfield to promotion last season and is an England U-21, has gone out on loan from Chelsea to Derby. I don't remember the player to be honest, but as Derby is current team to beat for second place, interested in how much of an impact we should expect from him?

4 hours ago, Redstreet said:

So Bobby Reid worth x 3 times that at least . 

6m for Madine . Ridiculous 

I’d say £6m is the going rate at least for a player who has got into double figures in a struggling team...6 assists too.  His game is not all about goals either.  No idea on Reid’s value, different types of player.

1 hour ago, Assassin Reid said:

Cash strapped Bolton must think it's still Christmas. No brainer for them but what a turkey Colin is for paying that much for 27 year old striker who hasn't played at the highest level yet. His scoring record is far from impressive too.

Aren’t they now on sounder financial footing?  And we know Colin likes to pay over the odds for flawed characters.  He’s a 1 in 4 man, very few maintain anything near 1 in 2 through a career.  Even Jordan Rhodes, who imho, offers nothing more than goals, has dropped below 1 in 2 of late.

1 hour ago, SuperRed said:

I think Madine is a good buy for Warnock with the style he plays. £6 million is a lot but the market is crazy and we will see if it was worth it and the end of the season. 

I agree, he’s bought to match the way they play....high energy, direct(ish) football.  Madine is a very good ‘back to goal’ striker at this level.  The ball sticks when it gets played into him.  The few recent TV games that gave had Cardiff on, have shown that maybe Zahore hasn’t come back from his injury in the form he was in pre-injury.  His first 4 games back co-included with those 4 straight losses (thank god).  Cardiff have some good side forwards in Mendez-Laing, Hoilet, Wildschut and Pilkington (more Central these days), and I wonder if Warnock is gonna start throwing balls into the box from wide to recapture their form.

i think most of of are relieved that Madine isn’t playing for Bolton tomorrow night, especially with Baker out.  Might help LJ decide whether Magnússon comes in or Wright plays CB.

Agreed with @Davefevs about Madine.

Often overlooked with strikers, assists are just as good as goals. He may not have the goals but when you factor in the assists...that suggests a certain creative ability too even if not the most prolific.

Another area in which Madine is strong...key passed. They are a very useful metric/indicator.

3 hours ago, Assassin Reid said:

Do you really think Colin gives two hoots how much a player costs ? 

All he cares about is results , it's the suits who say ' yeh ' or ' nay '.

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Do you really think Colin gives two hoofs how much a player costs ? 

All he cares about is results , it's the suits who say ' yeh ' or ' nay '.

Honestly read it like this , quite appropriate :laughcont:

Archived