IGNORED

resident parking to include saturdays.

markyou

Doesn't affect me personally- I don't drive to AG as I walk half hour or so each way on matchday- about an hr round trip or so most games.  So I'm lucky enough I guess not to need to drive to AG.

In terms of this...it's not too surprising to me, as the club and the council are disputing the parking zone issue...club say under 25,000 for Wolves so it doesn't trigger the issue, so the council are pushing it forward off their own back.

It's only once a week, well less than in fact- they should suck it up as the necessary price of being near a football ground.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do people think parking is easy to come by at PL grounds or other grounds? Pretty sure it isn't..

Agree. But there needs to be an alternative solution, ie rail, bus, park&ride services, nearby affordable car parks. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Agree. But there needs to be an alternative solution, ie rail, bus, park&ride services, nearby affordable car parks. 

I fully agree with that.

The council have to provide viable Plan B otherwise people will drive- because they have to.

As it is, the football brings good business to areas and people may get there earlier/later so the local residents as it stands should suck it up given it's under once a week each year.

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Allow football stadium thats been there for 100+ years to expand to 27,000. Then prevent any local parking on matchdays without lining up an alternative. Bristol in a nutshell. 1 step forwards several steps back.

Whilst having a council owned 2000 space cark park half a mile down the road which is barely used, unavailable to football fans

From the point of view of the residents, they're already paying a stealth tax on parking so it must be a bit annoying to pay up for 9-5 Friday when you're mostly at work and get no benefit on the weekend, irrespective of football/rugby crowds. It doesn't help that since parking bays have been marked out there are actually fewer because perfectly safe spaces were suddenly deemed to be unsafe.

As others have said, the problem isn't necessarily giving the residents priority, it's providing no alternative for people who currently have no choice but to drive. Opening the P&R would be a start.

Trouble is with public transport compared to driving is that it’s relatively expensive ( as well as being late, crammed, unreliable and dirty). It’s two buses for me to get to AG, a £2 fare for each leg, so add £8 onto the price of my match ticket. Yes a day ticket is £4.50 so that’s a little saving. But as 3 or 4 of us travel to games that still could be as much as £32 on the bus or £18 if we buy a day ticket. You could dive for miles for £18, not only one match. When we have Saturday Tuesday matches it’s looks even more expensive. Even the A Bus charged £2 a journey when I went on it a couple of months back.

Its a 3 mile walk for me, takes exactly an hour, so 6 miles there and back. I know as I walked it the other day. I have also walked from the centre too recently, so I have done it but am not prepared to do it each and every match, especially when I’ve been on my feet all day. There needs to be an alternative, but it certainly has to be cheap and reliable to make people like me change.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Trouble is with public transport compared to driving is that it’s relatively expensive ( as well as being late, crammed, unreliable and dirty). It’s two buses for me to get to AG, a £2 fare for each leg, so add £8 onto the price of my match ticket. Yes a day ticket is £4.50 so that’s a little saving. But as 3 or 4 of us travel to games that still could be as much as £32 on the bus or £18 if we buy a day ticket. You could dive for miles for £18, not only one match. When we have Saturday Tuesday matches it’s looks even more expensive. Even the A Bus charged £2 a journey when I went on it a couple of months back.

Its a 3 mile walk for me, takes exactly an hour, so 6 miles there and back. I know as I walked it the other day. I have also walked from the centre too recently, so I have done it but am not prepared to do it each and every match, especially when I’ve been on my feet all day. There needs to be an alternative, but it certainly has to be cheap and reliable to make people like me change.

If there's 3/4 of you a taxi could  possibly be easier and cheaper for you.   

Can see both sides to be honest, pretty sure if we didn’t have our football fan heads on then we’d be sympathetic to residents. 

But as said there needs to be viable alternatives, and with the state of Bristol public transport it makes it very difficult for a large number of people to not drive. 

Council wise Bristol has always been a place where if people are having to much fun - **** it up some way, if an attraction is becoming to popular and a lot of people are enjoying themselves - **** it up and of course if that fails then **** up plans for anything that might benefit Bristol that is in the planning stage and of course to ensure this state of affairs continues elect another even more useless mayor than the last guy.

But hey we have the dream of an underground system to look forward to and to take people to all of Bristol's major attractions where big crowds gather and cause traffic/parking problems (obviously) mainly in the South Bristol area.

Archived