IGNORED

Diedhiou

Londoner

On 3/18/2018 at 11:28, Alex_BCFC said:

Not sure how anyone can describe a player with a 1 in 2ish record at this level as shite. 

Luckily he managed to fluke one into the top corner today..... amazing really for a player that so many think is absolutely useless on the ground. :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Luckily he managed to fluke one into the top corner today..... amazing really for a player that so many think is absolutely useless on the ground. :whistle:

His touch , hold up play is PSR if that’s what you are referring to 

Great goal today but that doesn’t mean his control and ability to hold and shield a ball is suddenly decent or even ok , or disguise that for  a bloke his size he gets brushed aside with ease

Hes a mixed bag

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His touch , hold up play is PSR if that’s what you are referring to 

Great goal today but that doesn’t mean his control and ability to hold and shield a ball is suddenly decent or even ok , or disguise that for  a bloke his size he gets brushed aside with ease

Hes a mixed bag

I guess it's a attitude of mind. I prefer to concentrate on his many positives and how effective he is. There are many more expensive foreign imports across the top two leagues who have made far less impact than he has this season, and that's with him missing half of it.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I guess it's a attitude of mind. I prefer to concentrate on his many positives and how effective he is. There are many more expensive foreign imports across the top two leagues who have made far less impact than he has this season, and that's with him missing half of it.

He’s a strange one - you can’t knock his goals return but the rest of his play is IMHO and generally shockingly poor , but then occasionally out of the blue he will shock with a flash of something positive in a hold and pass before reverting to type

he should be a real handful and should improve but his touch is at times that of a Park player

What concerns me is that he doesn’t fit in with our best style of play or Lees 10 busy bees ethos

Used with wide ment throwing in crosses he’d be at his most effective but that’s not what we do

Personaloy I think LJ needs to decide how he wants to play and either utilise the full potential of FD , work extremely hard to integrate him into our preferred style

or

(tin hat on)

Accepting he’s a definite goal threat and will probably do well elsewhere , but get decent money for him and replace him with a forward more suited to our high energy press game

That action would be in itself a gamble but a brave manager who can be analytical and decisive would possibly do just that

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s a strange one - you can’t knock his goals return but the rest of his play is IMHO and generally shockingly poor , but then occasionally out of the blue he will shock with a flash of something positive in a hold and pass before reverting to type

he should be a real handful and should improve but his touch is at times that of a Park player

What concerns me is that he doesn’t fit in with our best style of play or Lees 10 busy bees ethos

Used with wide ment throwing in crosses he’d be at his most effective but that’s not what we do

Personaloy I think LJ needs to decide how he wants to play and either utilise the full potential of FD , work extremely hard to integrate him into our preferred style

or

(tin hat on)

Accepting he’s a definite goal threat and will probably do well elsewhere , but get decent money for him and replace him with a forward more suited to our high energy press game

That action would be in itself a gamble but a brave manager who can be analytical and brave would possibly do just that

He reminds me of Shaun Goater in that respect.

To be fair he's delivered goals this year, even when our form has deserted us since Christmas.

or

(tin hat on)

That action would be in itself a gamble but a brave manager who can be analytical and brave would possibly do just that

No need for a tin hat imo, you make a perfectly sound case. It is certainly a conundrum how to make the most of Fammy and Bobby in the same team.

Having said that I am convinced that but for Fammy's injury we would have had two 20 goal players in the same season.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

No need for a tin hat imo, you make a perfectly sound case. It is certainly a conundrum how to make the most of Fammy and Bobby in the same team.

Having said that I am convinced that but for Fammy's injury we would have had two 20 goal players in the same season.

Thanks

Glad I’m not alone in considering this

If I had to use one simple starting point (And it’s not as simple as being just one - but the most impactive) in our change in form is the return of FD

Looking at his goals it Seems madness that overall his impact could blanking more bullets than it fires , but that’s my belief / conclusion atm

It’s a shame but for me accommodating FD has changed the way we attack and defend - the high press has all but dissapeared for example

if I’m honest - I’d rather see us prioritise looking after Bobby Reid financially  and be looking for a better fit for us

it would come with some regret as he could be a real asset for somebody else

id be secretly hoping, as a result of his goals ,  a Cardiff , Huddersfield or Brighton make a £10 m bid for Fad rather than BR

Thanks

Glad I’m not alone in considering this

If I had to use one simple starting point (And it’s not as simple as being just one - but the most impactive) in our change in form is the return of FD

Looking at his goals it Seems madness that overall his impact could blanking more bullets than it fires , but that’s my belief / conclusion atm

It’s a shame but for me accommodating FD has changed the way we attack and defend - the high press has all but dissapeared for example

if I’m honest - I’d rather see us prioritise looking after Bobby Reid financially  and be looking for a better fit for us

it would come with some regret as he could be a real asset for somebody else

id be secretly hoping, as a result of his goals ,  a Cardiff , Huddersfield or Brighton make a £10 m bid for Fad rather than BR

Again you put a good argument forward. I don't rule out exactly this happening if a good profit is on offer.

I wonder though if coaching can change Fammy's game as an alternative.

To offer a parallel, Pep was not satisfied with Aguero 'just' being a goalscorer.  Now, as Liam Rosenior put it in his excellent Guardian column today, he has become the focal point of Man City's pressing game. Even the best players can get better.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Again you put a good argument forward. I don't rule out exactly this happening if a good profit is on offer.

I wonder though if coaching can change Fammy's game as an alternative.

To offer a parallel, Pep was not satisfied with Aguero 'just' being a goalscorer.  Now, as Liam Rosenior put it in his excellent Guardian column today, he has become the focal point of Man City's pressing game. Even the best players can get better.

A very valid point China and certainly a hope 

But - I watch him closely and for a Pro of his age already training professionally daily for some years I’m amazed how poor his touch is and whether it can improve dramatically (If he could , and work in his strength we’d have some player !)

using a ball daily I’m amazed his touch doesn’t seem to improve - I was anything but a technical player but when I later went into coaching and demonstrating drills and getting lots of touches at training sessions , my touch was better than Famaras !

Don’t get all of the criticism about his all round game

-Has a very good scoring record and if he didn’t get injured he would be one of the top scorers in the division 

-Hold up play very good, yes first touch can be a bit poor but overall great hold up play

-Works very hard off the ball and unlike what Kodjia did when he went down he wouldn’t make a meal out of it he’d get up and carry on.

It may have been intimidating for opposing defences if Fammy had played alongside Showunmi.

Back to the stats; a goal every two games is what John Galley averaged in his best season for City and almost (goals per game) as good as John Atyeo's career record of 317 goals in 597 games.

Here's to an injury free 2018-19 season!

Archived