IGNORED

The official Bolton Wanderers FC v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Unan

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Dont know why anyone would underestimate anyway in the Championship anyway. All you hear all night on here is 'we should have comfortably beaten these' and before the game ' i can see us really turning these over'. FFS when will people learn, have we not been in this league for enough years to realise every game is tough in this league and the ones at the bottom want the points just as much as the ones at the top. ******* naive people that follow this club, fickle naive *****!

Every club is the same.

We should have had at least 2 pens the ref was a feckin joker, we did OK though, Smith missing from the centre, missing Baker, Missing O'dowda, Pisano. and players will have off games,  bedding in Kent, Diony and getting Fam back to 100%....  is tough work, and after such a massive last month. I sound like im making excuses for them, but lady lucky did a runner from us tonight the bit&ch

We've had our cup fun and we've had our blip aye, the players all still look hungry , we deserved somthing from that game, but no point in debating it, players need to work some some attacking moves, we can pass and defend, and now we have strikers.

Bolton will stay up, looked a good side,  gutted  their turn around started with us, we just have to move on. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't understand LJ's though process tonight. Vs QPR he played Korey at right back  and realised it wasn't working so changed, yet started the same tonight. He may not trust Mags completely, but Korey is a bigger miss from MF than Mags is a liability in defence.

I think he hoped to get away with it against Bolton, who are fighting relegation.

I agree with you though. 

Lee needs to learn that Korey should not be taken out of midfield and flint is not a centre forward.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Dont know why anyone would underestimate anyway in the Championship anyway. All you hear all night on here is 'we should have comfortably beaten these' and before the game ' i can see us really turning these over'. FFS when will people learn, have we not been in this league for enough years to realise every game is tough in this league and the ones at the bottom want the points just as much as the ones at the top. ******* naive people that follow this club, fickle naive *****!

The last sentence is pointless but the rest is right! 

Agreed Flint kept demanding the set piece balls despite them crowding him out so others were a better choice - and the long balls and constant headers were completely at odds with our usual style

However think the frustration was getting to him just like everyone else - was hoping the anger would fire them up - we really need to bounce back from this and learn how to break up poor teams who defend hard. 

The referee was completely blind but it was ours for the taking tonight and we just didn't seem to turn up.

Onwards and upwards - and at least if we manage the playoffs we generally play better against good teams! 

8 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

We should have had at least 2 pens the ref was a feckin joker, we did OK though, Smith missing from the centre, missing Baker, Missing O'dowda, Pisano. and players will have off games,  bedding in Kent, Diony and getting Fam back to 100%....  is tough work, and after such a massive last month. I sould like im making excuses for them but lady lucky did a runner from us tonight the bit&ch

We've had our cup fun and we've had our blip aye, the players all still look hungry , we deserved somthing from that game, but no point in debating it, players need to work some some attacking moves, we can pass and defend, and now we have strikers.

Bolton will stay up, looked a good side,  gutted  their turn around started with us, we just have to move on. 

Their turnaround hasn’t started with us. They’ve won 6 and drawn 4 of their last 11 games at home. That’s better than our record in that time. 

If the players had lifted themselves 60% of what they did against Man City then we would have won, but we seemed half a yard off the pace, Bolton beat us to most of 50:50 knock downs and I lost count of the number of passes that went straight to a Bolton player.

The danger now is that run of the mill  league games against the likes of Bolton are a big come down after the highs of the Carabao Cup but these are the games that will be the difference between play offs ( on tonight's performance we will struggle to get into the top 2) and also rans. Taking out the Man City games, we just don't look the same team as we did in the run u to the Man U game.

We are a good passing team, but too much of our good passing night was where it doesn't hurt teams and we struggled to convert possession and passing into real goal threat. Bolton were much more straightforward in style but when they broke up our attacks they were able to pressure us with one or two quick passes (some of them long passes - even though that is sacrilegious!) and seemed more effective than us. 

LJ needs to earn his salary now as he has to get the team re-energised and playing the way they cam and quickly.

P.S. That penalty decision would almost certainly changed the complexion of the game had it been given , as it should have been.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Dont know why anyone would underestimate anyway in the Championship anyway. All you hear all night on here is 'we should have comfortably beaten these' and before the game ' i can see us really turning these over'. FFS when will people learn, have we not been in this league for enough years to realise every game is tough at this level and the ones at the bottom want the points just as much as the ones at the top. ******* naive people that follow this club, fickle naive *****!

On paper the players we have have performed better over the season, they've just lost their top scorer, they're in the relegation zone. We SHOULD have comfortably beaten them. That's not a judgement on Bolton or that it wouldn't have been a tough game, but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be expecting to win?

Yeah we could have had 2 pens, but simple fact of the matter was that we were not savvy enough tonight. Old skool champ game that was, and the sort of game that the 2007/8 side would have got something at. 

Real lack of a plan B tonight, BUT let's now bounce back with 3 points against Sunderland. 

Tough place to go is Bolton away, and plenty of football still left to play. Go again boys...

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You are questioning the city players attitude when you say the Bolton players wanted it more and I’m not having that, I agree with rest but that’s football 

LJ just said the same.

1 minute ago, Super said:

People looking for excuses. We were poor outplayed and outfought tonight.

Don't agree. We were similar to how we have been lately, passing slightly off, Paterson off his game , Bryan off his game but we weren't out fought. A few occasions out muscled but I thought we competed well. The thing about a quick short passing game is it has to be accurate, just as with the press only working when the teams want to pass it. Bolton were happy to go long, takes the press out of it, then they sat deep and let us pass across our back 4 for fun.  FD isn't fully up to speed and we could have done with the ball sticking more. I don't think people noticed last week as with 10 men we were willing to give them a lot more leeway, been a few weeks where the passing has be just off.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's a shambles. Quiet as a mouse when things were going well, all over the thread like a rash when they're going badly. 

Please look at the facts rather than fuel your own personal prejudice.

If you troubled to look you will see hoards of what you call positive points made by me this season

Personally, I always say it as I perceive it whether that is positive or negative.  And judging by the vast majority of comments on here people by and large agree with me, in your terms are posting negatively

Oh well, that's City supporters for you!

1 minute ago, WWred said:

All this talk about set pieces as well - I mean whenever we’re on TV the commentators will forever go on about how much of a threat we are. Now on paper I get it, but in reality.. are we? 

We last scored from a set piece 135 minutes ago.

1 minute ago, WWred said:

All this talk about set pieces as well - I mean whenever we’re on TV the commentators will forever go on about how much of a threat we are. Now on paper I get it, but in reality.. are we? 

Tippy tappy but we don't score enough because we don't create enough. A bit like GJ side. Work rate. 

Archived