IGNORED

5 stars to the club.... fantastic transfer window!

the frampton balti

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, part of this great window might be down to the fact we received no offers.

I suspect that this is true. But I also suspect that a reason for that is because any club with an interest in any of our players would have made discreet enquiries and baulked at the asking price. At this moment in time I think the amount of money we would be prepared to accept for our key players is higher than the amount other clubs would be prepared to pay for them, and the club obviously believe those players buy into what we do and will not try to force a move. That is a real position of strength to be in. 

I wish we had brought a right back in but otherwise a very good window. 

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I suspect that this is true. But I also suspect that a reason for that is because any club with an interest in any of our players would have made discreet enquiries and baulked at the asking price. At this moment in time I think the amount of money we would be prepared to accept for our key players is higher than the amount other clubs would be prepared to pay for them, and the club obviously believe those players buy into what we do and will not try to force a move. That is a real position of strength to be in. 

I believe this was the case as well, u highly doubt a club that performed near miracles in the carabao Cup and are flying high in the championship didn't receive at least an enquiry about one of our players. 

Overall I'm happy with the window, potentially yes we could have brought in a right back but Kent, Walsh and Diony are all (hopefully) fantastic signings and will help us build to stay in the race for automatic promotion 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

My thoughts too, we’ve priced them at a point where Prem Clubs aren’t gonna wanna spend that on Championship players, especially those with no top flight experience.

£6m (accuracy?) from Brighton is probably a sensible starting bid in all reality, but I suspect we wouldn’t have even started serious discussions until a £10m Offer was tabled.  Even then we would have played hard ball.  I suspect it’s an easier decision to go back to Flint and say "Brighton have come in for you, it’s well below our valuation, we are going to turn it down, but wanted to let you know" than had Man Utd (very unlikely) offered £10m.  

Ashton had said that he’d spoken to several players and their representatives to position the club’s stance this window.  Proactive / professional approach by the club.

If this group gets us up, it will be a fantastic window,, if we fall short, we will look back at this window as a point where we could have set ourselves up. If diony hits the ground running, scoring goals, the gamble on bringing him in will have paid off, if he doesnt, then the small nippy goal scoring  striker i think we could use in our squad that we could have looked for instead might mean the difference between going up or not.

if we spent 1m on welsh, plus loan fees for diony and kent, i would think thst with our attendances, and the cup run, there would have been funds available to invest more heavily than what we did? It also seems to me that while 2 players left, there are several others like hegeler, oneill, taylor, garita, engvall, woodrow that ideally would have been/ will be moved on as soon as possible to clear some of the dead wood.

6 minutes ago, simon uk said:

If this group gets us up, it will be a fantastic window,, if we fall short, we will look back at this window as a point where we could have set ourselves up. If diony hits the ground running, scoring goals, the gamble on bringing him in will have paid off, if he doesnt, then the small nippy goal scoring  striker i think we could use in our squad that we could have looked for instead might mean the difference between going up or not.

if we spent 1m on welsh, plus loan fees for diony and kent, i would think thst with our attendances, and the cup run, there would have been funds available to invest more heavily than what we did? It also seems to me that while 2 players left, there are several others like hegeler, oneill, taylor, garita, engvall, woodrow that ideally would have been/ will be moved on as soon as possible to clear some of the dead wood.

From what Lee was saying after QPR, I think he sees Diony as a nippy goal scoring  striker and certainly not as a target man.

58 minutes ago, simon uk said:

4 of those will be gone in the summer I reckon.

Woodrow is a loan anyway.

O'Neil is OOC. Doubtful he'll get anything else unless he does a year as player/coach.

Engvall will be paid up if not OOC. 

Taylor I can see being bid for by a lower Champ/high L1 side. Reckon he'll be sold or go on loan.

Arnie still has years in him and Hegeler will be kept as a bench warmer.

Archived