IGNORED

Ryan Kent

reformed_red

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would like to see him take players on more often.  Can't fault him for effort and he seems to have a bit of skill.

If he could get past his man, he would have the time and space for an end product.

He's no slouch either.

Agree. I thought he was lively as well. I've seen enough in him to believe he will help us

17 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Flatters to deceive.

Selfish, lazy, no end product. 

Those who think a clever trick or turn is positive need to realise this isn't 5-a-side football.

WHY DID WE NOT SIGN A RB.

Uh because Bailey Wright plays there and we have Pisano coming back and Korey can play there. Have I missed something, are we Manchester City?

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Uh because Bailey Wright plays there and we have Pisano coming back and Korey can play there. Have I missed something, are we Manchester City?

Uhhhhhhhh because Bailey is a CB, and Pisano may not be fit until March (match fit likely April) and Korey is key in CM. Have I missed something????

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would like to see him take players on more often.  Can't fault him for effort and he seems to have a bit of skill.

If he could get past his man, he would have the time and space for an end product.

He's no slouch either.

He kept cutting inside and by doing that he headed into the Bolton midfield. As you say he's no slouch and could piss pass most defenders if he could learn to go both ways.

That said, he's a young lad and he'll learn especially with the top coaching available at City.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

So we've been crap with BR at right back?

Sorry, did I say that? Ummmm, nah.

BR at RB has been decent enough, not earth shattering but OK.

We therefore have 2 CBs. One gets injured or BANNED, we have no one to play RB. Pisano will have little impact this season. We get a player on loan who (allegedly) we have to pay a fee for if he doesn't play. He is also no more than a decent wideman with little to no end product. 

So, again, why did we not signs RB???

3 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Sorry, did I say that? Ummmm, nah.

BR at RB has been decent enough, not earth shattering but OK.

We therefore have 2 CBs. One gets injured or BANNED, we have no one to play RB. Pisano will have little impact this season. We get a player on loan who (allegedly) we have to pay a fee for if he doesn't play. He is also no more than a decent wideman with little to no end product. 

So, again, why did we not signs RB???

Because it would put LJ's captain out of the team. Baker/Flint  who's gonna not have that at centre half   so where does your captin play?

not my thoughts, LJ's

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Clearly I'm in the minority here but I thought he was one of out better players today. 

I agree,

He tried to inject some pace into our attacks rather than maintain the going nowhere passing we got into all too often. He's obviously new to the team and finding his feet and as a result I think he is slightly stifling his natural game, which is to take defenders on. On a few occasions I felt he could have taken a defender on but he made a simple pass instead ( perhaps he feels this is the way we play).

One of the problems with games like this is that we get bogged down with passing. Bolton were more direct but seemed to be much more threatening than us. Kent has pace and when he put his foot down he was going past players and if he kept doing this it might have created more than we did.

4 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Still doesn't convince me. Never any end product, looks flashy though and so will please many.

"Still" doesn't convince you. He's played what, 3 games for us or something? Give him a break. Thought he was pretty poor last night and I don't think he's quite there with understanding how we play but he clearly has quality and is, in my opinion at least, working hard for tje team.

2 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

"Still" doesn't convince you. He's played what, 3 games for us or something? Give him a break. Thought he was pretty poor last night and I don't think he's quite there with understanding how we play but he clearly has quality and is, in my opinion at least, working hard for tje team.

I saw his debut versus Norwich and tonight and yep he still doesn't convince me that he will help us. My opinion differs to yours.

Yeah, let's slag off a kid who lost possession a few too many times but who every time went looking for the ball, didn't hide, tried to link things, was positive and took chances. 

Why not slag off those who seem to do no wrong even though they're far from special and on too many occasions are rank average? Bryan from start to finish was, not for the first time,  a total liability. Had that been Hodour the masses would be slaughtering him and ushering him out the club. Didgeridoo offered now't; Reid yet another run around without ever looking dangerous (and no the pen doesn't count as he'd turned his back and had no influence over the clumsy keeper going through the back of him.) 

We went offensive tonight and showed exactly what's been feared, take away the additional bodies in midfield and are we really that dominant in the high press? Those who called Pack our best player got it right. Smith did well when restored to where he should play. Brownhill and Patts look like players who are happy in numbers and somewhat exposed when asked to step up on their own.

It's a work in progress and no point throwing the baby out with the bathwater but tonight's a night to take stock, forget the recent hype, and work out how we go back to basics.

We've been punching above our weight and, fingers crossed, may just about throw enough leather to make the playoffs. It's no forgone conclusion.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah, let's slag off a kid who lost possession a few too many times but who every time went looking for the ball, didn't hide, tried to link things, was positive and took chances. 

Why not slag off those who seem to do no wrong even though they're far from special and on too many occasions are rank average? Bryan from start to finish was, not for the first time,  a total liability. Had that been Hodour the masses would be slaughtering him and ushering him out the club. Didgeridoo offered now't; Reid yet another run around without ever looking dangerous (and no the pen doesn't count as he'd turned his back and had no influence over the clumsy keeper going through the back of him.) 

We went offensive tonight and showed exactly what's been feared, take away the additional bodies in midfield and are we really that dominant in the high press? Those who called Pack our best player got it right. Smith did well when restored to where he should play. Brownhill and Patts look like players who are happy in numbers and somewhat exposed when asked to step up on their own.

It's a work in progress and no point throwing the baby out with the bathwater but tonight's a night to take stock, forget the recent hype, and work out how we go back to basics.

We've been punching above our weight and, fingers crossed, may just about throw enough leather to make the playoffs. It's no forgone conclusion.

Coulsnt agree more

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I wish i had a like or a thank you left, because you have just summed it up for me. top man.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

By far the best post I’ve read tonight.

28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I think LJ has a desire to play with wingers, yet we seem to be at our best when we don’t.  We pass our way through teams, not run at them.  Even O’Dowda, a winger, has become less of a winger (pre-injury) this season, and become more effective as a result.

I hate it when we seem to play a stretched game.  Tonight the game wasn’t as compact as I like, where we grind teams down.  Derby was stretched.  Cardiff will play to stretch us too.

Not sure why that happened, other than 2 wingers, but Kent played alright, Paterson didn’t.

Archived