IGNORED

Katie Hopkins

BigTone

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

And who’s gonna lock her up then, Jacob Zumba? What a nice and caring bloke he is. 

I really don't care. If she spews vitriol she deserves whatever comes her way. The most revolting human being if you can even call her that.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Everyone including me who's rubbished Big Tone's "right on" OP.

No shame remotely, Katie Hiopkins is a wlecome antidote to the BBC and fellow travellers who choose very carefully what they report to fit their agenda.

She lost her job and more recently her house because of her "views".  Says it all really.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Everyone including me who's rubbished Big Tone's "right on" OP.

No shame remotely, Katie Hiopkins is a wlecome antidote to the BBC and fellow travellers who choose very carefully what they report to fit their agenda.

I have no opinion one way or the other to be honest, she is a pretty vile person but the world is full of vile people, she filters into the sticks and stones category, she's never murdered anybody as far as i'm aware and is also entitled to her opinion but that is a concept that seems to be dying a spectacular death these days.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

She lost her job and more recently her house because of her "views".  Says it all really.

Being stiff necked over not apologiisng for an incorrect tweet rather than her "views".

Food blogger Jack Monroe has won £24,000 damages, plus legal costs, in a libel action against columnist Katie Hopkins after a row over two tweets.

Ms Monroe sued the writer over two war memorial tweets she said caused "serious harm" to her reputation.

Ms Hopkins posted tweets in May 2015 asking her if she had "scrawled on any memorials recently".

Ms Monroe said that meant she had either vandalised a war memorial or "condoned or approved" of it.

Mr Justice Warby also ordered Ms Hopkins - a columnist for the Mail Online - to pay an initial £107,000 towards the campaigner's legal costs within 28 days.

He ruled that the tweets had caused "Ms Monroe real and substantial distress" and she was entitled to "fair and reasonable compensation".

The final costs figure has yet to be assessed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39234079

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I have no opinion one way or the other to be honest, she is a pretty vile person but the world is full of vile people, she filters into the sticks and stones category, she's never murdered anybody as far as i'm aware and is also entitled to her opinion but that is a concept that seems to be dying a spectacular death these days.

Why is she "vile"; don't believe the hype?

Of course she plays up her views for better copy because that's what journalists do.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

There is one thing having an opinion which I always respect but when they spew racist vitriol and general hatred I believe they cross the line of decency. That is all she ever does and has made a living from doing so. Vile, vile human being. Amazes me that otherwise those who appear intelligent people fall for it all as well.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Being stiff necked over not apologiisng for an incorrect tweet rather than her "views".

Food blogger Jack Monroe has won £24,000 damages, plus legal costs, in a libel action against columnist Katie Hopkins after a row over two tweets.

Ms Monroe sued the writer over two war memorial tweets she said caused "serious harm" to her reputation.

Ms Hopkins posted tweets in May 2015 asking her if she had "scrawled on any memorials recently".

Ms Monroe said that meant she had either vandalised a war memorial or "condoned or approved" of it.

Mr Justice Warby also ordered Ms Hopkins - a columnist for the Mail Online - to pay an initial £107,000 towards the campaigner's legal costs within 28 days.

He ruled that the tweets had caused "Ms Monroe real and substantial distress" and she was entitled to "fair and reasonable compensation".

The final costs figure has yet to be assessed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39234079

Had to sell her house to pay the costs .................... fact.  Her tweets were complete fabrication and KH was first to try and apologise for offence caused.  Best keep her very large and loose mouth firmly shut I think.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

There is one thing having an opinion which I always respect but when they spew racist vitriol and general hatred I believe they cross the line of decency. That is all she ever does and has made a living from doing so. Vile, vile human being.

And she shares incredibly good company in that regard and if she has done that, why has she not been prosecuted?.

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Why is she "vile"; don't believe the hype?

Of course she plays up her views for better copy because that's what journalists do.

Sentence 1 don't believe the hype, sentence 2 but of course the hype I am not encouraged to believe is self generated.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And she shares incredibly good company in that regard and if she has done that, why has she not been prosecuted?.

Sentence 1 don't believe the hype, sentence 2 but of course the hype I am not encouraged to believe is self generated.

You guys keep answering your own questions. The very simple fact is she has had to sell her own house to pay the damages awarded in relation to her "views". What more do you all need to understand ?

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Racism????????????

She was detained in South Africa for that very reason.  It's in all the papers Es.

Katie Hopkins ‘detained by passport control in South Africa for spreading racial hatred’ .................... the headlines !!

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Can't stand the woman... 

However this is one issue she's taken up which other media commentators have been too 'pc' or afraid to highlight.. It needs recognising even if inevitably a backlash of right on, do goody, blind, white self flagellating outrage will follow, for attempting to do this and having the balls that others in the public eye distinctly lack, in this instance, I grudgingly respect her.

4 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Yep. 

Agree with Hopkins views on some subjects, but also Corbyn on others. What’s frightening are those on the extremes who won’t allow opinions to be expressed other than their own, and just attack them as left or right fascists. 

