IGNORED

That was atrocious

Londoner

Bad performance against a very dogged and determined Bolton side. Felt he got subs wrong and Pack shouldn’t have come off. Frustrating game and Bolton’s gameplan to stop our attacking threat worked very well.

Odd how there are some posters who have been prolific on here since the final whistle who were quiet last weekend..

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yeah, but we didn’t start with that team did we?  Get a grip.  We were chasing a last minute goal.

That was pretty much what we changed to at 0-0. And it lost us the game.

We were totally disjointed thereafter and didn't create a single chance whilst totally dominating the second half up to that point.

Totally wrong set up and formation in my opinion.

Ok, ok. The match was not the best. Yes, subs may have been not right. I feel the subs on we're right, just not the guys to come off. I think LJ should have made he change on half time, not leave it. Patterson is a good player but it was obvious he was struggling. So Patterson off and maggers on at half time, with the other adjustments as suggested above. Get a hold of the game then think about shuffling the strikers around. If Fammy stays on then bring Elliason on. If pineapple comes on    then Reid needs to take a rest. But then, if we all had the benefit of hindsight, we'd all be called Pep. We all make mistakes. Learn, cut out the mistakes, move onwards and hopefully upwards.

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

One defeat and that’s your conclusion?  Fact is we missed Baker, and we always struggle to break down a massed defence.  Still have a good shout for the play-offs.

It’s not about one defeat but the absolute pathetic performance in that defeat. LJs man management skills will be tested from here on.

38 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

The decision to play Korey at right back again meant the midfield was lost. Should have changed formation much much earlier

IMO the formation should have stayed as it has been from the start.

Keep Korey Smith in midfield with Marlon Pack.

Keep Bailey Wright at right back.

Bring Hörður Magnússon in at centre back.

Don't shuffle the whole pack for one absentee.

36 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Overall league position

Man City performances

QPR last week.

plenty to still be positive about is all I'm saying

Possibly. I am not so sure though - I think we have seen a performance tonight that we’ll see in a number of games between now and the end of the season.

The problem as I see it is two fold;

1) the expectation levels have risen dramatically due in part to the performances in the cup and because we got to the heady heights of 2nd place.

2) teams know that if the play in a certain way - many men behind the ball and in a physical manner - that we don’t have the guile to break then down.

Don’t get me wrong - the season so far has been much more enjoyable - I just think we’ve been ‘found out’ again and we don’t seem to have a Plan B.

I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong though!

4 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

IMO the formation should have stayed as it has been from the start.

Keep Korey Smith in midfield with Marlon Pack.

Keep Bailey Wright at right back.

Bring Hörður Magnússon in at centre back.

Don't shuffle the whole pack for one absentee.

Spot on.

I thought exactly that 20mins in. City were so missing Smith in midfield it was painful. I was hoping LJ would make the change at HT 

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Different level to leko based on so far. The fact he is starting proves that. Direct creative he was let down by non existent movement in front of him

"The fact that he is starting" may have something to do with the terms of the loan. I hope he comes good, but needs to be more aware of an early pass. Holding on too long to the ball compresses space and rather snuffs out the quick pass and move play that LJ wants.

I assume that we all have never had a bad day at work and that everything always goes to plan?

I guess football is like life.....sometimes you you win sometimes you lose irregardless of the effort but in......we've played awfully in games and won....we've played brilliantly and lost....#thatslife

We need to regroup and come back stronger.....no point crying over spilt milk.

COYRs!

I guess it’s just the two sides of our team, united and able to grind out a win against QPR when the odds were against us as such, but unable to break down solid teams like the Millwalls, Bolton’s etc who will not allow us to play our game. True promotion candidates have to be able to either impose their game on others without question, or adapt with intelligence and results against others. We did neither last night and floundered.

Got to echo what others have said about shuffling too many to cope with Bakers absence, we all said it before the match and also sometimes Lee gets the subs spot on (QPR) and sometimes he doesn’t.

So let the players recharge their batteries in Dubai, I hope too many weren’t in ‘holiday’ mode last night as if I were Lee I’d be making it clear it’s anything but. 

13 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

One defeat and that’s your conclusion?  Fact is we missed Baker, and we always struggle to break down a massed defence.  Still have a good shout for the play-offs.

It's not just one defeat though is it, our league form over the last month qpr aside has been poor,

Archived