IGNORED

Top 6, no chance.

Jacky Boy

24 minutes ago, Jacky Boy said:

That performance tonight was awful, far to complacent, this team have no chance of finishing in the top 6.

I get that people are annoyed but this really is complete nonsense on so many levels. Six days ago was probably our best performance of the season. It hasn't all suddenly gone wrong. Poor performance away at a decent enough, in form team. Pick oursleves up, move on and look upwards. 

We will be lucky to finish in the top 6 playing like that but there is still a way to go yet and we have other players to come back like Pisano and O'Dowda, O'Neil, Djuric and Taylor. We can't afford many more performances like the one tonight though. Very very very disappointing.

Top 2 was always going to be out of reach, even before our epic cup run.

Top 6 will be a piece of p*ss 

But remember, win a couple doesn’t mean we’re going up, lose one away by a goal doesn’t mean we’re heading for the bottom 6 .

Remember what you were writing after Man U and Man c away. Perspective. 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Top 2 was always going to be out of reach, even before our epic cup run.

Top 6 will be a piece of p*ss 

But remember, win a couple doesn’t mean we’re going up, lose one away by a goal doesn’t mean we’re heading for the bottom 6 .

I don't see why Top 2 was always going to be out of reach. I still think we can do it

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't see why Top 2 was always going to be out of reach. I still think we can do it

I admire your enthusiasm but you were in a small minority before the season started, most, like the bookies had us around 9-10th.

Hope you’re right but it will take an epic run to achieve it now. 

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I doubt many who are slating them tonight even showed up after those games.....

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I admire your enthusiasm but you were in a small minority before the season started, most, like the bookies had us around 9-10th.

Hope you’re right but it will take an epic run to achieve it now. 

Most had us down for a lot lower than 9 or 10th. I certainly did. Whatever happens from now in we have had a cracking season up until now, and it certainly isn't over by any means. Watched some superb football most of the season and not the finished article just yet. 

4 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Most had us down for a lot lower than 9 or 10th. I certainly did. Whatever happens from now in we have had a cracking season up until now, and it certainly isn't over by any means. Watched some superb football most of the season and not the finished article just yet. 

Correct. I’ve noticed over the years people will predict a mid table position, which by definition means you lose quite a few games in a season, then get upset, distraught and wanting to throw the towel in every time we lose.

your club will lose some games, maybe lots of games if your really poor and contrary to the popular chant, Bristol city are not by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.

We were poor tonight by most clubs standards and extremely poor by our own standards. It will happen, I'd hope to see a much better performance next time out and hope to build some momentum on that

that performance suggest that we will not finish in the top 6, the rest of the season says we actually have a good chance. For example also, Bolton didn't look like they would be relegated as they played alright, but guess what! They might well be.

what a damn crazy game this is

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If we do finish 9th-10th, with the cup run we've had, that will exceed my expectations before the season started.

I think we need to have some perspective rather than  listen to the hype based on our cup games.

To be honest, that would be an underachievement. We all know this team is capable of more

Archived