IGNORED

Cardiff Home End

BCFC1512

I’m going. My first time at Cardiff away at this ground or Tinnion Park. Really odd to think I’ve been to Newcastle, Sunderland and ‘Boro etc  but never done the short trip to Cardiff. I understand it’s not a great experience, but just wanted to do it once and tick it off.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Doesn’t help spouting this on here mind you.

I’m not that bothered as i’ll be able to keep my emotions in check, my only problem will be if someone asks me the time!! Personally I don’t have problems with away fans in home ends as long as they show respect

A BCFC fan I know (and no, really it's not me!) will be there in the home end, he lives in Wales and has a ticket courtesy of his friend, a Cardiff season ticket holder. If I did want to get in the home end  I would just get my Dad who lives in South Wales to get the ticket.

Unfortunately I'm going to be working in the Phillipines that week.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Me and another already have tickets for the home end, will be respectful though as it’s not something I necessarily agree with, my son is in Uni over there and said that he can get as many tickets as I want. 

Good luck if we score 

12 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Based on this... https://cardiffcityhospitality.com/hospitality-match-match/

As a category A match, which it is, it'd be £990+VAT (so just shy of £1200) - with up to 15 guests. £80 a head. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Do we have 15 ... Imagine the scenes as we score a 90th minute winner and have Cardiff fans below us

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Well, we can ask...........

@JulieH 

What’s yours and the SAG’s thoughts on tens, nay, potentially hundreds of Bristol City fans purchasing tickets for the Cardiff areas? 

Thank you for asking.

i don’t know the sags view I am afraid 

my view and that of South Wales police no doubt will be that this is something that can add to the threat of disorder. If you read through previous threads on this forum when big games happen at the gate home fans quite rightly get very irate at the threat of this happening. It causes or can lead to disorder even if you just sit there with your hands under your legs and not speaking! 

There will be no transfers to the away area

if you get found out before the game or on entry there will be no refunds ( as per conditions on the back of the ticket) 

this fixture is the opportunity to show that without any restrictions at all it can be reasonably trouble free , it is a step closer to a bigger allocation next time around if the game is the only thing we are talking about after , having away fans in home areas is not something that helps provide a peaceful event . 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

my view and that of South Wales police no doubt will be that this is something that can add to the threat of disorder. If you read through previous threads on this forum when big games happen at the gate home fans quite rightly get very irate at the threat of this happening. It causes or can lead to disorder even if you just sit there with your hands under your legs and not speaking! 

if you get found out before the game or on entry there will be no refunds ( as per conditions on the back of the ticket) 

this fixture is the opportunity to show that without any restrictions at all it can be reasonably trouble free , it is a step closer to a bigger allocation next time around if the game is the only thing we are talking about after , having away fans in home areas is not something that helps provide a peaceful event . 

Doesn't cut he mustard for me I'm afraid Julie.

I know it's not your decision so I'm not aiming this solely at you but how on earth have they come to this decision and concluded there'll be less aggro on the day? All it's done is get people's backs up and forced people to go into the home ends, which they will.

This fixture being an "opportunity" to show we can be "well behaved" is a ridiculous way of putting it. 99% of us were well behaved last year, a steward got injured and there were a few handbags on the main road after the game but nothing like previous years at Ninian.

If a few fans decide to go and play up are we all going to be punished again the year after? I forgot to add that there's every chance we won't even be in the same division next year, which makes an even bigger mockery of the statement.

I bloody well hope the club are still pushing for tickets, and it seems so with the lack of selling out announcement.

5 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

If only there was a way to reduce the risk of away fans in home areas....

8 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

My serious response to this is to ask why it took until 3 weeks before a game to agree the ticketing strategy for a fixture known about 9 months earlier? And why a reciprocal agreement to ensure fair and equal treatment of both sets of fans wasn’t agreed at the start of the season - before we gave Cardiff an allocation nearly  3 times that given to us.

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

Other than the restrictions to the number of supporters who can attend, increasing the likelihood of away fans in the home end and thereby increasing the chance of unrest? Not trying to hold you accountable, but that doesn't stack up, does it?

Seems a bit like the Heddlu would like to get their numbers up.

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

"Without any restrictions at all.."  apart from us being restricted to only 1481 tickets that is.  Cardiff got twice as many when they came here, how come we seemingly have more to prove than they do?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I’m going. My first time at Cardiff away at this ground or Tinnion Park. Really odd to think I’ve been to Newcastle, Sunderland and ‘Boro etc  but never done the short trip to Cardiff. I understand it’s not a great experience, but just wanted to do it once and tick it off.

The new ground is a walk in the park compared to my six trips to Ninian Park....vile atmosphere back then....

15 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

You seem to be a sensible person so I hope your able to push this somehow, you are being told that it’s easy for people to get tickets for this game, (easier than other grounds without doubt).

why on earth when there will be 10000 empty spaces are the police prepared to let this happen and potentially cause more issues than there has to be? 

Nobody wants to sit In the home end if they can help it. 

16 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

No doubt some City fans will just travel over for the day with others, not attending the game but drinking all day? Surely they wouldn’t want drunk lads on the street of Cardiff, potentially? 

This whole thing will only make matters worse.

Archived