IGNORED

The first potential double double relegation?

Lanterne Rouge

If Sunderland and Hull were to go down this season would it be the first time that the same two teams had both been relegated twice consecutively? It must be the first time it`s happened to two ex-premier league clubs I should think. There are plenty of single ones (Wigan for instance) who`ve gone down two seasons running but I don`t think there`s ever been two.

42 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If Sunderland and Hull were to go down this season would it be the first time that the same two teams had both been relegated twice consecutively? It must be the first time it`s happened to two ex-premier league clubs I should think. There are plenty of single ones (Wigan for instance) who`ve gone down two seasons running but I don`t think there`s ever been two.

Sorry RRH, but Wigan weren't relegated in consecutive seasons.

Despite dropping out of the Premier League in 2012/13 following their FA Cup triumph against Man City, the Latics returned to Wembley the following season as a Championship side in the Semi Final, losing to Arsenal on penalties.

Sadly, they couldn't return for the Play-Off Final after QPR sneaked past them over two legs.

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry RRH, but Wigan weren't relegated in consecutive seasons.

Despite dropping out of the Premier League in 2012/13 following their FA Cup triumph against Man City, the Latics returned to Wembley the following season as a Championship side in the Semi Final, losing to Arsenal on penalties.

Sadly, they couldn't return for the Play-Off Final after QPR sneaked past them over two legs.

Fair enough, my mistake. 

Archived