IGNORED

Twitter - Liam Walsh - hmmm !!

Meh

I never post purely to stir crap but really not sure how to feel about Liam Walsh liking a tweet from presumably a friend where it refers to beating us.

Anything wrong with it? Maybe I’m being a bit precious but seems ill advised? :-

7B0A3826-762D-42C7-8FB6-BE93E596B3E3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

I never post purely to stir crap but really not sure how to feel about Liam Walsh liking a tweet from presumably a friend where it refers to beating us.

Anything wrong with it? Maybe I’m being a bit precious but seems ill advised? :-

He was correct and Liam Walsh was reflecting that, we never deserved to win last night LJ got it wrong end of, sometimes the truth hurts.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Probably being a bit precious and it is probably ill advised. Hopefully someone mentions it to him and it doesn’t happen again. 

Yeah I’ll take that. Would not want it to be a habit as it can be perceived different ways and I’m normally quite chilled about things but this did make me think wtf is he doing when I first saw it.

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yeah I’ll take that. Would not want it to be a habit as it can be perceived different ways and I’m normally quite chilled about things but this did make me think wtf is he doing when I first saw it.

Yea no doubt. My first reaction is similar tbh. Then you think of the factors behind it. He has never been in the spotlight like he is now. He is not an Everton player for the first time in his life, he is young and probably close to the player that made the tweet. He probably didn’t think anything of it. Just needs to be told that he has new employers and more importantly new fans that will see things like that as a negative. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea no doubt. My first reaction is similar tbh. Then you think of the factors behind it. He has never been in the spotlight like he is now. He is not an Everton player for the first time in his life, he is young and probably close to the player that made the tweet. He probably didn’t think anything of it. Just needs to be told that he has new employers and more importantly new fans that will see things like that as a negative. 

Or it is what it is, he’s liking his mates tweet.

no different to what they would have said too each other after the game!

the players like tomlin stuff on instagrams all the time... and no doubt if mark little or wilbraham had of posted something last night pack, Flint, smith etc would all have liked it...

Nothing to see here, at all. He doesn’t need speaking to about this 

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Only asking as I never use Twitter so don't understand it's workings

Not a problem. You just follow people and if they like a tweet or comment on one etc you get told on your feed as it may be of mutual interest sort of thing.

Its alright - better than listening to the missus bang on !!

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

Basically the online equivalent of shaking the opponent's hand after the match. I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever. In fact, it's a nice example of decent sportsmanship in an era where it often goes out the window.

2 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Basically the online equivalent of shaking the opponent's hand after the match. I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever. In fact, it's a nice example of decent sportsmanship in an era where it often goes out the window.

Fair point and good to get feedback hence raising the point - ie to debate.

Find it disappointing that you then choose to add a rubbish mark to the original post - to me they are just a way to close debate.

Each to their own I guess.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Find it disappointing that you then choose to add a rubbish mark to the original post - to me they are just a way to close debate.

Perhaps we need a bollocks to the rubbish icon !

'Like' on twitter doesn't always mean 'like'.

It means, I agree or that's funny, fair enough, OK, even a sarcastic dig sometimes - i've read this and i'll remember it - and many more.

Point is i'm sure he isn't sat 'liking'  the fact his mate beat us, just probably being sportsman like.

Fair enough - it certainly wasn't an offensive tweet about BCFC, we aren't even mentioned. Bolton played well and it was a good win for them. Fair play.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Apologies, perhaps I was a bit too hasty! I've removed the reaction. In fairness, I did also see the tweet and think it was certainly unusual, but unusual in a good way, imo. Good to see such grace.

4 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Apologies, perhaps I was a bit too hasty! I've removed the reaction. In fairness, I did also see the tweet and think it was certainly unusual, but unusual in a good way, imo. Good to see such grace.

So now we need a retraction to the bollocks to the rubbish icon as well.  I'm getting confused !!!!

Having a shite day and the pubs looking good me thinks.

4 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

All good - thanks.

Interesting issue I think as the danger of social media is always prevalent.

My actual concern is people on Twitter pick this up as you get a fairly balanced view on here but you get some real dicks on there who may go at him a bit harshly which is not what he needs.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

All good - thanks.

Interesting issue I think as the danger of social media is always prevalent.

My actual concern is people on Twitter pick this up as you get a fairly balanced view on here but you get some real dicks on there who may go at him a bit harshly which is not what he needs.

Very true - it's a lot easier to say something harsh or offensive on Twitter and receive no backlash for it; at least on here you're somewhat more accountable!

At the end of the day, I think if anyone were to get particularly *angered* over what Walsh has done, they need to take a step back and realise that all he did for this to occur was make a single tap on a tiny little heart button while scrolling through many many other tweets in his feed. I doubt he even really thought about people taking his actions the wrong way before he clicked. And why would he? In the grand scheme of things, liking things on Twitter means very little.

Does explain why often famous journalists, TV personalites, other celebrities, etc, are forced to put in their Twitter bio, "Views my own not of my employer", "Retweets/likes are not endorsements", etc, etc, just to avoid the trolls and idiots taking things out of context.

14 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

'Like' on twitter doesn't always mean 'like'.

It means, I agree or that's funny, fair enough, OK, even a sarcastic dig sometimes - i've read this and i'll remember it - and many more.

Point is i'm sure he isn't sat 'liking'  the fact his mate beat us, just probably being sportsman like.

Fair enough - it certainly wasn't an offensive tweet about BCFC, we aren't even mentioned. Bolton played well and it was a good win for them. Fair play.

Bit like the emojis on here.  Sometimes ‘like’ isn’t what your really want to use, but it’s the nearest option.

I hit the ‘like’ emoji on here for things I don’t necessarily like or agree with, but I appreciate the view of the poster, even if different to mine.

The joys of social media.

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Or it is what it is, he’s liking his mates tweet.

no different to what they would have said too each other after the game!

the players like tomlin stuff on instagrams all the time... and no doubt if mark little or wilbraham had of posted something last night pack, Flint, smith etc would all have liked it...

Nothing to see here, at all. He doesn’t need speaking to about this 

You seem to forget that some people don’t understand footballers are just a average person like me and you with a talent to play football

Archived