IGNORED

Diony

AshtonGreat

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Anyone else think it was a big gamble for a team badly in need of goals for a strong promotion push to bring in a striker who's unproven in this league and out of form? I hope he turns out to be great, but I wonder if we should've gone for a safer bet...

Jesus H Christ, half hour when we had only 10 men on the field and 25 minutes when our strikers were being starved of supply.

I think it far more of a gamble not to sign a right back

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Anyone else think it was a big gamble for a team badly in need of goals for a strong promotion push to bring in a striker who's unproven in this league and out of form? I hope he turns out to be great, but I wonder if we should've gone for a safer bet...

No signing is guaranteed, who would’ve been a safer bet?

Not sure it’s fair to judge the player on two cameo appearances.

Firstly, I don’t believe his style suits the lone striker, which is what he was asked to do in the first game.

Secondly,  coming from the French League I doubt he has played against a team as physical as Bolton.

Not sure how much he has played, so his fitness and sharpness may not be there just yet

Give him time to get used to the English game - I think he may be quite good

9 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Not sure it’s fair to judge the player on two cameo appearances.

Firstly, I don’t believe his style suits the lone striker, which is what he was asked to do in the first game.

Secondly,  coming from the French League I doubt he has played against a team as physical as Bolton.

Not sure how much he has played, so his fitness and sharpness may not be there just yet

Give him time to get used to the English game - I think he may be quite good

That was kind of my point

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Gary Madine?  

Benik Afobe?

Lewis Grabban?

I was being a bit facetious.

Most on here wouldn’t have touched Madine with a barge-pole

Afobe went back to Wolves....rumour that he’d have cost £10m

Grabban - £8m, big wages.

Just now, WestonRobin said:

Nowt wrong with Martin Kuhl...but if you’re bashing players let me know when you start on Ian Baird. I’ll happily join in!

That would just be too easy. 

I'm trying to think of players that didn't really deserve the stick they got at the time.

Baird deserved all the stick he got and more. I was there when he got subbed, the crowd cheered and Baird decided to start giving the fans the middle finger. I have never seen it before or since from one of our own players. 

Archived