IGNORED

Marlons welcome for Lois

Vincent Vega

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

I remember how the great bants killed Jason Lee's career. How it affected him massively. 

Bad enough when opposition fans are doing it worse still when your own fans do it.

Here we go . Just a bit of fun. Maybe you should get in contact with Marlon pack . He’s taking to far . Get a ******* grip 

10 minutes ago, TRL said:

I remember how the great bants killed Jason Lee's career. How it affected him massively. 

Bad enough when opposition fans are doing it worse still when your own fans do it.

I understood the general feeling was to embrace the pineapple thing and make it a positive before any opposition fans can make it a negative.

To be fair to the Gas we taunted them with that name as an insult, smelly old gasworks, but they have turned it round and love it. It’s their brand name now.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Exactly . Other people getting offended on the behalf of others. No more banter please. Upsets the snowflakes 

Nothing to worry about - Marlon, like Korey, is a good guy. He’d only be messing around about this if he knew it was good natured and Lois didn’t care.

If Tomlin was still here and doing it then different story..

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

Not belittling what may have really effected Lee but what I don’t get is. 

1) He was in the public eye, playing a high profile sport.

2) he gets a statement haircut that is bound to get attention and probably done for that reason 

3). A pair of clippers would have nipped that song in the bud.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nothing to worry about - Marlon, like Korey, is a good guy. He’d only be messing around about this if he knew it was good natured and Lois didn’t care.

If Tomlin was still here and doing it then different story..

Thing is PF . It upsets other people who have nothing to do with it . Frustrating. Anyway I hope pineapple head scores a hat trick tomorrow.  Also if he’s ginger it’s open range 

Pack looks like hes using just for men on his wig mind but who cares.if you have ever been in a footi team this goes on all the time its good the lads all rip into each other .thats the bit you miss the most when you to old to continue.the sociable side .so cheer up old farts go wash the kia

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I understood the general feeling was to embrace the pineapple thing and make it a positive before any opposition fans can make it a negative.

To be fair to the Gas we taunted them with that name as an insult, smelly old gasworks, but they have turned it round and love it. It’s their brand name now.

I have never ever called them the Gas....I got a few other names for them like "The Scum" or "Ground stealing horse punching mother ******* asswipes" but not "The Gas"

1 hour ago, TRL said:

Probably stating the obvious here, but opposition fans in that particular case were being nasty and trying to needle him, and that clearly isn't going to be the case here. In fact, if Diony gets used to it being a bit of friendly fun, it won't half spoil efforts of future opposition fans this season.

I actually remember Jason Lee playing at AG for Southend in my first or second season watching City - he was quite a handful but never thought he'd play top flight. I've no doubt the song did affect him, but a bigger issue was probably that he wasn't good enough for the level he reached.  

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Not belittling what may have really effected Lee but what I don’t get is. 

1) He was in the public eye, playing a high profile sport.

2) he gets a statement haircut that is bound to get attention and probably done for that reason 

3). A pair of clippers would have nipped that song in the bud.

Pretty sure that is what he did.

Jason Lee did not have the pineapple for the latter years of his playing time.

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Pretty sure that is what he did.

Jason Lee did not have the pineapple for the latter years of his playing time.

Eventually, surely if it upset him that much shave it before it becomes an issue.if he did as soon as he heard it, gone and forgotten. 

2 hours ago, TRL said:

Forest fans sang it about him, it's a sign of endearment, get in there before the away fans do!!

1 hour ago, kevthered said:

I have never ever called them the Gas....I got a few other names for them like "The Scum" or "Ground stealing horse punching mother ******* asswipes" but not "The Gas"

Now that they officially refer to themselves as this - as do local media such as radio and paper - we should not be calling them this ourselves. There have been attempts to move away from this, as far back as the late 80s we were calling them The Blue Few and Sags. Gash is good/funny, but a tricky one for left-leaning, woolly liberal do-gooder guardian reading salad munching sandal wearing beardie hipster post-Weinstein/pro feminism right-on City ciderheads. Pity. 

The Few works for me.

Archived