IGNORED

Diedhiou

Londoner

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seems particularly poisonous on here tonight, anyone would think we were on a 10 game losing streak and 23rd in the league.

We lost against a team fighting for their lives who made it difficult for us, none of our players played that well - it happens. 

I'm as pissed off as anyone else is, but people need to step back and give their heads a wobble. Teams lose, the earth still spins, the sun rises and sets. It happens. Absolutely no need to go through every name on the teamsheet and direct vitriol at them.

These games will happen, every player will have an off day and the opposition will carry their form in to it.

Worse things happen at sea. 

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We’ll all have varying views on our players.

The Ameobi we saw tonight, had its frustrating moments too if you’re a Bolton fan.  He’d had a lean spell up until tonight.  Capable of exciting stuff, capable of missing from a yard for Cardiff!  Somewhere else, someone likened him to JET.

Diony looks quick and strong, but we need to see him more.

Yep. If Ameobi was consistently as good as he was tonight then, with respect, he wouldn't be playing for a struggling Bolton side.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone else is, but people need to step back and give their heads a wobble. Teams lose, the earth still spins, the sun rises and sets. It happens. Absolutely no need to go through every name on the teamsheet and direct vitriol at them.

These games will happen, every player will have an off day and the opposition will carry their form in to it.

Worse things happen at sea. 

Exactly and the closer we get to May the more teams at the bottom will put in these performances. 

Frustrating but I’m not particularly bothered, QPR last week showed me we’ve got it in us to bounce back. Playing these niggly awkward teams scrapping for every point isn’t a strength of ours. We’re far better against lower mid table sides upwards.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

His touch is dire, his passing is dire

Haha you've had another shocker. He was a 6 at best but both of these statements are way off what he brings to the team which is a decent touch and lay off - as per his last few games. Can't speak for TV but at the Macron he was our best player for the first quarter of an hour and the issue was any understanding around him. He is smart and always trying to drop and give a teammate the chance to break. By no means his best game for us but this reaction is comical, were you at Ipswich?

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seems particularly poisonous on here tonight, anyone would think we were on a 10 game losing streak and 23rd in the league.

We lost against a team fighting for their lives who made it difficult for us, none of our players played that well - it happens. 

Glad I’m not in the trenches with some of these people on here tonight. 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Haha you've had another shocker. He was a 6 at best but both of these statements are way off what he brings to the team which is a decent touch and lay off - as per his last few games. Can't speak for TV but at the Macron he was our best player for the first quarter of an hour and the issue was any understanding around him. He is smart and always trying to drop and give a teammate the chance to break. By no means his best game for us but this reaction is comical, were you at Ipswich?

I always like reading your posts ole it truly makes up for the crap from other people 

The blokes had months off through injury and has played only 2 halves before being thrown in for 85 mins.

He was blowing out his arse after 45 mins FFS.

LJ either had to play him for 50-60 mins max or give him 2-3 extra weeks to get fitter.

We have no strikers so what else could we do?

Diony is overweight and unfit, and apparently Engvall can only play 5 minutes.

If LJ keeps pushing Fammy too hard, he will get injured again.

Start Diony for a half, and swap, or play Fam for 60 and bring on Gus.

Fam is simply not fit enough to play a full game yet.

in 4-6 weeks - sure

Now - no.

We are risking him doing a hammy or similar with his lack of base fitness, which I repeat is not his fault. 14 weeks of not being able to run makes you unfit!

Diony needs to train harder - he is carrying 3-4 kg of extra pudding

Engvall looked super fit - aggressive for the free kick, and raring to go.

Tough week ahead for LJ at the selection table - would not like to be in his shoes.

Fammy reminds me of the Chief ( one for the older fans ) , awkward looking style, not quite the best at any one thing but horrible to play against and contributes goals .

It was a big disappointment last night but for Bob's sake people , stop slagging off the players who have got us into this position where we might ' blow ' promotion.

Last season most of them were getting us out of relegation to the third division ! 

5 hours ago, SX227 said:

Diony needs to train harder - he is carrying 3-4 kg of extra pudding

Agree with all of your post apart from this. I think that’s just his build - a bit like Aguero I think he’s fairly stocky and won’t look lean. I don’t think it’s about training harder, that’s just how he looks. 

10 hours ago, Londoner said:

Now I'm not creating a scapegoat here but basing this on the whole season. The guy is clearly an effective target man but with the ball at his feet he is absolutely useless.

His touch is dire, his passing is dire, and for a 5 million player I expect more from him. 

I know he is coming back from injury, and I know he does get goals and causes problems....but I can't help but think he is a steeotypical "donkey"...phusical strong good in the are....but not a lot else....

Get him on the training pitch and get him improving his touch.

He's not blessed with quick feet for sure but he's no Steve Torpey or "donkey" as you put it.

It can take 5 or 6 games to regain match fitness and Famara hasn't yet played a full game since returning from his lengthy injury.

I thought he led the line well last night despite piss poor service. 

