IGNORED

Joe Bryan v Bolton

aa_bcfc

6 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

There were other players that could have tackeled him as well, not just Bryan. 

Course but Bryan’s challenge was crucial as that allowed Ameobi to run free at us, by then we’re in big trouble. 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Therearea lot of winter bugs around at the moment. Footballers get them too. Maybe one or two of them were not feeling 100% or maybe some were carrying niggles. It happens.

TBH though, it did look like Bolton wanted it more,but again the refereeing didn't help.

I thought at the start that the formation was wrong. Korey at RB ruins our midfield and Ithink we have actually been playing better without a target man.

Hope they are all wound up and better prepared for the next 3 games.

Your right beter without deidou and korey needs to be in middle .bang on you are

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

He could have just had a bad game?

He could be nursing a knock or illness - Taylor was playing for a while without his hernia issues being common knowledge?

Or perhaps he was eyeing a big move. Let’s not deny he has been superb this year and some big teams have been rumoured to be after him. Honestly, if I was him, I’d want a move that move, even given our current season. Quadruple your wages and status, no brainier. 

And let’s be honest, I think his relationship with the fans is a funny one. Although we sing his name and that he is one of our own now, well he is one player who has taken a hell of a lot of stick from the fans over the years. He has in turn always held us at arms length, never really embracing us like some players do. His “this time last year I was a fraud” tweet also says a lot about how he feels about the fans. Even as a joke, he is trying to make a point, it feels like there is/was some resentment there.

Perhaps he was seriously eyeing up that move, already had a deposit ready for a new 720S and a nice house on the Wirral, then it didn’t materialise.....?

Funny you see it like that, because I've always felt the same way. You've just got to look at the body language and facial expression.

When he scores, and celebrates, it never looks like 'C'mon get in, that's one for the team and fans'...more like 'get in, stuff you lot after all the abuse'...like he's making a point.

When you compare it with other players, it does come across differently.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funny you see it like that, because I've always felt the same way. You've just got to look at the body language and facial expression.

When he scores, and celebrates, it never looks like 'C'mon get in, that's one for the team and fans'...more like 'get in, stuff you lot after all the abuse'...like he's making a point.

When you compare it with other players, it does come across differently.

Nobody says he doesn’t love this club but because he is one of our own doesn’t mean he can be avoiding criticism surely 

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Get a grip. Even Messi has bad games.

Why is it that certain people cannot handle other people's opinions and illustrate it with disrespect like this? This forum, in case you forgot, is all about opinions. Bryan has been off his game for more than just last night but even if he hadn't been why not counter the OP's opinion with something a tad more respectful; you are suggesting he has lost his senses which is out of order.

16 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Why is it that certain people cannot handle other people's opinions and illustrate it with disrespect like this? This forum, in case you forgot, is all about opinions. Bryan has been off his game for more than just last night but even if he hadn't been why not counter the OP's opinion with something a tad more respectful; you are suggesting he has lost his senses which is out of order.

You are correct but Blimey he only said messi has bad games

32 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Erm, haven’t you just called the kettle black?  

I love Joe. At his best , and he is more consistently at his best this season, he is a top rate footballer, be it Left Back or Left Midfield . 

But even on his good days he seems to have a spell during most games where he seems to switch off  for a minute or so. He can be lackadaisical. I’m sure the management team must mention this to him. I hope he takes it on board and improves as a result.

31 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Bad team performance,  no need to play the individual blame game. Move on innit bruvs 

Many years ago, I read a newspaper interview with a player from one of the great Liverpool sides at a time when they were going through an off patch. One reported comment stuck in my mind. I’d forgotten about it, but it came back to me as I was scrolling through this thread. The player said (I’m afraid I can’t remember who it was) that the flak coming from the fans - which was of unbelievable intensity considering they were the best team in the country at the time - was mostly directed at the most talented players. He said, memorably, “if you’re useless, they tend to leave you alone “. I don’t think anyone who played for Liverpool then could remotely have been called useless, but the point was clear. It seemed relevant to the mauling that Joe is being subjected to just now.....

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I can. I can't handle people over thinking things like he had his head turned (despite there being no rumour of a bid like there was Flint and Brighton). The guy was on a yellow card, decided against taking a red, bad decision as it turned out due to a goal and over the course of 90 minutes he was poor. To suggest that he had his head turned for no apparent reason... Ha. Get a grip.

By the way, pot kettle black - re read your post.

We all love Joe when he goes on an attacking run, taking on defenders and making a shot or cross. What I don't like is the times he gets to the halfway line with space in front of him, then stops, turns round, and plays the ball back to Flint/Bailey/ Maggs/Baker, whoever. Its a frustrating trait because he has such attacking skill. Last night against Bolton it was like there was a brick wall on halfway that he could not/ would not  pass. I know he was in an attacking position when he missed the tackle that led to the goal, but he then jogged back in the hope that someone else would atone for his error. On his day he is Premiership class but last night something affected his game. His early booking was a rash challenge that early in the game, maybe that cost him his confidence, but he was poor from that point. If he gets upset by criticism on this forum then perhaps he should not follow it.

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Erm, haven’t you just called the kettle black?  

8 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I can. I can't handle people over thinking things like he had his head turned (despite there being no rumour of a bid like there was Flint and Brighton). The guy was on a yellow card, decided against taking a red, bad decision as it turned out due to a goal and over the course of 90 minutes he was poor. To suggest that he had his head turned for no apparent reason... Ha. Get a grip.

By the way, pot kettle black - re read your post.

I am not contradicting myself if that is what you guys are referring to. 

i just think perhaps Lee made a mistake in not substituting Joe. The yellow card obviously affected his play , and now he appears to be the scapegoat.  It's a team game and collectively the team were poor. I'm glad they are going to Dubai it will get them away from all this  negativity. I thought our motto was Always believe.

Joe, like many in Lee’s team, is probably below par in terms of the average height and weight of a Championship player. 

If you are a relative ‘lightweight’ you need to use that as an attribute in terms of speed of movement, thought and balance. Critically, be constantly ‘on your toes’ .. fleet of foot.

Like several of our ‘lightweights’ , they seem to have gone a bit flat-footed and leaden-legged recently. 

This break will help, but do you know what and in all seriousness, I would get a classical dance teacher in for a few sessions. Get them on their toes again. I know it’s a technique that has been tried in several professional clubs with some success. 

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Joe, like many in Lee’s team, is probably below par in terms of the average height and weight of a Championship player. 

If you are a relative ‘lightweight’ you need to use that as an attribute in terms of speed of movement, thought and balance. Critically, be constantly ‘on your toes’ .. fleet of foot.

Like several of our ‘lightweights’ , they seem to have gone a bit flat-footed and leaden-legged recently. 

This break will help, but do you know what and in all seriousness, I would get a classical dance teacher in for a few sessions. Get them on their toes again. I know it’s a technique that has been tried in several professional clubs with some success. 

Damned if I can see a correlation between height, weight and success. WBA currently bottom of the EPL are one of England's biggest teams while  one of the smallest in Europe is top.

Gamespeed is affected also by the opponent. Sit deep as teams do v Bristol City and deny space this disrupts BCFC tempo. City's wide players v Bolton had nowhere to go as they were outnumbered, leading to start again and a drop in tempo. Bryan barely played a penetrative pass because his options were shut.

At present City do look leggy, but area for improvement leading to more energy in game speed could have been recruitment. The CB's playing at full back with respects to them as the good players they are look like the proverbial square pegs in ... Opponents are happy to overload in midfield and let the full backs have it knowing they lack incision. 

Archived