IGNORED

Now TV / Sky Passes

Kid in the Riot

2 hours ago, bristoldan19 said:

I got a now tv pass before the sheff utd game and I'm pleased I did, we've been on sky lots of times, definitely worth it, I have a monthly pass but there are options for day and week 

cancel it before it ends (you will still get the full month) they should make you 2 offers to stay; take the 2nd one it should be; £20 per month for 3 months; that's a fiver a week for loads of live games.

3 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

cancel it before it ends (you will still get the full month) they should make you 2 offers to stay; take the 2nd one it should be; £20 per month for 3 months; that's a fiver a week for loads of live games.

I cancelled a month pass a few weeks ago. No offer/enticement to stay. 

9 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I cancelled a month pass a few weeks ago. No offer/enticement to stay. 

I think the offers are personalised and based on length of time you've had the package. I'm in a recurring cycle with Now TV offers at the moment. I have Sports, Entertainment and Movies and cancel them every 3 months to get a better deal for the next few months. Each package ends up being between 50% - 80% off the start price. At the moment, the 3 packages together are coming in at about £20 when the start price for all 3 is just over £50.

Wouldn't be surprised if you'd need to have paid a certain number of months at full price before offers are granted  - I did so for a quite a while before I realised.

5 minutes ago, MC26 said:

I think the offers are personalised and based on length of time you've had the package. I'm in a recurring cycle with Now TV offers at the moment. I have Sports, Entertainment and Movies and cancel them every 3 months to get a better deal for the next few months. Each package ends up being between 50% - 80% off the start price. At the moment, the 3 packages together are coming in at about £20 when the start price for all 3 is just over £50.

Wouldn't be surprised if you'd need to have paid a certain number of months at full price before offers are granted  - I did so for a quite a while before I realised.

I paid for just one month of Sky Sports with a 50% discount, with nothing previously, then went to cancel, and was offered 3 months at £20 each - which I went for.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I paid for just one month of Sky Sports with a 50% discount, with nothing previously, then went to cancel, and was offered 3 months at £20 each - which I went for.

Result!

I probably could have done the same after a month then rather than paying full price for a year or so. It was only when money got a bit tight I went to cancel and found out how much less I could have been paying. :grr:

11 minutes ago, MC26 said:

I worked on a Customer Retention system for Vodafone, what you get offered is mainly dependent on what you've spent with them, customers usually get offered a few small freebies (headphones, usb stick etc...) dependant on your tone and answers to stay before the "final one", this is the point where you'll literally not worth keeping - I guess Sky etc... work in exactly the same way

Mrs Mad Cyril has banned me buying any more Now Tv passes.

It was after a glitch in the software last time round. That is the only explanation for the 12 subscriptions she found to various chud TV and grumble flick movie channels on my sky box.

Be careful fellow reds, the technology is clearly unreliable.

21 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know there's been a couple of threads on this already but with a couple of game coming up that I can't attend what are my best/cheapest options for watching Bolton tomorrow night and Leeds on the 18th (along with Bristol rugby on the 10th)?

Thanks, in advance.

Is the Leeds game on TV too?

Archived