IGNORED

FFS...

LondonBristolian

13 hours ago, The Bard said:

Spot on. Hopefully this is the last time it is done.  Without Baker, Hegeler and Pisano, either put Maggers straight in for Baker or go to a back 3.  Smith and Pack are one of the top midfield partnerships in the league. Keep them together.

Exactly this. I’m amazed some still think that Smith/Brownhill is our best CM partnership. Smith/Pack every day for me. 

Brownhill’s displays when played centrally this season have been poor. He’s more effective when starting wide and allowed to roam behind the striker. But he is not in our best 2 CM partnership. 

Mind you, doesn’t help anyone when Pato & Bryan were so poor last night. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

said on another thread it's not just one performance, we have only won 1 game in the league in the last month.

Which was last week, with the week before an away point against the form team in the div. Then throw in 2 good performances v Man City.

I'm just enjoying the ride and trying to be realistic about where we are and how far we've come.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Exactly this. I’m amazed some still think that Smith/Brownhill is our best CM partnership. Smith/Pack every day for me. 

Brownhill’s displays when played centrally this season have been poor. He’s more effective when starting wide and allowed to roam behind the striker. But he is not in our best 2 CM partnership. 

Mind you, doesn’t help anyone when Pato & Bryan were so poor last night. 

I like the Brownhill that plays slightly narrow on RM and joins up with the strikers, that’s why i’ve Always been happy to play a slightly lop-sided midfield 4.  In the Centre his positional sense needs working on.  He runs around too much...that sounds weird I know....but sometimes it’s just about shape.

Still - he’s a good player, who’s developing nicely.  

55 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Which was last week, with the week before an away point against the form team in the div. Then throw in 2 good performances v Man City.

I'm just enjoying the ride and trying to be realistic about where we are and how far we've come.

so am I, but you cant just pick out the good, we lost to Norwich wolves and got hammered by villa not easy games I will grant you, but only one win in the league in the last month is disappointing compared to how results had been.

Just surprised we made two changes instead of the one. We lost Baker so we should be replacing him with Maggers, instead we moved Smith and Wright and that took out our best midfielder. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that so many of the team were waiting for somebody else in a red shirt to take control of the game.

Maybe our team selection /set up was not the best for the game but Let's give Bolton some credit . They had several players with points to prove, and Phil Parkinson used that to great effect. Remember Bolton have to play all the teams above us yet, so let's see how they all do.

The problem we had in that game was Bolton bypassed our midfield using Sammy as a target which he did well and then they played kick the Bristol City player up in the air.  That combined with the shit officials made our players very nervy and scrappy.  What we missed was a Milan or big man up front to target and every single player we had was out muscled.  Dirty team dirty game of football and grim to watch, let's move on.

Definately a penalty via Reid. Two or three players had a bad night. When on top which was a good portion of the game, we didn’t use it it well. Gave a needless goal away with poor defending you wouldn’t see in a park on a Saturday afternoon. Hope LJ sat them down and watched it and learned from it. Now we forget and get at the mighty Sunderland. 

Apart from putting Smith back into midfield and Wright back to right back, put Magnússon at centre back. Leave Paterson out for a mental rest and put in .....Walsh. He had good games away to Man C and home to Norwich.

Archived