IGNORED

Talksport Drive this eve....

BanburyRed

...anyone else hear the Luton fan who rang in, discussion about England centre halves or defensive pairings for World Cup, Jones and Cahill getting slaughtered for recent poor performances, conversation went onto Stones, Maguire etc plus the two for Burnley (Mee & Tarkowski..), this caller rings in to recommend....

....Aden Flint! Mentioning that against the Premier League sides we had faced in the Carabao Cup he had most centre forwards in his pocket!

Made i chuckle!! :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

...anyone else hear the Luton fan who rang in, discussion about England centre halves or defensive pairings for World Cup, Jones and Cahill getting slaughtered for recent poor performances, conversation went onto Stones, Maguire etc plus the two for Burnley (Mee & Tarkowski..), this caller rings in to recommend....

....Aden Flint! Mentioning that against the Premier League sides we had faced in the Carabao Cup he had most centre forwards in his pocket!

Made i chuckle!! :thumbsup:

I did hear the start of that conversation on my drive home from work & I did wonder if anyone would mention Flint, as there were a couple in the Championship mentioned. Did also think about Bryan, although I think it was a centre half problem they were referring to. COYR 

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

In all sincerity Flint and Bryan would not be bad shouts for an England call up...at least they'd make an effort...and I'd be far more confident in Aden than the rather feeble John Stones, an perpetual accident waiting to happen...

Awful shouts in fairness.

I'd have Flint over Jones anyday, he seems unable to distinguish between his left and right foot (OG vs Spurs last night) and Flinty is like teak, he rarely gets bullied or injured. Jones must have a 'reserved' sign in the physio room at Manure.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Awful shouts in fairness.

compared to who though? Danny Rose? Stones? I was delighted we were up against him...hopeless...weak...

I'm joshing to an extent but I'd rather England looked widely, tournaments are about character as much as promise...which is why Wales and Iceland did so well at the Euros with players no better than Bryan and Flint.

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I'd have Flint over Jones anyday, he seems unable to distinguish between his left and right foot (OG vs Spurs last night) and Flinty is like teak, he rarely gets bullied or injured. Jones must have a 'reserved' sign in the physio room at Manure.

And as for Phil Jones...jeez...looks as if he's about to burst into tears most of the time...should be nowhere near an international side.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

compared to who though? Danny Rose? Stones? I was delighted we were up against him...hopeless...weak...

I'm joshing to an extent but I'd rather England looked widely, tournaments are about character as much as promise...which is why Wales and Iceland did so well at the Euros with players no better than Bryan and Flint.

Stones does make a few mistakes but all defenders do. If he was that bad sure Pep would have shown him the door by now. 

8 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Slight overaction to a bad game! Flint has had bad games at a lower level.

Archived