IGNORED

Will he be sacked

Redmycolour

Well if it didn't happen last time what makes you even contemplate it happening this time?

As a semi serious response and trying to take your post at face value I would say it's not about the results its about whatever the problem is. If it happens and turns out to be the players have a problem with LJ or LJ has done something seriously wrong (such as signing players but also making himself thier agent so he can make some quick money) then I would say this would get him the sack. The results alone are not enough if everything else is still going in the correct direction, which I think it is.

Seriously we should really employ AI or some sort of sentiment analysis on members posts,  if they overwhelmingly post negative stuff only coinciding with a poor run of form. Troll Icon in the profile :)  Its like people you never see post any other time come out in force when there is a downward shift in results.

Two years to the day since LJ was taken on.

What a transformation he has made to the whole Club.

From the bottom up in the space of two years. Incredible what he's achieved in that short space of time when you think about it.

From a struggling Championship side, to a side beating Man Utd and other Prem teams, doing better than most against Man City, getting plaudits from all in the game, playing attractive entertaining football, Academy doing well, players developing and progressing, everyone singing off the same hymn sheet, Sitting in the top 6 for most of the season and doing it on a relatively small budget compared to many others. A long term plan to be better, the right way... fans in union, feel good factor etc,etc,etc.

And someone posts the OP....really? Have a word with yourself fella.

Look at so many other Clubs, established, bigger budgets and struggling.

Take the mess at Leeds as an example....Academy all speaking Spanish, not wanting to be there, losing their identity, manager getting booted, back to short term philosophy....and so many others like it.

How many managers and owners do you know that would get on this well and look to build a dream together?

We've got something special going on, and you can't wave a magic wand to go up....there will be ups and downs, but why not enjoy what we have....a stable football club, pulling together, doing it the right way with a long term plan.

Enjoy....the ups and downs...like any good relationship, worth working at if you believe in it.

Seriously... We are still top 6 after a blip against the 2 best teams in the league, with pretty much Premier league squads! 

We took 4 points off Derby again a Premier league squad, beat 4 Premier league teams and took the champions elect close over 2 games... 

Personally the worst blip was in October - drawing to Burton and losing to Leeds at home... Those extra 5 points would make all the difference now. We will drop points all teams do. We but to show team spirit like QPR shows superb moral and management. 

With the injuries we had and to still have players to return to be where we are now is bloody incredible. 

We will end the season top 6 

Yes, as @spudski says - 2 years to the day since he was appointed. I remember it very well. He's currently the 29th longest serving manager in the English divisions!

I remember it because it was Charlton away and I believe his appointment broke between 2 and 3pm. I was there and remember a few 'Johnson says, bounce around the ground' chants being resurrected! At the time it all felt a bit uncertain but was a great atmosphere that day. He was in the stands with Ashton (who at the time was new) and Lansdown.

Feels a very long time ago now.

Ashton's quotes at the time were interesting

“Lee is a very bright, intelligent young man who is highly motivated and very detailed in his approach. He’s well-known to the club; fans, stakeholders and staff.

“He is one of the up and coming coaches in the country and having interviewed him, I had no hesitation in recommending to the Board that Lee is the right fit for this football club. 

“Lee also has the advantage of knowing Bristol City very well and will be able to fit seamlessly back into Ashton Gate. 

“There are substantial synergies in the way that we think and the way that we believe football departments should be operated. 

“We’ll work together to build this football club for sustainable success.” 

Ignoring the corporate waffle, I think we're achieving 'sustainable success' and you can see the way the club works well together (I won't use the phrase sustainable synergies) from youth level to first team to scouting.

What a shocking question to ask lets be honest, even if our results our poor from now until the end of the season we'll still more than likely 

finish in the top 10 as were 8 points clear of 11th place Brentford as it stands. 

if somebody had said at the start of the season were going to finish 10th and get to the league cup semi final beating United and then pushing City all the way I'd of been delighted.

Yes we'll all be disappointed as we've been in the top 6 for most of the season and in the top 2 as well at one point.

But what a season this has been, the football that this squad is capable is outstanding at times.. and this is all only a year on from the awful losing run and all the LJ out shouts.  

Not a ******* chance.

I said in a thread a while ago that if City were promoted and came straight back down again, I'd want LJ to stay. The only situation in which he should be sacked is if his mentality/drive shifts and no longer fits the DNA of the club.

It's interesting what is happening at Reading as well. They are on an horrendous run of results and are having a terrible season by their standards, yet they are sticking with Jaap Stam because he has modelled the club on the Dutch way of playing, from the kids through to the first team. To sack him now would mean ripping up that philosophy and starting again and I truly believe they noted our board sticking with LJ last season when deciding this. 

I'd love LJ to become what Alex Ferguson was at Utd.

As long as we continued in the same vein as we are now.

Lets face it...every team is trying to chase the golden carrot. You can only have so much success as a team outside the top 6.

It's worth trying to close the gap in 'Our Way'....so many other teams doing the same old for years and years...yet it doesn't work and they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

As long as everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet and believing in how the club are doing things....what a great feeling.

In all my years, I can't remember feeling so positive about how this club is being run.

Forget the results....and if you take everything else going on in the background...how wonderful.

I'm all for stability and growing together.

36 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

What a shocking question to ask lets be honest, even if our results our poor from now until the end of the season we'll still more than likely 

finish in the top 10 as were 8 points clear of 11th place Brentford as it stands. 

if somebody had said at the start of the season were going to finish 10th and get to the league cup semi final beating United and then pushing City all the way I'd of been delighted.

Yes we'll all be disappointed as we've been in the top 6 for most of the season and in the top 2 as well at one point.

But what a season this has been, the football that this squad is capable is outstanding at times.. and this is all only a year on from the awful losing run and all the LJ out shouts.  

Let's just think we are going to be in the playoffs . No reason why not . We are as good as any team in this league and gave Wolves a very hard run not to mention the LC run . The games now will be ever more unpredictable as lower position teams wake up to the idea they might go down so it will be like cup ties every week from now .there will be loss of form for all contenders . We have had ours and now we can push on to make playoffs which compared to last season will be a magnificent achievement and great foundation for next season . This forum has some quality contributors . It also suffers from highly negative inputs . Quite incredible . Well done to the positive posters . COYR . As Churchill said ( paraphrase ) a victory is never final neither is a defeat . It is the courage to keep going which matters . LJ and his squad will do so .

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

If city went a a losing run again this season would LJ be sacked, 

Lee, it's no good coming on here looking for reassurance.

If you are worried about your job go and speak to Steve!

Edit: Just read WSMRobin's post - took a phone call while typing and before I could post so apologies for going down similar lines.

Great ( or not so great) minds, and all of that.

40 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

It's interesting what is happening at Reading as well. They are on an horrendous run of results and are having a terrible season by their standards, yet they are sticking with Jaap Stam because he has modelled the club on the Dutch way of playing, from the kids through to the first team. To sack him now would mean ripping up that philosophy and starting again and I truly believe they noted our board sticking with LJ last season when deciding this. 

Yeah, Frank de Boer tried that at Palace. He lasted 5 games!

If Reading drop much closer to the drop zone Stam will be gone.

Archived