IGNORED

Dubai - well earned break?

peanut

Wow. No need for an over reaction after the result today BUT never thought I'd see City going to Dubai. A little part of me has died. Dubai, Qatar, these places are all built on mass slavery, no idea why people go there apart from the discounted hotels and the Disneyland resort spin to it all. 

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

Wow. No need for an over reaction after the result today BUT never thought I'd see City going to Dubai. A little part of me has died. Dubai, Qatar, these places are all built on mass slavery, no idea why people go there apart from the discounted hotels and the Disneyland resort spin to it all. 

Mass slavery like Bristol’s history you mean 

49 minutes ago, Olé said:

Couldn’t agree more and very sad if this is true. What happened to Brean Sands as a mid season break?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Been there, lived and worked there.

Vastly overrated - if one is seeking warm weather, there are other far more attractive (and more civilised) destinations much closer - even close to those Atlantic climes from whence you hail, or even Madeira for example. 

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Mass slavery like Bristol’s history you mean 

Or Africa's or Europe's or Asia's?

Happy to pick any part of human history and demonize the current incumbent of that plot of land if you wish?

7 hours ago, Olé said:

The clue is in ' warm weather ' I suppose.

Unless LJ hopes to find Wilbs MK2 .

10 hours ago, peanut said:

5 Days in Dubai to rest and relax, flying tomorrow morning, just what they all deserve after tonight’s performance!?!??

And as per title....it’s not a break, it’s work, they aren’t gonna sitting around the pool or shopping or drinking all day.  It’s part of the science of fitness to preoare them for the remsining 16 (hopefully 19) games

16 hours ago, Olé said:

To be clear, you don't want an over reaction but a little part of you has died and you mention "mass slavery".  :blink:

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think it’s been arranged and booked since 10pm last night..?!

No he thinks the efforts of the players and the staff have been completely overshadowed by one off day.  I have such a hatred of this sort of comment based on the worst kind of ******* "short -termism" it's absolutely infuriating. It's not just some of our fans, it seems to be a malaise caused by access to giving comments in modern media. There was a Liverpool supporter on 5 live last week calling for Klopps head because they lost in the cup, this is the same team that beat Manchester City only 6 days earlier. I can safely say he was an idiot, but I am not allowed to make derogatory remarks about a fellow poster.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No he thinks the efforts of the players and the staff have been completely overshadowed by one off day.  I have such a hatred of this sort of comment based on the worst kind of ******* "short -termism" it's absolutely infuriating. It's not just some of our fans, it seems to be a malaise caused by access to giving comments in modern media. There was a Liverpool supporter on 5 live last week calling for Klopps head because they lost in the cup, this is the same team that beat Manchester City only 6 days earlier. I can safely say he was an idiot, but I am not allowed to make derogatory remarks about a fellow poster.

It’s not a one off day, it’s a decline since the Man U game, culminating in a very poor performance last night.  Of course it can turn round, but we are on the slide at the moment, bottom 3 of the form table.

Archived