10 hours ago, Londoner said:

Now I'm not creating a scapegoat here but basing this on the whole season. The guy is clearly an effective target man but with the ball at his feet he is absolutely useless.

His touch is dire, his passing is dire, and for a 5 million player I expect more from him. 

I know he is coming back from injury, and I know he does get goals and causes problems....but I can't help but think he is a steeotypical "donkey"...phusical strong good in the are....but not a lot else....

Get him on the training pitch and get him improving his touch.

Thought he was alright last night but based on what you’ve just said-you clearly didn’t watch the QPR game, Man City game and Derby game where he played very well.

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly and the closer we get to May the more teams at the bottom will put in these performances. 

Frustrating but I’m not particularly bothered, QPR last week showed me we’ve got it in us to bounce back. Playing these niggly awkward teams scrapping for every point isn’t a strength of ours. We’re far better against lower mid table sides upwards.

All true, but the fact is we need to do better against these sort of sides.

We face Sunderland next week, have Brum, Burton and Millwall to play yet too.

You can guarantee at least 3 of these will play like Bolton, we can’t go out there and think we are too good to compete with them and win.

LJ’s comments afterwards were spot on, we ducked out of a lot of 50:50s and that sets a tone, one we could not seem to recover from.

Final point, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but last night showed for me why we should have given Mark Little another year, 100% committed and unlike his replacement, available 90% of the time.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Fammy reminds me of the Chief ( one for the older fans ) , awkward looking style, not quite the best at any one thing but horrible to play against and contributes goals .

It was a big disappointment last night but for Bob's sake people , stop slagging off the players who have got us into this position where we might ' blow ' promotion.

Last season most of them were getting us out of relegation to the third division ! 

Wayne Allison! Great defence abuser, some would say clumsy but just an out and out target man (battering ram!) 

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

All true, but the fact is we need to do better against these sort of sides.

We face Sunderland next week, have Brum, Burton and Millwall to play yet too.

You can guarantee at least 3 of these will play like Bolton, we can’t go out there and think we are too good to compete with them and win.

LJ’s comments afterwards were spot on, we ducked out of a lot of 50:50s and that sets a tone, one we could not seem to recover from.

Final point, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but last night showed for me why we should have given Mark Little another year, 100% committed and unlike his replacement, available 90% of the time.

Agreed, we need to find a way to beat those sides. There’s too much of a trend to in results against those sort of sides for it to just be an anomaly. Seems the best way to play against us is, to use a cliche, ‘want it more’.

Sides that have outmuscled us, resorted to long balls and prevented us playing our game have had lots of success.

Aside from Man City I can’t remember many games where we’ve been outplayed really. Even for the part against Wolves where it was 11v11 it was even and if anything we were on top. I think we can go toe to toe with any of the better teams in the league which is why it wouldn’t surprise me to see us pick up less points vs Burton, Millwall and Sunderland than we do against say Fulham, Brentford and Boro.

As for Little I thought in the summer it was probably the right time for him to move on - to get regular football if anything. You can’t account for players getting injured really but right now we’d definitely be a stronger side if Little was an option for us.   I’m very surprised we didn’t sign a RB this window.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

True, didn’t see that game luckily. You get my point though.

I watched the beam back unfortunately! 

But yes, we do seem to struggle against more physical defensive teams. The problem is that the current run of fixtures was supposed to be our chance of closing the gap on the leaders. But I'm not so sure about that.

Anyway whatever happens it's been a great season.

I saw us as abit make do last night, few tired legs and heads, few out of position, players still carrying - using game time to get match pace back. 

Steel flapping not sure enough, Korey at right back questionable (no midfield holding without him)  Wright didn't look physical enough at CB needs to be able to play out with both feet. Bryan and Flint weren't "on it". Pack standard (subbing made no sense), Patts clearly needs a rest, Brownhill jaded (rest), Kent always showing but coming inside? Go bye line, Bobby standard (my mom) Fama clearly getting match fit. 

Hörður - sorry to the doubters but should have been CB from start

Engvall - give him 30 plus mins sunderland

Diony - start sunderland

Diedhiou is capable of much better, his return is too soon in terms of sharpness, zero ball control, only a couple of completed passes and his only real chances were with his head, he doesn’t look like he has the skills needed in a forward, at least not yet! His game time at the moment should be as the late sub, after the footballers have done their work!

Hes not great but reid needs him to feed of .problem is we need korey in the centre hes limited at rb.hes our best player by a mile breaks play up breaks forward and gets in them pockets.example being when we put him in his position he supplied the best cross of the game.also i think id rather had madine than these french unproven guys.madine plays well week in week out .and ran us ragged at ag.you want to play with the big boys you need to pay the fees.we need a game changer.saying that they was all sh1te last night.all to slow and predictable.move on now and get on a run

55 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Thought he was alright last night but based on what you’ve just said-you clearly didn’t watch the QPR game, Man City game and Derby game where he played very well.

I suspect he did watch those games but was waiting for him to have an off night in order to slag him off, having already jumped to a conclusion on him after about 3 weeks of this season. 

Sadly, it seems he isn't alone.

Archived