IGNORED

Top 6, no chance.

Jacky Boy

1 hour ago, Jacky Boy said:

That performance tonight was awful, far to complacent, this team have no chance of finishing in the top 6.

I agree, awful performance tonight. However, if the ref had done his job properly and given the penalty when the keeper flattened Bobby, it's a different game. Also Flint second half. 

No chance of finishing top 6?? Behave yourself. 

As LJ keeps saying 'we are a work in progress'

Don't believe coaching staff think this is a Premiership side in the making yet

If they did we would have spent money in transfer window.

We shall know when the coaching staff think we are Premiership material when they buy Premiership players, say two, for the final push over the line. LJ himself has said that Walsh is one for the future and he is our one and only signing.  The other two are loans, one a kid with as yet unfulfilled promise the other a punt.

We need to go up with a team that has at least 7/8 players who are Premiership quality. This side, for all its success, is quite a bit short of that, as recent league games have shown.

The last time we reached the top division the side certainly did have a fair raft of players of Premiership quality.

We may still make playoffs, if our slide can be halted pdq, but the chance of promotion I would suggest is a trifle unrealistic.

52 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

My Prediction

Sheffield United last home game of the season. We need to win for the play offs top 6. It’s gonna be massive!

before tonight I would have said we would be safely in the top six and that result wouldn't matter, after that demoralising defeat you might well be right.

Lmfao here we go again same old crap after a defeat oh we ain't gonna make playoffs, then we win and yes we can make playoffs.ffs yes we were poor but it's fine margins but for a very poor decision at start of the game result could have been different, it amazes me how negative some are after a defeat but I'm not giving up believing we can do it until it's mathematical impossible 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

My Prediction

Sheffield United last home game of the season. We need to win for the play offs top 6. It’s gonna be massive!

The only time I’ve been to Sheffield Utd must be almost 10 years ago when our draw(?) up there meant we secured a playoff place. We could almost be going full circle. 

5 minutes ago, Jacky Boy said:

That second half performance today was far TOO complacent, top 6 no chance.

Today is an utter sickener but anyone claiming that a team in the top six mid February have no chance finishing there is an utter fool. And someone regurgitating the thread because of a bad result just looks like an utter tool, too.

We need to sort ourselves out for sure but of course we have a chance of the top six. It is a long season and form fluctuates. Maybe we will make it or maybe we will not. 

I got a lot of stick on here for saying after the Wolves debacle that our high water mark for the season had come and gone. But it had and has. The Man United and Man City games were glorious but distracted the players and made them some of them think they could get a big money move and - whether they recognized it or not - that they were too good to have to work as hard in a very competitive division. Plus a manager who doesn't know how to hold onto three goal leads when gifted to him. Mid-table finish (10th ?) - if you think I'm talking crap put your money up..

I think realistically this is going to have such a massive impact on our belief and confidence that could turn out to be terminal. I'd like to think we can still make it and it's idiotic to write us off, but it's more blind hope than expectation for me now. It's a sickener guys I know but let's remember the good memories this season has given us.

Long way to go.

Yes, poor second half today, but you cannot deny we've had our fair share of bad luck over the last month or so.

Two own goals and one from a free kick that was a clear dive. Pato's shirt tugged back but no pen - Sucker punched at Bolton - Baker red that could have been yellow, amongst other things that haven't gone our way.

Wasn't mean't to be today. Hopefully we'll learn and results against Leeds and Fulham would swing momentum back in our favour.

2 minutes ago, CalgaryRed said:

I got a lot of stick on here for saying after the Wolves debacle that our high water mark for the season had come and gone. But it had and has. The Man United and Man City games were glorious but distracted the players and made them some of them think they could get a big money move and - whether they recognized it or not - that they were too good to have to work as hard in a very competitive division. Plus a manager who doesn't know how to hold onto three goal leads when gifted to him. Mid-table finish (10th ?) - if you think I'm talking crap put your money up..

I do not think you are talking crap but I do think you lack the clairvoyance skills that you credit yourself with.

What you describe is a possible outcome, if the players do not get their focus and their attitude back on track. On the other hand, another possible outcome is today’s farce reveals some home truths to the players and shocks them into a drastic improvement. I suspect personally the truth will be somewhere in the middle and we will limp through February, gradually improve through March and it will be a tight call between us and a couple of teams for the final play off place. But, if that happens, I won’t be making posts ok here telling everyone how clever I am for calling it. I’ll have a taken an educated guess, like everyone does when they try to predict their team’s form, and happened to be right.

PS the Man City game came after the Wolves debacle so, even on your own terms, you are admitting you were wrong in what you said after the Wolves game.

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I think realistically this is going to have such a massive impact on our belief and confidence that could turn out to be terminal. I'd like to think we can still make it and it's idiotic to write us off, but it's more blind hope than expectation for me now. It's a sickener guys I know but let's remember the good memories this season has given us.

Don’t forget we all thought that last season on the multiple occasions we committed hari-kari from winning positions and we ultimately recovered. I think the players’ mentality is more robust than they get credit for. They have to learn from this but they can do so.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Don’t forget we all thought that last season on the multiple occasions we committed hari-kari from winning positions and we ultimately recovered. I think the players’ mentality is more robust than they get credit for. They have to learn from this but they can do so.

We recovered to avoid relegation at the expense of sides even worse than us. This is a different ball game. Promotion contenders do not throw away 3 goal leads at home to relegation candidates. The chasing pack are gaining, we have tough games coming up and keeping the pace now is going to be incredibly difficult.

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

The gradual decline is going to happen , Leeds and Cardiff’ away. Fulham too.  I fear another Johnson losing streak coming on again. ...

Unfortunately your right , we’ve blown it. Whether it’s the lack of squad depth , the cup run or a combination of both - this season will be a case of what if 

45 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Long way to go.

Yes, poor second half today, but you cannot deny we've had our fair share of bad luck over the last month or so.

Two own goals and one from a free kick that was a clear dive. Pato's shirt tugged back but no pen - Sucker punched at Bolton - Baker red that could have been yellow, amongst other things that haven't gone our way.

Wasn't mean't to be today. Hopefully we'll learn and results against Leeds and Fulham would swing momentum back in our favour.

We never do well at Leeds and Fulham!! Well anything could happen. They could easily put 4 past us or we could put 4 past them. 

1 minute ago, Full nelson said:

We never do well at Leeds and Fulham!! Well anything could happen. They could easily put 4 past us or we could put 4 past them. 

To be honest, yes gutting to only get 1 point from Bolton and Sunderland - but in reality 6 points from those two games with 0 from Leeds and Fulham is worse than 1 from them and 6 from Leeds and Fulham. 

These are the key games now and where we are after those two will be a clearly reflection of our form going forwards.

Archived