IGNORED

That Poll

Williams' Penalty

So, it turns out that after this poor run of results, many on this forum (currently more than 50%) believe that we as a club can no longer make the play-offs. 

And yes, when I was lying in bed last night suffering from the inevitable post-loss despondency, I too, shared that sentiment.

However, coming on the forum today I have become ever more frustrated at the number of threads stating BCFC are imploding, or that players aren't good enough, have no end product, could never play in the Prem, don't deserve a warm weather training camp etc.

What a ridiculous response!

One of the biggest reasons for the loss at Bolton was the lack of Nathan Baker, a player who has been, IMO, our best defender this season. Yes, we have two more games without him, but with him and the likes of Eros Pisano coming back we will be a far stronger team. 

Diony and Diedhiou will improve and Kent (another player who has been given a ridiculously hard time after what I saw as a very decent performance last night) will begin to really gel with the team.

Yes, this run of losses is hard for the fans, but for God's sake get behind the players and the team- no matter what the results are today, we will be at least 2 points off 7th and a maximum of 6 points of second with plenty of games to go. The play-offs are well withn reach, especially as we have played all the top teams bar Cardiff twice.

Keep the Faith!!!

Posters frequently forget when City are in a poor spell that pretty much every other team experience the same run of poor results over a 46 game season. Wolves are only club so far this season not yet to "hit the wall'.

It was Cardiff over the Xmas run of games if I remember rightly that barely got a point.

It only become a worry if the poor run of results continue as they did last season.

We have Sunderland next and we should get all three points against the whipping boys of the Championship but if we don't it still won't be a complete disaster so stop fretting boys and girls.

9 hours ago, Williams' Penalty said:

So, it turns out that after this poor run of results, many on this forum (currently more than 50%) believe that we as a club can no longer make the play-offs. 

One of the biggest reasons for the loss at Bolton was the lack of Nathan Baker...

I disagree and agree with you!

You really think that over 50% of this forum’s contributors believe we can ‘no longer make the play offs’ ?! How do you know that? Have you canvassed every forum contributor? 

And for me, Nathan Baker is our player of the season thus far...you are spot on....

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Posters frequently forget when City are in a poor spell that pretty much every other team experience the same run of poor results over a 46 game season. Wolves are only club so far this season not yet to "hit the wall'.

It was Cardiff over the Xmas run of games if I remember rightly that barely got a point.

It only become a worry if the poor run of results continue as they did last season.

We have Sunderland next and we should get all three points against the whipping boys of the Championship but if we don't it still won't be a complete disaster so stop fretting boys and girls.

Yes, this League is typical for runs of wins or losses.  We’ve had a bad run but have 51 points from 30 games (1.7 per game).  If we could maintain that average, that’s 78 points.  So 27 points from 16 games:

• 9w/7l
  • 8w/3d/5l
  • 7w/6d/3l

The 3rd bullet was more in keeping with our earlier season form, quite a few draws, but minimal defeats.  Of course games against the sides around us will be factored in.

But although we are only 3 points clear of Preston, so are Fulham.  We have the same points as 5th placed.  Easy to be downbeat.

Just assume we get 3 points v Sunderland, how confident are we that Preston will win away at Brentford.  The gap to 7th could be greater than 3 points come Saturday night.  Ifs buts and maybes.  But certainly not a tone to be writing the season off!

Plus Wolves are likely to take points away from our challengers too.

Of course if poor run continues then we will drift away, but I think this squad has some balls.  Friday might’ve been a painful kick to them, but a bit of bonding in Dubai, and hopefully we kick on.

Archived