IGNORED

Vyner

ollywhyte

I watched the Plymouth game today (5 mins from my house) and Vyner was excellent. Fans around me seemed to have really taken to him. What he doesn't have in size and strength he well and truelly makes up for in footballing ability, had an experienced and strong Danny Graham in his back pocket until he was taken of at half time, probably for just that reason.

You can tell he's a cut above from the way he brings the ball out calmly from the back, also appeared to have a voice in terms of organising the defence. Honestly think he could be a real star for us, saw a totally different side to him today. 100% a centre half.

On another note Derrick Williams was also very composed and looked a real player for Blackburn. I'd have happily had either Zak or Del starting for us at CB vs Bolton, allowing Korey to retain his CM spot actually! 

14 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

I watched the Plymouth game today (5 mins from my house) and Vyner was excellent. Fans around me seemed to have really taken to him. What he doesn't have in size and strength he well and truelly makes up for in footballing ability, had an experienced and strong Danny Graham in his back pocket until he was taken of at half time, probably for just that reason.

You can tell he's a cut above from the way he brings the ball out calmly from the back, also appeared to have a voice in terms of organising the defence. Honestly think he could be a real star for us, saw a totally different side to him today. 100% a centre half.

On another note Derrick Williams was also very composed and looked a real player for Blackburn. I'd have happily had either Zak or Del starting for us at CB vs Bolton, allowing Korey to retain his CM spot actually! 

Great result for Plymouth, turning things around plans to complete the ground things looking up for them.

Lived a lot of years in South Devon in fact the first game I took my son to was at Home Park. Luckily he wasn't converted to the Green army!! 

Anyway for me over the last 45 years they have been more of a rival than the Blue few. If we don't go up in the next two years, would have them back down the gate again as the second  biggest team in the west country!!!

17 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Thanks for the update.

16 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Good news about Vyner. Thanks for the update. He's always been a centre half - think Louis Carey - and playing at Right back was just a way of learning the ropes, it's the same thing Carey did after all.

Yeah, I’ve only seen him play "out of position" at RB.

9 hours ago, NewquayRed said:

Can we call him back ?

No.

Imo, Vyner and Kelly are going to be excellent players. Maybe the best we have ever produced, they have the talent if developed properly.

A lot will depend on what league we are playing in before we see them play long term for us....that's how I see it.

If we were to go up...loaned out again to who? What league? How would they get that fast tack to the first team if we did go up...or even if we stay in the Championship?

League 1 or 2 to top Championship side or lower Prem...a difficult route to find.

I guess Reid could be a case.

11 hours ago, spudski said:

Imo, Vyner and Kelly are going to be excellent players. Maybe the best we have ever produced, they have the talent if developed properly.

A lot will depend on what league we are playing in before we see them play long term for us....that's how I see it.

If we were to go up...loaned out again to who? What league? How would they get that fast tack to the first team if we did go up...or even if we stay in the Championship?

League 1 or 2 to top Championship side or lower Prem...a difficult route to find.

I guess Reid could be a case.

Agreed, I'd like to go and see a Plymouth game to get a better look at Vyner at CB but Kelly puts me in the mind of a classy centre half. He has some of the intricacies of defending down, and for such a young age I think it's very ******* impressive.

A lot will depend on their attitudes here, they WILL be given a chance, they just need to seize it. There is always a route for the most talented young players at clubs that emphasise their development.

I was talking to an Argyle fan today who went on Saturday and he was very impressed with Zac as he was with the whole side - outsiders for the playoffs now which is unbelievable given their shocking start.

He also appreciated us helping them out in their hour of need by sending him down early after Ryan Edwards`s cancer diagnosis - it appears his operation went well although it`s still early days.

15 hours ago, hodge said:

If we don't go up and Flint is sold in the summer, Wright/Baker first choice with Vyner and Mags as back up for RCB and LCB respectively? 

Not against that tbh. Wonder how far behind Moore and Plavotic are considered.

7 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Would rather sell Magnússon.

I like him , and I think there could be a good player there if he could just cut out those mistakes. I thought he'd started to look decent and form a good left side with JB.
But I think you might get your wish in the summer. He'll want to play more and even if he has a good World Cup, his only way of getting a regular start for us is if people leave.

20 hours ago, The Bard said:

Reading that makes me wonder why he hasn't played more this season.  If he'd been trusted at RB, maybe we wouldn't have had last Friday for example

Doing well at Argyle will be excellent experience for Vyner. He's playing regular competitive men's football and like Bryan and Reid will benefit hugely in terms of learning the game.

Its obvious that LJ and his coaches don't feel that Vyner is yet ready for the Championship but if he continues to impress down there he could well do enough to change their minds.

Vyner is out of contract this summer according to a Transfermarkt, but you’d imagine we either have an option or will want to sort something ASAP.

Re Centre Backs, I see no rush with Zak, he’ll probably start to fill out a fit, gain strength etc.  If that takes another season, so be it...think he might be one for the long game....albeit the loan at Plymouth might speed that process up.

Difficult balancing act between going out in loan and being a fringe player, especially when they is no short term loan or recall these days (caveat, half way through a season long loan).  Might depend what division / league we are in!

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I never thought Vyner would be a centre back as websites like wiki had him down as only being 5 foot 10, even though I am sure he has always looked taller than that. Well now they say he is 6 foot 2, which is much more like it. I think it looks like he has everything to be a top centre back. Once he has more experience and has put on some more muscle, he could be real quality. He has a bit of nastiness about him, which I like. And seems to read the game well and has good pace and technique.

From the little I've seen, he reminds me of a Curtis Davies type CB.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I never thought Vyner would be a centre back as websites like wiki had him down as only being 5 foot 10, even though I am sure he has always looked taller than that. Well now they say he is 6 foot 2, which is much more like it. I think it looks like he has everything to be a top centre back. Once he has more experience and has put on some more muscle, he could be real quality. He has a bit of nastiness about him, which I like. And seems to read the game well and has good pace and technique.

See, that’s what I think he lacks, and it also appears like Johnson feels the same way, according to some of his interviews about Zak. 

Archived