IGNORED

Leeds manager sacked!

BanburyRed

17 hours ago, petehinton said:

Doesn’t mean anything. Just that Leeds will pay more compensation. 

Not for me. Win win. Do well and his stock will be unbelievably high. Do poorly, and he’ll just be seen as another good manager become  Leeds manager & struggle, get sacked, nice pay off, go straight into another mid/lower mid championship team. 

Not this time I would think. It's a very distasteful way to go and everyone in football can see what his motivation for going to Leeds is - you've just outlined it above, he wants a pay day. No-one can believe they can eventually be the ones to succeed at Leeds so I am not buying any of that.

I think chairmen will see him for what he's worth. What's worse, he hasn't actually achieved much in the game to be fair, Barnsley league 1 promotion and JPT from part way through the campaign and maintenance of Championship status is not to be sniffed at, but I don't think it puts him very high on many Championship board lists - Leeds aside obviously.

I think this will be one he really regrets. I'd be surprised if his next job is much better than a struggling League One side.

20 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Not this time I would think. It's a very distasteful way to go and everyone in football can see what his motivation for going to Leeds is - you've just outlined it above, he wants a pay day. No-one can believe they can eventually be the ones to succeed at Leeds so I am not buying any of that.

I think chairmen will see him for what he's worth. What's worse, he hasn't actually achieved much in the game to be fair, Barnsley league 1 promotion and JPT from part way through the campaign and maintenance of Championship status is not to be sniffed at, but I don't think it puts him very high on many Championship board lists - Leeds aside obviously.

I think this will be one he really regrets. I'd be surprised if his next job is much better than a struggling League One side.

Agreed.  See Uwe Rosler (back in L1) and Gary Monk (out of work and career on a downward spiral )

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh dear! I'm not surprised they are fuming…taking all the coaching staff too. :argh:

I don't know anything about PH as a coach/manager so can't really comment on his appointment at Leeds. Good luck to him.

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Oh dear! I'm not surprised they are fuming…taking all the coaching staff too. :argh:

I don't know anything about PH as a coach/manager so can't really comment on his appointment at Leeds. Good luck to him.

Just a thought, if ever came the time for Lee Johnson to leave do you think he would take all his backroom staff?

6 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Just a thought, if ever came the time for Lee Johnson to leave do you think he would take all his backroom staff?

The time will come - it always does.

I would imagine he would if he was leaving to join another club unless,

1. The other club insisted he worked with who was already there. Not likely but possible.

2. One of the existing coaches was offered the top job.

20 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Holden yes, Jamie McAllister, no.... I think he will be our next manager.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Holden yes, Jamie McAllister, no.... I think he will be our next manager.

I agree, imagine getting a halftime hairdryer treatment from him!

If we keep the current way of doing things, I wouldn't be surprised to see our next cycle of managers be internal appointments..

Johnson -> McAllister -> Skuse -> Pack -> Bryan - between now and 2030 :P

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we keep the current way of doing things, I wouldn't be surprised to see our next cycle of managers be internal appointments..

By 20:30 the 4 shortest Managers ever better not put them on 4 year contracts

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Did they seriously think ‘Hecky’ was going to take them to the premier league? Delusions of grandeur much?

They're punching bring a lower end championship club. 

Unlike us, they have been in the Premier League already.

I would agree that it seems unlikely in current circumstances but they have a habit of finding good players so I wouldn't rule them out of having a season like ours when the slate is wiped in August.  Long shot but not impossible.

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

Unlike us, they have been in the Premier League already.

I would agree that it seems unlikely in current circumstances but they have a habit of finding good players so I wouldn't rule them out of having a season like ours when the slate is wiped in August.  Long shot but not impossible.

Indeed they have but at present they are nowhere near able to compete for that IMO so I’m surprised to hear a Barnsley fan seemingly serious that he thought they’d be in the Prem under ‘Ecky. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed they have but at present they are nowhere near able to compete for that IMO so I’m surprised to hear a Barnsley fan seemingly serious that he thought they’d be in the Prem under ‘Ecky. 

Completely agree with you especially as relegation looks far more likely at present.

Previous owner Patrick Cryne sold them to a Chinese billionaire when his fight against cancer was seemingly over.  Sometimes billionaires like to spend their money (eg Manchester City).  Sometimes billionaires like to use the phrase "it takes time" while they fail to build a new stadium, sell the club's best players, spend nothing and look for the exit (eg Bristol Rovers).

I've no idea what the Tykes' fans were promised but every club has a few deluded fans.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You forgot Korey. he comes in between Skuse and Pack.

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

Fair points but I don’t think there’s a manager out there who would be a Barnsley manager and reject taking over at Leeds. Much bigger job on every level.  

Time will tell. 

• Admin

If you're bored you could do worse than go and browse the Barnsley forum. After two years of giving LJ zero credit it was now his team that Hecky took up and LJ who got them to the final. There's even some twat who seems dejected that Hecky doesn't have any sons to give some grief to 

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

If you're bored you could do worse than go and browse the Barnsley forum. After two years of giving LJ zero credit it was now his team that Hecky took up and LJ who got them to the final. There's even some **** who seems dejected that Hecky doesn't have any sons to give some grief to 

They seem to have a thousand threads with a couple of replies each, is there a main one I can have a laugh at?  Bugger all  on telly.

Wonder if they’ll try and survive this season, and then go for Mick McCarthy...ex-Barnsley player.  He’s out of contract at Ipswich in the summer and made it clear he doesn’t want a new deal.  If I were Barnsley I would use Heckingbottom money to get MM now

Archived