IGNORED

The official Bolton Wanderers FC v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Unan

We can’t afford to miss Korey from CM and imo can afford to put brownhill there. 

We played that in there hands. They sat off us waiting for the long ball/cross into the box where they had 8 men to clear it and any rebounds. We needed to run at the defence more as that’s where they were weak and conceding fouls 

Absolutely dire, how the hell can you make the most below average player in Ameobi look half decent?! Couldn’t string together more than 5/6 passes at a time without losing it. Every single cross was wasted bar one Diedhiou header which didn’t really trouble the keeper anyway! If we ever entertain the thought of playing like that again this season we’ll be lucky to be in contention for the play offs come the end of the season. Really hurt watching us play like that.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I seriously couldn’t see that, constantly giving the ball away, running down dead ends, not playing it easy when it was on. 

I guess we all see things differently though.

Thought Kent played the wrong ball every time always behind the player, very surprised he played 90 mins.

14 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

The issue I have had with city for years, years and years when teams attack us we back off for 30 yards; even if bryan couldn't/didn't want to make the challenge there is two (maybe 3?) backing off someone just clatter him. 

30 yards. Lot more than that. Probably from the half way line. At the start of Sky the commentator mentioned City had done their homework about letting the scorer get onto his left foot. Bryan was a prat with a weak tackle and Smith kept backing off. “Have a shot mate if you think your good enough”. That performance was shocking. We had 63% possession for f sake. Grrr!

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

slight exaggeration but lots o shirt pulling that the ref was never going to give for us. They were physical and the Ref clueless, not a great combination. 

People looking for excuses. We were poor outplayed and outfought tonight.

I don't understand LJ's though process tonight. Vs QPR he played Korey at right back  and realised it wasn't working so changed, yet started the same tonight. He may not trust Mags completely, but Korey is a bigger miss from MF than Mags is a liability in defence.

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Our passing was awful, we’re a team that when unable to keep the ball it ain’t gonna happen.

Dont get me started on Flint constantly banging 50 yard balls down the right wing, 2hat was all that about.

So frustrating because we all know were a lot better than that.

And endless headers to no one for mid pitch volley ball shite - the sort you see in league 1 

Just now, Jersey Bristolian said:

Thought Kent played the wrong ball every time always behind the player, very surprised he played 90 mins.

I agree. It seems his heart was in it a lot of endeavour and effort but his final ball left a lot to be desired, early days on Kent but that performance wasn't particularly impressive in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Yep. And defended well and capitalised on our mistakes. Of course they weren’t going to ‘out football’ us. They executed their plan perfectly, that’s a good performance even if it’s not great football. 

You are questioning the city players attitude when you say the Bolton players wanted it more and I’m not having that, I agree with rest but that’s football 

Transfer window needed for us to pick up a right back on loan, we need Smith & Brownhill in the middlE of the park, tonight we needed 3 points against one of the worst teams in the league.

I can honestly say the midfield that started the game tonight was culpable for the worst midfield display of the season, smith HAS to start in midfield.

Let's hope the wheels aren't starting to fall off & that was just a bad day across the park!

- We're shit against teams that sit back and try and break/nick one

- STILL a side that can't put a good ball in to the box - must be so frustrating for Flint and Diedhiou

- Smith wasted at RB

- Paterson bang out of form, Eliasson would do a better job based on tonight

- Pack shocker

- Bryan piss weak in the tackle after getting booked for no reason early on. WHY.

+ Kent had a good first half

+ Reasonable away following all things considered

+ Not a best XI tonight, Pisano, Baker, Fielding all key players and all missed.

We go again.

Reality check indeed. Our league form in recent weeks (bar the QPR game) has been poor and we are slowly dropping out of the playoffs whilst other teams around us are finding form. We look a shadow of how good we've played earlier in the season.

Whether it's the injuries, the additional bloody cup games or the media overhype, we've definitely lost our way at the moment. 

Johnson's definitely the man to turn this around but it needs sorting fast otherwise what looked so promising will be wasted.

Or maybe it's just me and it's been one of those shite weeks culminating in tonights result.

Just, so disjointed. I can't believe that loosing baker can make so much of a difference, so why did the team play like they didn't know each other. I was worried at the beginning that they may be complacent, but so so disappointing. This is not top 2 form, this is fighting for top 6, just. Big improvement needed. I thought that the players were reactive not proactive as well. Disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

looking at the positives... there are times when a side needs  a kick in the cods....tonight City go home after a kick in the cods. They wont underestimate another team for the rest of the season

Dont know why anyone would underestimate anyway in the Championship anyway. All you hear all night on here is 'we should have comfortably beaten these' and before the game ' i can see us really turning these over'. FFS when will people learn, have we not been in this league for enough years to realise every game is tough at this level and the ones at the bottom want the points just as much as the ones at the top. ******* naive people that follow this club, fickle naive *****!

Archived