IGNORED

Diedhiou

Londoner

Now I'm not creating a scapegoat here but basing this on the whole season. The guy is clearly an effective target man but with the ball at his feet he is absolutely useless.

His touch is dire, his passing is dire, and for a 5 million player I expect more from him. 

I know he is coming back from injury, and I know he does get goals and causes problems....but I can't help but think he is a steeotypical "donkey"...phusical strong good in the are....but not a lot else....

Get him on the training pitch and get him improving his touch.

Just now, Londoner said:

Now I'm not creating a scapegoat here but basing this on the whole season. The guy is clearly an effective target man but with the ball at his feet he is absolutely useless.

His touch is dire, his passing is dire, and for a 5 million player I expect more from him. 

I know he is coming back from injury, and I know he does get goals and causes problems....but I can't help but think he is a steeotypical "donkey"...phusical strong good in the are....but not a lot else....

I don't see it in him. I see a scrappy player who sometimes causes more issues than helping us. Need a fit Djuric. Much more effective for tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I will get slated here but I think he is a terrible player. Have done from day one. He really is terrible. Slow, clumsy and one of the worst touches ive seen from a professional.

Being 'strong' is not enough...

The absolute state of this thread. He was poor(ish)  tonight. Never going to be the best with the ball at his feet but he offers this team so much. Works hard, tracks back, scores goals, brings Reid into the game more. But because he has a poor game in his second start in three months against a well organised defence he is "terrible', 'dire' and 'useless.' What an absolute joke.

5 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

The absolute state of this thread. He was poor(ish)  tonight. Never going to be the best with the ball at his feet but he offers this team so much. Works hard, tracks back, scores goals, brings Reid into the game more. But because he has a poor game in his second start in three months against a well organised defence he is "terrible', 'dire' and 'useless.' What an absolute joke.

Sorry but his touch has been dire all season

The ball does just seem to bounce off him, when its played into his feet you can never really guarantee what kind of touch your going to get which is disappointing for somebody that cost over 5 million.. i am a fan overall though ,he offers the team a lot and can clearly score goals at this level as we have seen when he is given a run of games. 

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I will get slated here but I think he is a terrible player. Have done from day one. He really is terrible. Slow, clumsy and one of the worst touches ive seen from a professional.

Being 'strong' is not enough...

I do not think he is a terrible player, that is a tad strong. But he needs the right sort of service for his strengths. I recall before he was injured speaking about his 'touch' and general hold up play. No, its not that good, but at his age no way you can coach and improve that ! a 5  Million striker getting him to improve his touch.  Good touch, look at Ameobi tonight !:fear:  ( and he was a free transfer )

Poorish game tonight, as did many of our players.  Doesn’t make him a bad player.  Sometimes the Adrenalin of returning from injury catches up with you a few games later.

LJ needs to think about how we cope against a back 3 and wing backs.  Very few channels to run against that, whereas against 2 CBs we can get down the sides.  It didn’t help the Diedhiou Reid pairing.

23 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Couldn't agree more this thread is an embarrassment. His hold up play is nearly always effective and everyone is going on like he gives the ball away all the time which is defineitely not the case. Narrow minded fans really do infuriate me.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Poorish game tonight, as did many of our players.  Doesn’t make him a bad player.  Sometimes the Adrenalin of returning from injury catches up with you a few games later.

LJ needs to think about how we cope against a back 3 and wing backs.  Very few channels to run against that, whereas against 2 CBs we can get down the sides.  It didn’t help the Diedhiou Reid pairing.

Correct, he's not a bad player, I would say a run of the mill championship forward.  He has strong points, and weaker points.  I mentioned earlier  that on 'tonights' game Ameobi was streets ahead of him for touch movement , and I see LJ has just come out and stated that.  (stated best player on the park)

I sometimes cannot get my head around the fees that we pay, when you consider Ameobi was a 'free'.  But, that was on what we saw tonight.  Then we open another box if we ask about DIONY.. Would like to see him play some games to make a judgement   

We’ll all have varying views on our players.

The Ameobi we saw tonight, had its frustrating moments too if you’re a Bolton fan.  He’d had a lean spell up until tonight.  Capable of exciting stuff, capable of missing from a yard for Cardiff!  Somewhere else, someone likened him to JET.

Diony looks quick and strong, but we need to see him more.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bollocks, absolute bollocks. More than good enough, had a bad game, but yeah lets dig him out and say he's shit. Vintage OTIB.

Seems particularly poisonous on here tonight, anyone would think we were on a 10 game losing streak and 23rd in the league.

We lost against a team fighting for their lives who made it difficult for us, none of our players played that well - it happens. 

Archived