IGNORED

Bolton Forum

Kingswoodactor

Majority seem quite confident about tomorrow night, some a little cocky in fact! 

This one made me smile...

"They're not having a good run at the minute - that defeat to Wolves seemed to take the momentum out of them, been shit since then bar the cup efforts.

Fans I know are getting twitchy as they think they'll blow it again.

Tight game but I think we'll win".

Really hope we do em tomorrow night :fingerscrossed:

They’ve just sold their top scorer and we’ve bounced back from nearly getting a draw in 90 mins against Man City by winning with ten-men against a team Bolton failed to beat with 11 at home previously.

I’m never one to be too confident, but I’d say we’ll be pushing for a victory.

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

They’ve just sold their top scorer and we’ve bounced back from nearly getting a draw in 90 mins against Man City by winning with ten-men against a team Bolton failed to beat with 11 at home previously.

I’m never one to be too confident, but I’d say we’ll be pushing for a victory.

....and signed a player purchased for €9M in the summer. I'd say we're looking pretty damn good TBH. 

As for that quote by the Bolton fan, I would suggest he doesn't actually know a single City fan judging by that drivel! 

They're not  the same piss poor outfit they were when we turned them over at AG without getting out of second gear earlier this season but they've lost leading scorer Madine so that'll be a miss.

On paper we should beat them especially with Famara back and getting sharper every game.

7 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

The irony of the opening sentence. You could accuse the same of some fellow City fans I've spoke to today who think a win for us tomorrow night is a given and may as well give us the 3 points now. 

Think it'll be trickier than expected.

Completely agree, I’ve no doubt that it will be a difficult game, and we’ll have to fight tooth & nail to get the 3 points up there. 

I just found their general tone to be a bit off, and they appear to have very little knowledge about our side and how well we can play. Always up for surprising people with our current team!

Surprised no one mentioned the fact that we pretty much cruised to a 2-0 win against a team higher in the league than them with 10 men. Should be a good, competitive game up there, always is against them to be fair! 

Interesting stats http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42827859

Match facts

• Bolton have not lost at home to Bristol City since August 1994, winning three and drawing one since in all competitions.
  • Bristol City have won their last two Championship meetings with Bolton by an aggregate score of 8-0.
  • Phil Parkinson's last home league meeting against Bristol City was in April 2015 as Bradford manager - the Bantams lost 6-0 in League One, Parkinson's heaviest ever defeat as a manager.
  • Bristol City have not failed to score in three consecutive away Championship games since January 2016 (a run of four).
  • After losing each of their first five home league game this season, Bolton have lost just one of their next nine (W5 D3).
  • The Robins have scored the most goals via Englishmen in the Championship this season (34).

11 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Majority seem quite confident about tomorrow night, some a little cocky in fact! 

This one made me smile...

"They're not having a good run at the minute - that defeat to Wolves seemed to take the momentum out of them, been shit since then bar the cup efforts.

Fans I know are getting twitchy as they think they'll blow it again.

Tight game but I think we'll win".

Really hope we do em tomorrow night :fingerscrossed:

If only they did a bit more homework. We got dicked by Villa because the same players were totally exhausted physically and mentally after playing so many games, we couldn't change the team because of all the injury's!. The cup games also took it out of us against Norwich, and we played the kids against Watford in the cup. Now we have strengthened the squad with Walsh, Kent and Diony and have Fammy back, and have just completely outplayed QPR with 10 men, but Bolton will win because we're shit, ok then :laugh:

10 hours ago, nickolas said:

0-3. About time we battered someone. Nice and comfortable, same result next weekend against Sunderland. 

Then the tough bit Leeds, Crapdiff and Fulham. 

Lets hope the players don't underestimate Bolton and Sunderland.....

They’re rather confident for a side we’ve put 8 past without reply in the last two games :laugh: 

Really hard game to call. They’re in good form at home but the loss of Madine is big for them. 

The sort of game where we could as easily draw 0-0 as win by 3 or 4, but isn’t that just the championship all over. I feel the early part of the game will be crucial. Start on the front foot and score early and we could have a lot of fun, but if we allow them to dictate the tempo it could be frustrating. 

Get at them from the off :bruce_h4h:

Am hoping and am fairly confident that we will stick to our tried-and-trusted approach rather than worry too much about what side they put out. With all their transfer dealings, they could field any number of permutations. I am confident that we will come away with something. Fingers crossed that it's three points - these are the sort of games we should be winning if we harbour ambitions of a top-two finish. 

In a direct man to man comparison we’re the better side. Their new guys will have 2 training sessions at most.

We’re also very good away from home and Bolton trying to take the game to us (rather than playing for a draw in an away game) will suit us.

We’ve also had almost a week’s rest again which is very important. Diony has had a full week with us now and Diedhiou has another week’s training under his belt.

I think we will win tonight, good feeling about it like I had before QPR. I think it might be a very dominant performance a bit like that win vs Peterborough on Sky under Cotterill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30140255

13 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Dont think theres any chance of that with this group. 

Totally agree. They are a very grounded bunch. Remember speaking to a few players like Joe before the Man Utd game, when it was Forest first up on the Saturday.  They were totally focused on Forest, nothing else. 

Will be a tough game tonight, but need a commanding performance to show the other promo hopefuls that we aren’t here to make up the numbers. 

Archived