IGNORED

Bolton Forum

Kingswoodactor

I do not think tonight will be an easy game but it is games like this we have to win given how tight it is from 2nd to 11th. Win tonight and we are level on points with second, eight clear of seventh. Lose and we could find ourselves down to sixth, 6 points adrift of second and with five of the chasing pack within 5 points of us. 

I'm confident and think we will do it but it is vital that we do indeed do so. 

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

No game are easy in this league but if we are to nick 2nd place then we must win tonight. Cant believe any City fan will be happy with anything less than 3 points. 

Spot on Oldland, tough game admittedly but these are the games a side chasing promotion go and win. I don't think it will be a hammering but I see absolutely no reason why we can't bring the 3 points home. Bakes apart, we're looking strong, are well rested (haven't said that in a while), looked very good with 10 men against QPR and have new faces to call upon including the return of Fammy.

1-2 Fammy and Lois, might even be 3 (Bobby).

COYR

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In a direct man to man comparison we’re the better side. Their new guys will have 2 training sessions at most.

We’re also very good away from home and Bolton trying to take the game to us (rather than playing for a draw in an away game) will suit us.

We’ve also had almost a week’s rest again which is very important. Diony has had a full week with us now and Diedhiou has another week’s training under his belt.

I think we will win tonight, good feeling about it like I had before QPR. I think it might be a very dominant performance a bit like that win vs Peterborough on Sky under Cotterill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30140255

I hope you're right! Whatever happened to Craig Mackail-Smith!?

Not fair on Maggs.  I do like him, but he needs that little extra that comes with experience.  He's a decent CB but doesnt seem suitable LB except for emergencies.

Maggs also needs to learn when to put his boot through the ball rather than dribble out of trouble, but he is improving bit by bit. He's made some mistakes, but he is learning from them.

I also love those long throws and Icelandic chants.  They really get me going. I still think he could get them into the box from the half way line :)

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

I hope you're right! Whatever happened to Craig Mackail-Smith!?

I just have a very good feeling about us at the moment. I feel like Diedhiou coming back will make us more threatening because we did look a bit blunt at times when he wasn’t available.

I think having almost week long rests will do us lots of good, we didn’t have them for a few weeks during December and it’s no wonder our form dipped. One could argue mental exertion took its toll too - look at the Wolves game, maybe our players involved in the opposition goals make different decisions when fresh.

This game is very soon for Bolton given all their new arrivals. It’s unsettling and takes time to get them to gel.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not fair on Maggs.  I do like him, but he needs that little extra that comes with experience.  He's a decent CB but doesnt seem suitable LB except for emergencies.

Maggs also needs to learn when to put his boot through the ball rather than dribble out of trouble, but he is improving bit by bit. He's made some mistakes, but he is learning from them.

I also love those long throws and Icelandic chants.  They really get me going. I still think he could get them into the box from the half way line :)

Agreed, I have not been his biggest fan, but I watched all of the Man city game again last night and up to his brain fart, he had a very good game. What really annoyed me with the mistake, was that he did the same against Derby and did not learn, that worries me more.

18 hours ago, nickolas said:

0-3. About time we battered someone. Nice and comfortable, same result next weekend against Sunderland. 

Then the tough bit Leeds, Crapdiff and Fulham. 

10 hours ago, WestMidsRed said:

3-0 City win. We're too good imho to settle for a draw so a win it is. All goals in the second half.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Smidge confident aren't they? 3-0 the City. 

Consensus says a 3-0 victory?  Goals by Glyn Riley and Howard Pritchard by any chance?

7 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

No game are easy in this league but if we are to nick 2nd place then we must win tonight. Cant believe any City fan will be happy with anything less than 3 points. 

Have to agree with this. I’m normally of the opinion that a draw away from home is a good result, but if we are serious about promotion these are exactly the sort of games we need to win.

Started to be that time of the season where even draws feel like you are not keeping pace at the top. They have been decent enough over the last dozen games. Expect it to be tough, thin margins and all that, but if we play well I expect us to nick it by a goal.

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Have to agree with this. I’m normally of the opinion that a draw away from home is a good result, but if we are serious about promotion these are exactly the sort of games we need to win.

Agreed. Got to be looking to take all 3 tonight if we want second.

They have had one or two half decent results and if Nadine was playing I would have been concerned especially if he played up against Mags but as this won't now be the case and they are likely to change their style I think it may suit our style. With new faces in their team not having too great an understanding yet then it could be a good time to play them.

If we have a good go at them and get an early goal then it could be a good evening but never under estimate a team scrapping for their lives like we did last season. Anyone can beat anyone in this league!

21 hours ago, samo II said:

They’ve just sold their top scorer and we’ve bounced back from nearly getting a draw in 90 mins against Man City by winning with ten-men against a team Bolton failed to beat with 11 at home previously.

I’m never one to be too confident, but I’d say we’ll be pushing for a victory.

They havent won a match where Madine wasnt playing.

And now he isnt their player they're cocky about a match against a team who have been in the playoffs 80% of the season.

Bit dim aren't they?

Archived