You then end up getting a pissed off majority voting Brexit or Trump as people don’t express their views in the open only through the ballot box and/or mainstream politicians don't want to associate themselves with policy that is viewed by some as fascist. Alternatively you end up with, something like that Canadian PM who is so politically correct he invented a new word ‘peoplekind’ in correcting a female speakers reference to ‘mankind’. 

14 hours ago, BigTone said:

She was detained in South Africa for that very reason.  It's in all the papers Es.

Katie Hopkins ‘detained by passport control in South Africa for spreading racial hatred’ .................... the headlines !!

Ummm this piece actually has a totally different slant to 'the facts' than you are portraying and comes across as them being pissed off about a documentary about attacks on white farmers, this is entirely politically motivated end of and nothing as far as I can see about racism, which was my question to you.

The most important line was "South Africa police deny that she was detained.

So no racial hatred and no detention, end of story.

Yes she is a nasty piece of work but the facts do not stack up.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-feared-could-imprisoned-11984354

PS:- And the headline sort of gives us a clue "Katie feared she could be imprisoned", remember Eddie Hitlers words about Katie Hopkins and hype, I suspect the story is more about Ms Hopkins obtaining more air time and column inches and who knows even an appearance on loose women.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Ummm this piece actually has a totally different slant to 'the facts' than you are portraying and comes across as them being pissed off about a documentary about attacks on white farmers, this is entirely politically motivated end of and nothing as far as I can see about racism, which was my question to you.

The most important line was "South Africa police deny that she was detained.

So no racial hatred and no detention, end of story.

Yes she is a nasty piece of work but the facts do not stack up.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-feared-could-imprisoned-11984354

PS:- And the headline sort of gives us a clue "Katie feared she could be imprisoned", remember Eddie Hitlers words about Katie Hopkins and hype, I suspect the story is more about Ms Hopkins obtaining more air time and column inches and who knows even an appearance on loose women.

Well good luck to her with that; I keep applying and don''t even seem to merit the courtesy of a reply.

The South African government doesn't like foreign journalists revealing facts that make them look bad so they hassle them; they're not the only country that does that but Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, China and North Korea are not good company to keep.  "Detained" is a nicely vague word, airport security staff can sit you in a room for hours (happened to a relative in the US, mistaken identity) before letting you go with no need to proffer an explanation and thsi woudl not be classed as detention by the police.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well good luck to her with that; I keep applying and don''t even seem to merit the courtesy of a reply.

The South African government doesn't like foreign journalists revealing facts that make them look bad so they hassle them; they're not the only country that does that but Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, China and North Korea are not good company to keep.  "Detained" is a nicely vague word, airport security staff can sit you in a room for hours (happened to a relative in the US, mistaken identity) before letting you go with no need to proffer an explanation and thsi woudl not be classed as detention by the police.

And I agree with everything that you say.

It's like being stopped by the old bill over here in France for a so called motoring offence, you just know that cash will be going into their pockets, sometimes they don't even make a secret about it, banana republic with EU backing.

20 hours ago, harrys said:

I’m afraid that If you’ve ever spent any time on our political forum you’ll see that quite a few on here share her views

Don't be afraid.

Embrace her (admittedly, rare) pearls of wisdom and debate the rest.

She talks a lot of sense, sometimes, but has an unfortunate persona. 

19 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Yep. 

Agree with Hopkins views on some subjects, but also Corbyn on others. What’s frightening are those on the extremes who won’t allow opinions to be expressed other than their own, and just attack them as left or right fascists. 

You then end up getting a pissed off majority voting Brexit or Trump as people don’t express their views in the open only through the ballot box and/or mainstream politicians don't want to associate themselves with policy that is viewed by some as fascist.

Alternatively you end up with, something like that Canadian PM who is so politically correct he invented a new word ‘peoplekind’ in correcting a female speakers reference to ‘mankind’. 

I really wanted to give you a like for this post, as it it corresponds so closely to my own views....

And then you went and spoilt it with your (misguided, if I may say so) comment about M. 'holeofwater'. 

It was meant to be a joke: somewhat weak, perhaps, but a joke.

Justin Trudeau is a breath of fresh air to international politics, and you would do well to listen to what he says and the manner in which he holds himself.  

17 hours ago, BigTone said:

I'm amazed (and disturbed) that there are at least 4 people on here who approve of her bullcrap and utter bollocks. Mostly right swankers IMO.

17 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Name and shame?.

Make that 5, as I approve absolutely of her right to present her views.

I don't agree with many of them, nor do I like the style in which she writes, although I see often from where she is coming and, I have to admit, agree frequently with her 'bullcrap and utter bollocks'.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Make that 5, as I approve absolutely of her right to present her views.

I don't agree with many of them, nor do I like the style in which she writes, although I see often from where she is coming and, I have to admit, agree frequently with her 'bullcrap and utter bollocks'.

It was a shameless fishing trip.

The only person on TV for whom I actually have to turn it over when I see them. Even that **** Piers Morgan is watchable. KH has a career based purely on inciting frustrations and internal hatred, based on the fact that she more often than not knows how to get ever so close to the line without actually crossing it. A vile waste of oxygen, she's basically a walking example of a tabloid newspaper.

Archived