IGNORED

Brian Tinnion interview on Radio Bristol

Never to the dark side

It's pretty clear from listening to BT that the football management of the club is in good hands. Very professional and dedicated. And all pulling in the same direction. So if results don't go as well as we were hoping for the first team for the rest of the season (I said if, I still expect us to finish strongly) then I'll take solace that the club is still going in the right direction.

One comment I'll take away is that BT realised after three months in the job that being the gaffer was not for him, but he was 'stuck with it'.

Interview on catch up for anyone that wants a listen here

A fabulous interview by Geoff Twentyman and was great to hear the superb work Brian undertakes for the club.

Listening to Brian and the vision of the club having a stream of local players pulling on the red and white is a great vision and would love it to become a reality.

it did make me think about what success would look like for Bristol City. Is it a future in the premiership with players from around the UK/Europe?

Alternatively is it a competitive Championship club with a pipeline of local talent? 

1 hour ago, Beni71 said:

it did make me think about what success would look like for Bristol City. Is it a future in the premiership with players from around the UK/Europe?

Alternatively is it a competitive Championship club with a pipeline of local talent? 

Good question.  As long as the football was decent, I'd take the second option.

11 hours ago, Beni71 said:

A fabulous interview by Geoff Twentyman and was great to hear the superb work Brian undertakes for the club.

Listening to Brian and the vision of the club having a stream of local players pulling on the red and white is a great vision and would love it to become a reality.

10 years ago when we played Hull, pretty well every City fans was excited at the prospect of Premier League football.

With the way the prem has gone in the last decade I suspect that there are a growing number of fans who might not be unhappy with your second option. 

A third option would be an even better one. A team built with a pipeline of local talent and a few more experienced ( including foreign) players reaching the prem and, as we have done with Watford, Stoke , Palace and Man U & Man C, being competitive. A pipe dream perhaps, but surely one of the joys of football is being able to dream. 

On 05/02/2018 at 19:03, kiwicolin said:

Brilliant show.  Brian Tinnion is doing a fine job with the youngsters.  Loves City and loves his job.  If you missed it, go onto BBC Radio Bristol and play it again. Worth a listen. 

Couldn’t agree more.  I listened to that one and the BCTV one last night.  Despite his dour northern voice, it somehow gets across a massive passion for City and his job.  Sometimes you’re not cut out to be a manager, but he has found a niche role that seems a great fit for him and us.  I like his honesty, e.g. Lukic, but it was done without slagging the player off.

I think we are lucky to have him in this role....it isn’t just a job to him....you can tell. 

Archived