IGNORED

peter shilton wants to know if he should accept maradunna invitation

Never to the dark side

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Colin Gordon?!

Daniel

from wiki

"He scored three goals in 32 matches in the 2013–14 season, including the only goal of the game with Bristol Rovers to relegate Rovers out of the Football League on 3 May.[19] This goal ensured him of a warm welcome at Bristol City, despite him never playing for the club"

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Daniel

from wiki

"He scored three goals in 32 matches in the 2013–14 season, including the only goal of the game with Bristol Rovers to relegate Rovers out of the Football League on 3 May.[19] This goal ensured him of a warm welcome at Bristol City, despite him never playing for the club"

Of course! I’m too used to the unfunny comedians on here referring to our severnside cousins’ manager as Colin....but the Colin Daniel strike will obviously always be a special one.....although I did go berserk when Colin Gordon scored that vital goal for us vs Donny Rovers....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course! I’m too used to the unfunny comedians on here referring to our severnside cousins’ manager as Colin....but the Colin Daniel strike will obviously always be a special one.....although I did go berserk when Colin Gordon scored that vital goal for us vs Donny Rovers....

I like that Colin as well, as much as you want to slap him, punch him, shoot him, he does the job well (performance not quite so well) but he is paid to keep the sheep worriers up and he is doing it

If I was Maradona , I'm not , I would tell Shilton not to bother coming because he is no longer welcome.

What sort of person goes public over an invitation ? 

You accept , you decline but you don't make a big deal out of it .

Who knows perhaps Maradona wanted to make a personal apology after all this time ? 

Doubtful I know but Shilton has shown himself to be less of a gentleman than the Argentinian and that takes some doing .

17 hours ago, shelts said:

Unfortunately the horse has bolted on that one . I would have nothing to do with it if I was Pete . Maradona will be remembered as a drug cheat in my eyes up with the Lance Armstrong’s and Ben Johnsons of this world .  

How come The Lance Armstrongs of the world (love this expression, when it's about just ONE person :facepalm: ) get a rogue apostrophe, yet the Ben Johnsons of the world don't? 

I bet ALL of the Ben Johnsons are now feeling decidedly left out! 

#weneedapostropheequality

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If I was Maradona , I'm not , I would tell Shilton not to bother coming because he is no longer welcome.

What sort of person goes public over an invitation ? 

You accept , you decline but you don't make a big deal out of it .

Who knows perhaps Maradona wanted to make a personal apology after all this time ? 

Doubtful I know but Shilton has shown himself to be less of a gentleman than the Argentinian and that takes some doing .

further, what kind of person holds a public poll to decide if he should bury the hatchet over something that happened in a football game 30 odd years ago. Imagine finding out someone came to your party only after he held a vote on facebook - I'd bloody well lamp them for being a cheeky, disrespectful so and so :D 

As for Maradona cheating - I'd damn well stick the ball in the net with my hand if it meant beating rovers to get to a semi-final, and I imagine the majority on here would do so as well. 

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Pretty much everyone has got over the infamous "hand of god" all except Stilton it seems..........:facepalm:

So Maradona is/was a cheating bastard - so what?

Its in the Latino psyche to try and con the referee. They see it as an achievement and the Argies loved it when Maradona handled the ball into the net. It raised his hero status even higher

**** Maradona. The way he's fawned over, the bloke is a cheat, on several fronts. I was 13 in '86, he broke my heart. I'll never forgive him for that. The second goal was absolute genius though

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That moment when CG got that goal, that's up there with the best memories I have in my time

Unfortunately the horse has bolted on that one . I would have nothing to do with it if I was Pete . Maradona will be remembered as a drug cheat in my eyes up with the Lance Armstrong’s and Ben Johnsons of this world .  

And he used to be the only member of Havana Golf Club allowed to use a buggy churning up the fairways so bad for us mere mortals. Mind you I did enjoy barracking him directly over it. Lovely chap in the flesh.

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

And he used to be the only member of Havana Golf Club allowed to use a buggy churning up the fairways so bad for us mere mortals. Mind you I did enjoy barracking him directly over it. Lovely chap in the flesh.

Name dropper ...

not you but Maradona who often tells this story about how Havanatopia used to barrack him for his golf cart .

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Pretty much everyone has got over the infamous "hand of god" all except Stilton it seems..........:facepalm:

So Maradona is/was a cheating bastard - so what?

Its in the Latino psyche to try and con the referee. They see it as an achievement and the Argies loved it when Maradona handled the ball into the net. It raised his hero status even higher

I think its more the fact that he got beaten in the air by a bloke that couldn't tap him on the head if he tried 

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I’m glad you’ve met him and he’s lovely chap as he was on my hit list next to Margaret Thatcher!!

7 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

How come The Lance Armstrongs of the world (love this expression, when it's about just ONE person :facepalm: ) get a rogue apostrophe, yet the Ben Johnsons of the world don't? 

I bet ALL of the Ben Johnsons are now feeling decidedly left out! 

#weneedapostropheequality

I’m a wrong un 

On 05/02/2018 at 19:15, MC RISK77 said:

Diego Maradona is still the greatest player ever for me even though messi tests my resolve every week

It's a difficult one to judge because in those days they played the game at half the speed they do today. But for me, Messi is better than Maradona was - and by some distance

On 06/02/2018 at 11:59, Major Isewater said:

Name dropper ...

not you but Maradona who often tells this story about how Havanatopia used to barrack him for his golf cart .

What is the salacious gossip? prey do tell !

I’m glad you’ve met him and he’s lovely chap as he was on my hit list next to Margaret Thatcher!!

Does that mean he is off it then?! 

Archived