IGNORED

Harry Kane - Dive or fouled!

Denbury Red

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Minor touch when running at speed is enough to send a player to the ground

This is sometimes true when someone is running at full sprint speed and the touch catches them at the wrong point in their stride.  It is not true with anything like the frequency that it is used to excuse blatant diving.  Otherwise you'd see players falling over like this everywhere else on the pitch but they seem to do it around the opponent's 18 yard box about ten times as often.  Funny that eh?

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

Thinking of going watch Bristol Flyers

Basketball is also a non contact sport

Do it.....great night out!

Some of the opposition, especially a big old unit from Newcastle Eagles is the worst at making a meal of any contact, and influencing the referee.

3 hours ago, Nibor said:

100% dive.  Every player should be making every effort to stay on their feet at all times and carry on.  Any little bit less is cheating.

I hope he's punished retrospectively but I suspect he won't be.  I still think the only way to stop this will be to put massive retrospective bans on it.

It's a shame Alli got booked rather than punished retrospectively, his embarrassing dive was worth a good five game ban.

Oh don't worry, I'm sure Tottenham are dealing with Dele, especially after a certain video got leaked on Twitter last night... the mucky sod.

16 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Oh don't worry, I'm sure Tottenham are dealing with Dele, especially after a certain video got leaked on Twitter last night... the mucky sod.

Did he go down after minimal contact?

22 hours ago, Enoch said:

The problem is now most pundits are agreeing that if a player feels a touch, they are entitled to go down. 

There's always a Great sense of entitlement in the premier league, usually reinforced by our knowledgeable tv pundits!

20 hours ago, Nibor said:

And Deulofeu dives again tonight for Watford in a match where they've already benefited from the softest second yellow you'll ever see.  Mind you any side with Hazard and Fabregas in deserves it.

Deulofeu had both feet off the ground, was already in a superman pose before he connected with the keeper's shoulder, yet everyone said it was a clear pen! I wonder if it would have been allowed by VAR?

22 hours ago, Enoch said:

The problem is now most pundits are agreeing that if a player feels a touch, they are entitled to go down. 

They are just pundits for a tv show, when has their point been more valid than the referees.

It gets my back up when at half or full time, these so called experts give their view after watching 20 replays from different angles........ in slow motion! 

Perhaps some of them should try refereeing a game and then give their opinions!. 

As Esmond says further up the page, these pundits are on the Sky gravy train, Sky want to run football, from choosing kick off times to having their cameras used for refereeing decisions. They also like to think we hang on every word of their pundits, I certainly don’t!

Archived